Sign in to follow this  
basicnerf@gmail.com

Should I play this game?

I wanna buy and get into Arma2, it looks like a fun game. I also want to play DayZ, but recently I've read some comments saying that this game isn't what it used to be. People are complaining about no bandit skins, shooting on site, etc. Should I still bother to play this game?

Doesn't that decision fall entirely on to you?

You're likely to find a ton of people who'll say "hell ya!" since this is the official DayZ forum.

The removal of bandit skin and the lack of an effective "humanity" system has pretty much turned this game into a "shoot on sight" affair... but not a whole lot more than what it used to be prior.

It's still a highly recommended MOD to experience. You won't find anything like it and if you can play it, you'll be a fool to pass up the opportunity now.

Even if you will not like DayZ this much, there are TONS of content in ArmA 2 + Arrowhead, various gamemodes, big servers with sandbox missions, other mods, not to mention there is a campaign which can be played in coop, campaign is pretty dull though. Game is very hard and will kick you in the nuts a lot at first but it gets SO rewarding like nothing else when you get used to controls and will start feeling that you know what you do.

Let's just say I have been playing and staying in cherno for the past week (one of the main towns in the game where a lot of players go and a lot of people usually die) and have ran in to 3 people, and all did not try to kill me. Sometimes they gave me their trust and other times I gave them my trust.

What I'm trying to say shooting on site doesnt always happen, and honestly I have met great people that are friendly that had bandit skins, because they got it from self defense.

And lastly, there is no mod even like this game so you got to give it a try!

People are beginning to use avoidance tactics as opposed to hostility now, proofed by the time alive indicator slowly rising on the home page (When I started it was 28 mins). But as a general rule, trust no one, once you have found lots of good loot, join a different server.

Murphy's Law is server based for me. Anytime I get hella good gear and I stay in the server I die 15 seconds later. If I leave and join another I do alright.

But there are people doing lets plays of this on youtube, and some of them are up to date, so they are a decent indicator of how the game space is.