Sign in to follow this  
booyah

Mac support

Just wondering if the Stand alone version will be operable using apple's OS. I constantly hear from friends/forums of people with macbooks wishing they could have a quality zombie survival game.

Then tell them to get a quality OS ;)

Just fun :D

I just dont think a Mac port has very high priority since mac users can still use bootcamp or whatever win on mac is called :D

honestly, since I switched to mac... windows is garbage operating system, apple's OS is a lot more operator friendly and boot camp is just garbage. If more people could afford it, it would be used more then windows. unfortunately, this won't happen due to price.

honestly, since I switched to mac... windows is garbage operating system, apple's OS is a lot more operator friendly and boot camp is just garbage. If more people could afford it, it would be used more then windows. unfortunately, this won't happen due to price.

The Apple OS is actually quite terrible, and if you found windows hard to use

Apple's OS is a lot more operator friendly
Then I have no clue what you were doing wrong. The Windows Operating System is a very good Operating System, if you know how to use it correctly. It is a heavily modifiable Operating System, and once you get to know it, it is very simple to modify yourself (Depending on what you want to do).

The prices of the Apple products are just way too high for what you get, they use low grade parts and then over-charge for them. Mostly because of the Resolution the Panel uses (2560x1600 "Depending on the model"), which doesn't look too much better then (1920x1080). Having a resolution that high on a Mac will cause major performance problems in gaming as the GPU's that most Mac's use will barely play 1920x1080 (Obviously depending on the graphics settings). So attempting to play something like ArmA 2 will be terribly optimized for the Mac (As it would have to be ported over, which nobody will do).

Now, why do people like Macs? Seriously, I have no clue whatsoever as there is nothing wrong with the Windows OS. Yeah, sure it is easy to get a Virus (If you are just randomly clicking websites). If you ever go back to Windows, Buy and Download "Emsisoft" Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware ($50 a Year).

Apple fans will continue to say (Macs don't get viruses) when they certainly do. They just don't have too many at the moment due to the fact that there weren't too many people using them, however now there are. So, there are viruses popping up all over the place for them. Eventually, Mac's will be ridden with Viruses just like Windows Machines, however, Mac's will probably be hit much, much harder as many people who use Mac's go with the impression that they do not get viruses and just go haywire on the internet.

You can continue to use your Apple product, but they just aren't built for gaming. Computers running the Windows OS are heavily modifiable, you are able to swap out parts for better ones (Better Graphics Cards for gaming, ect). However, you cannot do this with a Mac as their (Drivers, Apple calls them Kexts) do not support all types of Hardware.

Edited by Derranged
  • Like 1

MACs are people how dont know how to use PC and have way too much money to show off with.

MAC is not for gaming and never will be, Jobs took care of that. Buy PC if you wanna play games.

I dont even see why anyone would need a mac, everything those can do can PC do... well can do ever more and with smaller price tag.(same performance)

Its like COD overpriced recycled stuff over and over again, fanboys will buy.

But hey, it has nice logo and its mostly white and has uber clean design!

just boot camp your mac.. works a treat.

Im what most would consider a pc nerd.. i know lots about pcs, and i own a macbook. i have a gaming pc for games, everything else i use a mac for. The os is smooth, and doesnt eat battery life.. i get 9 hours on mac os, boot into windows and i get an hour and a half..

If more people could afford it, it would be used more then windows. unfortunately, this won't happen due to price.

A golden pile of shit is still a pile of shit, doesn't matter if I can afford it or not

Edited by Hawk24

Just right now, I am smoothly playing Dayz on my 2011 Macbook Laptop on average settings...

Type "Bootcamp" in Google. Then press enter. Then click on the first link that appears. Then read.

#Bootcamp isn't garbage.

Edited by RastaKoueR