Piripon

Please don't hate on me when you read this

Hey guys, so I am a console player. And there are many out there just like me that would die to have this mod come to consoles in any way. Now, I know they would have to scale down the map tremendously and other stuff but it IS possible. Please, if you are supportive, try and spread the word

Buy a PC. It's a better investment than a console.

BIS is not going to port Arma2 to console with Arma3 on the way out.

Most PC developers stay away from console gamers.

Their games are often poles apart in terms of marketing and demography.

I can't really afford a high end pc, and I would need a pretty expensive one if i want the game to run in the highest settings. It would also not make sense if i buy a pc JUST for this game. Anyway, what is the best gaming pc out there? (Best graphics and the one that runs the best) I am a complete noob on pc's so help me out lol.

For BEST, the sky is the ceiling..If you max everything and go absolute topshelf, you can spend 25k on a pc.

1500 bucks gets you a good system.

On top of that, moving relatively recent pc only titles to console is pretty much impossible...the hardware simply cannot handle it. Consoles, at this point, are about 6 years behind pc technology and even the next gen consoles coming in 2013 will already be 3 years behind by the time the launch.

post budget and country of origin, ARMA II can quite nicely on anything starting from £500/$800

you will have to put the lego together yourself, but that's not exactly a challenge

You don't need to run the game at max settings because it is kinda pointless unless that is the thing you care about.

I can't really afford a high end pc' date=' and I would need a pretty expensive one if i want the game to run in the highest settings. It would also not make sense if i buy a pc JUST for this game. Anyway, what is the best gaming pc out there? (Best graphics and the one that runs the best) I am a complete noob on pc's so help me out lol.

[/quote']

Think about how much money you've invested in the console. A couple hundred to buy it, upwards of $50 a game. You probably can afford it. And Arma 2 is entirely playable on low settings. I run it on low pretty frequently when my framerate drops for I don't know why.

You don't need a top notch pc to play this game.

If you have any mates who play games on their pc maybe they can help you put a cheap system together with some of their old pc parts that will be able to test this game.

I have had the pleasure of helping a number of friends kick their console habit and join the Pc gamers ranks.

It would also not make sense if i buy a pc JUST for this game.

Right-o. However, you can make money with a PC. It's a smart investment you can also use for gaming. It's like buying a car. You can get to work with it, but you can also use it to go on vacation.

My friend bought a computer just for DayZ. He had a laptop, that couldn't run Arma2, and wanted another laptop to replace it, so that he could play DayZ and sell the other laptop. I did some research, and since he wanted to spend as little as possible, I found an Acer laptop on Amazon for $419 that I thought would work. AMD A6 CPU and 6520G iGPU. Runs Arma2/DayZ on Medium settings pretty well. I haven't overclocked it for him yet, but there's videos on YouTube of that laptop with a decent overclock running BF3 on Ultra settings quite nicely. So, for around $400 you could run it fine. Maybe a little more/less if you're looking for a desktop, since you'd also need the monitor and peripherals.

Hey guys' date=' so I am a console player. And there are many out there just like me that would die to have this mod come to consoles in any way. Now, I know they would have to scale down the map tremendously and other stuff but it IS possible. Please, if you are supportive, try and spread the word

[/quote']

Well how often do you see some mod ported to console? Also Arma 2 would have to be on the console first which hasn't happened yet. Also the biggest factor is that they simply would have to restrict the game a lot because consoles aren't capable of as much and the controllers don't have that many buttons.

Rocket wants to make and keep this game unique which unfortunately is not possible on consoles and some of the features he has planned would have to be removed.

Pretty expensive pc? I say not. 300-400 bucks will net you a viable gaming computer.

Compared to consoles thats in the same ball park. Except your computer has more value. Even in games. Cause then you get awesome free mods, like Dayz....

Then a simple port is not sufficient. If they choose to do that. They'd need to rebuild the entire game, to fit into the console world. Or it will just suck, compared to the pc counterpart.

Plants vs Zombies. Is a good example. The game is different on console, by far. But the core is the same.

My friend bought a computer just for DayZ. He had a laptop' date=' that couldn't run Arma2, and wanted another laptop to replace it, so that he could play DayZ and sell the other laptop. I did some research, and since he wanted to spend as little as possible, I found an Acer laptop on Amazon for $419 that I thought would work. AMD A6 CPU and 6520G iGPU. Runs Arma2/DayZ on Medium settings pretty well. I haven't overclocked it for him yet, but there's videos on YouTube of that laptop with a decent overclock running BF3 on Ultra settings quite nicely. So, for around $400 you could run it fine. Maybe a little more/less if you're looking for a desktop, since you'd also need the monitor and peripherals.

[/quote']

You'll waste your time with that overclock. Given you wont add more cooling. Your gains will not be worth it. Most overclocks are just for the numbers, not the gain. Then at same time, youll kill the life of the laptop.

Dont care what you seen. You overclock the video and cpu. You aint going to gain spit, in a real game. With stock cooling.

Its possible this is how you do it!

Step 1.

Buy a computer

Step 2.

Name it Xbox, Ps3, console which ever one you fancy

Step 3.

Get a gamepad that you can hook up to the 'console'

Step 9.

Make your tv screen the monitor

Step 4.

Leave all your creditcard information for everyone to see

And voilá you have now created the ultimate console simulation and can enjoy playing DayZ on it! :heart:

Current gen Consoles are not capable of handling such large terrains as Chernarus, you'd have to implement some kind of zoning or terrain streaming, as employed by many MMOs, but still a console would choke on the size of the world it has to display.

The game would never work on console. The map would have to be scaled down so much it would kill the point of the game. Then you have to think about all the key bindings you would have to get rid of as consoles only have around 15-20 buttons. The sarcifices the game would have to make to port it to console would pretty much make it a different game.

I hate to say it to you mate but it will never be out on console. I also am glad that it wont, for this game to be its best it needs to focus on the PC.

As for PC prices. I saw a guy saying you can spend up to 25k on a PC. Please dont listen to that as it is complete and utter BS. The most you would ever spend on a PC is around 10k, which would be completly pointless as you could get one that runs ALL games just as well for around 2k.

Mine cost 1k and it can run pretty much any game on max.

I can't really afford a high end pc' date=' and I would need a pretty expensive one if i want the game to run in the highest settings. It would also not make sense if i buy a pc JUST for this game. Anyway, what is the best gaming pc out there? (Best graphics and the one that runs the best) I am a complete noob on pc's so help me out lol.

[/quote']

I spent £600 (about $800) on a PC system that I built myself from scratch. I was advised on another board and used a YouTube video to take me through the process. It was the most nerve shredding 2 hours of my life (especially installing the motherboard!) but I finally got it put together and it can run almost everything I throw at it in high end graphics.

It runs like a dream...fingers crossed on tempting fate.

As a bought retail computer it would cost maybe £1000 ($1300) but since I built it myself, it was much cheaper.

I'd advise that. Don't forget, I was a total amateur when I attempted it, but now I feel confident doing upgrades, tweaking and repairs.

Buy a PC, it won't cost as much as you think, some cool PC only stuff coming out in the future, you also get great mods for many games that will never make it to console versions.

I hate you. Troll bait thread. Consoles harbour outdated technology software/hardware.

[/quote']

You realize that consoles run games in basically the lowest settings, so having a PC that runs them in the lowest settings wouldn't be a downgrade, right?

[/quote']

Think about how much money you've invested in the console. A couple hundred to buy it, upwards of $50 a game. You probably can afford it. And Arma 2 is entirely playable on low settings. I run it on low pretty frequently when my framerate drops for I don't know why.

I seen people post similiar to the OP on other forums and this makes absolutely no sense to me, a person spends several hundred dollars on a PC to surf the net, do email and stuff then another couple hundred on a game console. So here you have 2 seperate systems that do different things, one of which does it kinda crappy as a poster here noted game consoles run games at PC level lowest settings at low resolution rates.

Why wouldn't one just buy a decent PC to start with?

[/quote']

I seen people post similiar to the OP on other forums and this makes absolutely no sense to me, a person spends several hundred dollars on a PC to surf the net, do email and stuff then another couple hundred on a game console. So here you have 2 seperate systems that do different things, one of which does it kinda crappy as a poster here noted game consoles run games at PC level lowest settings at low resolution rates.

I think you're missing the type of person they are.

Myself, I am very well off, got a good job, good money coming in so I can afford a high spec PC that I build myself and I still have PS3/Xbox all that good stuff.

If I was tight on money, i wouldnt Buy PS3 or Xbox really because after buying those and all games, i'd of spent several hundred already, buying a PC and getting games in cheaper methods be so much more worthwhile.

The other issue is a lot of people just dont want a big clunky pc and the issue of having it, sometimes it is just easier to get a console so a lot of people do and then if your friends have consoles that favors your judgement.

But the guy is right, people use "i dont have the money for a PC" then go buy a console plus a bunch of games for about the same price the PC would cost where the games are a lot cheaper.

[/quote']

simple minded, ignorant, desinteressted or just plain dumb people.

btw i love how the OP talks about PC's.

learn more about the whole elctronic stuff cpu's mainboards ram etc. broaden your horizont. light up.

I basically bought a PC for this game. Im hardly computer illiterate, I used to be pretty hardcore into operation flashpoint back in the day but I must say, PC's have their own set of problems. It's not all roses when you're tweaking settings, trying squeeze every last extra frame out of your system, even though it should be able to run a game on max settings with no problem. This never happens with console games Not to mention worrying about cooling, etc. Sure, you can get a good gaming pc for 800 bucks, but if you want it to be future proof (more than 1 year) it will require regular upgrades, an AMAZING cooling system, etc. You'll end up spending far more on one 'generation' of gaming then you would in 2 console generations.

Also, this idea that console gamers dont want an experience like Arma or DayZ is just laughable. Of course we do. We are begging for it. Just like we are begging for diablo 3, guild wars 2, and minecraft. of course, controlwise a game like arma ii would only be possible console with voice activiation or some sort of keyboard support(simple to do, many console games already have it) but dayZ really doesnt require any special controls other than 'move' and 'shoot'. It's not like you're commanding an army. from a technical standpoint, it's also funny to hear people think dayZ wouldn't run on consoles. My 6 year old PC ran DayZ. I'm pretty sure Ps3 could handle it with some smart coding. it might even be more stable. certainly with less hacking and cheating. Really though, the map itself wouldn't be much of a problem. 50 players, a few shambling zombies, a handful of vehicles and some loot is not too much for a console to handle, even with a big environment like chernarus. It wouldn't take that much reworking. And it'd be a revelation on consoles. Seriously, DayZ as a launch title for the next gen of xbox and ps3's would be simply incredible.