Rage VG

What do I need most to improve performance of DayZ?

On my current laptop, I can play DayZ on pretty much the lowest settings, and I'm quite alright with that. I'm curious which part of my Laptop I would have to upgrade to get an overall better performance in not just DayZ, but most other games also. I'll leave Puush links of my dxdiag System, Display and Sound Here, Here and Here, respectively.

To put it simply,

sell laptop, buy a tower pc :)

Doesn't answer my question.

Your current setup needs a better cpu and a better graphics card. The latter of which to change on a laptop is more hassel then its worth.

Hance you really want to start a fresh with a gaming tower setup.

As much as Laptops will run games, unless you have an Alienware Laptop you will pretty much always struggle with high end games.

You'll need a dedicated graphics card, but depending on the make of your laptop, that might not even be possible. Upgrading laptops is annoying, and there is little scope to do so, compared to a pc.

Although I totally agree with the others.; To answer your question, get an actual graphics card, upgrade your CPU (if thats even possible) and get more RAM, thats what you COULD do. You shouldnt though, because it will still be SHIT and you will have just wasted money.

Your current setup needs a better cpu and a better graphics card. The latter of which to change on a laptop is more hassel then its worth.

As much as Laptops will run games, unless you have an Alienware Laptop you will pretty much always struggle with high end games.

I know that I won't have much luck with upgrading a laptop, It's just I am more of a software kinda person, so I don't know much about Hardware. I will make sure to be on the lookout for a CPU and Graphics card when I get a desktop. Do you have any recommendations of what I should be aiming for in terms of specifics?

You'll need a dedicated graphics card, but depending on the make of your laptop, that might not even be possible. Upgrading laptops is annoying, and there is little scope to do so, compared to a pc.

It's a HP Pavillion G6, however I just wanted suggestions for whenever I get a Desktop.

Edited by Rage VG

you will be wanting the following

Intell i5 (or AMD equivelent) CPU

8-12GB RAM (or more if you have slots/cash for it)

Nvidea gtx560 or higher graphics card (i would personally recommend at least a gtx580)

Well depending on your budget, the GTX 660ti is great bang for your buck. Im not too knowledgeable with AMD so dont have a clue what theirs are like. For CPU's if you're just gunna be gaming and not video editing and such an i5 CPU will be perfect, you wont see much of an improvement with an i7 for gaming. Pair those with 8-16gb of ram and an SSD (seriously DO get one of these) and you'll have a great system for not too much money.

You're best of saying what your budget will be, then you'll be able to get better recommendations.

Edited by Rooneye

For CPU's if you're just gunna be gaming and not video editing and such an i5 CPU will be perfect

That may be a problem, as I am an amateur video maker/LPer, so I would be doing that often. However, I've had no issues editing/rendering videos on my current setup.

That may be a problem, as I am an amateur video maker/LPer, so I would be doing that often. However, I've had no issues editing/rendering videos on my current setup.

Oh yeah an i5 will do just fine. I just mean you WILL notice an improvement with an i7 over an i5 for editing whereas you wont really notice an improvement in gaming with an i7 over an i5. but yeah i5 will ge just fine for editing too :)

Okay then, thank you all for your input, I'll take it into consideration whenever I can afford a new setup.

Have you tried any of those prgrams that stop background processes when your gaming so that your PC is putting the most power it can into just the game and not background processes? Maybe that might help i dunno never tried them, but ive heard you can squeeze some more FPS with low end systems that way. Could be worth a try I suppose.

Edited by Rooneye

Alienware or other I prefer other... CPU is big on ARMAII but with the standalone coming out it's hard to say. Laptops do however make it difficult/impossible to upgrade your graphics card which is important for a majority of your gaming needs. Alienware IMHO are not "high end" anymore. They used to be great but I've seen some serious heat/performance issues with them lately They do have the best Gaming Laptop atm but for the cost you could build 3 towers that would outperform it. http://computers.toptenreviews.com/gaming-laptops/ But your choice.

I tried Gamebooster, However I didn't really get that much of an improvement. To be honest, it felt choppier. Do you have any suggestions on programs like that I should try I haven't heard of?

Desktop depends on your needs. AMD is cheaper and ATM faster, Intel is better for video editing/hyperthreading. I like AMD and the new AMD 8350 is top. Graphics is really a preference that most people can decide on their own but I like this comparison. http://graphics-cards-review.toptenreviews.com/ I have the 6990 and it's awesome..big but awesome. Liquid cooling is also a good way to go. Corsair makes great closed loop systems.

I tried Gamebooster, However I didn't really get that much of an improvement. To be honest, it felt choppier. Do you have any suggestions on programs like that I should try I haven't heard of?

Ahhh you did, then I dunno :( Ive never used these myself just heard about them thats all, shame they dont seem to work then (at least on your system).

you will be wanting the following

Intell i5 (or AMD equivelent) CPU

8-12GB RAM (or more if you have slots/cash for it)

Nvidea gtx560 or higher graphics card (i would personally recommend at least a gtx580)

This or if you don't have money you would want to get those that are good too:

AMD Phenom II x4 Black Box 950 3.4GHz

4-6GB of RAM

Sapphire HD 7770 Overclock Edition

You would end up somewhere around 400E.

Edited by Hosty
  • Like 1