Sign in to follow this  
elf cakes

Bring back the debug menu! or at least another way to find out my humanity!

Can i just say to all those who are glad it's gone, why didn't you just turn it off in the options?

I mean it's a tactical help to know your blood levels so you could tell when you're going to start passing out, rather than guessing.

And my humanity would be nice to know again, and the amount of zombies globally helped me to know if people were near towns or buildings, or just out in the forests.

Can i just say to all those who are glad it's gone, why didn't you just turn it off in the options?

I mean it's a tactical help to know your blood levels so you could tell when you're going to start passing out, rather than guessing.

And my humanity would be nice to know again, and the amount of zombies globally helped me to know if people were near towns or buildings, or just out in the forests.

This is exactly why we don't want it. We don't want to be able to know if people are near villages or buildings. We don't want the tactical advantage offered to anyone in knowing how much blood they have, exactly.

You shouldn't have a big green stats board that shows you all these things.

Any and all necessary answers to every potential "bring back the debug menu" response, are already in this thread.

OP, JoyceY, Seddrik and any other people who just can't accept the way DayZ is going :

You'll either play it or you won't.

When it boils down to it, it's not about realism, it's not even about intrusive menus. It's about Rocket building his game how he wants to.

The people you're getting so wound up about are the sensible ones who support the guy who's getting this shit done.

It doesn't matter if you think everyone is just conspiring to piss you off. The simple fact is - We're just stating the obvious.

Deal with it. (or don't. I couldn't give two fucks)

Now now, children. Keep it civil.

i really don't see what your problem is. you're being deliberately hyperbolic to a situation that really doesn't matter that much. how is having the debug menu like having infinite ammo? your logic makes no sense, and you are deliberately changing people's words to what they don't mean for your own amusement.

yes, the debug menu confers no advantage, so why would you not want it back? you don't HAVE to have it on. it's clear from reading all the posts on this thread that there are actually people who WANT it back, so who are you to say that we can't have it?

Because its not ment to be there, its debugging tool for development purposes, its removed due there so no use for it anymore.

Ofc people will cry when its removed when they are used to it, its not necessary to have and the game is better without it.

It gives you advantage at the section "Zombies (alive/total)" with this you can see other players activity with this, people entering and leaving deerstands etc, by following the count.

And other info is merely for how big your e-penis is, if you really wanna keep track take paper and pen...

Info provided through debug monitor is not necessary and you dont need it, you cant argue that is absolutely necessary to have any of the info it gives.

It doesnt how much people QQ about the debug monitor, it is not coming back so why waste your energy doing so?

Doesnt matter what anyone of us thinks its the way it is and how it going to be, rockets playground.

Edited by Zeppa

It's a matter of perspective. Whatever he chooses will have been "right" for him.

Rocket makes it clear in many of his interviews, he values authenticity over popularity. A lot of people just can't seem to accept that.

Folks need to get used to the idea that they're not going to be pandered to.

What happens when the game is too realistic? What happens when the game simply becomes too difficult? When you, me, and the guy down the street killing bandits with a crowbar won't even want to play the game? If Dean Hall were to create this game in the ultimate realism way he wants, he would have to create this fifty years in the future when you yourself can enter the game as a digital reconstruction. Something has to give. He needs to make the choice to have a fun, moderately realistic game that millions enjoy or an almost unplayable game too far ahead of its time that cost him more than he earns.

What happens when the game is too realistic? What happens when the game simply becomes too difficult? When you, me, and the guy down the street killing bandits with a crowbar won't even want to play the game? If Dean Hall were to create this game in the ultimate realism way he wants, he would have to create this fifty years in the future when you yourself can enter the game as a digital reconstruction. Something has to give. He needs to make the choice to have a fun, moderately realistic game that millions enjoy or an almost unplayable game too far ahead of its time that cost him more than he earns.

Absolutely. Not a debug monitor though.

People want realism. It might be a small number of people but I'm glad this game isn't being produced by EA or Ubisoft who only care about profits than making a good game.

• Like 1

So.... you want the debug menu to stay so Rocket will sell more copies? LOL

Thankfully Rocket isn't making DayZ to get rich, he's making it because it's a game a lot of people have always wanted.

No. I'm not even concerned with the Debug Menu. I feel that this forum thread has turned into the argument that discusses "Which is better, realism or fun?"

Realistically, there wouldn't be icons on the right side of your screen.

There is a difference from being a real zombie apocalypse and a video game trying to achieve realism.

You're not actually killing zombies, and if you were you would be able to tell how much blood you have by the way you feel, not by what color the blood icon is.

No matter how you say it, debug menu is not coming back, even though community wants it back.

I say its a 50/50% on who wants it and who doesn't want it.

If you wont allow me to see how many kills I have, at least make it able so I can mark my gun with dead bandits teeth, so I can brag to my fucking friends. ;P

• Like 1

I'm not even concerned with the Debug Menu. I feel that this forum thread has turned into the argument that discusses "Which is better, realism or fun?"
Then read back and find out who did it, because I've only made the point (repeatedly) that the DayZ debug menu doesn't belong in the final product.

The guy who created the game will have the final say. You don't have to like it.

Rocket is building the game he wants to build, not the mainstream crud people are used to. Bohemia Interactive have built themselves on finding niches in the market.

• Like 2

Translation of many posts above: "X Y Z doesn't belong. If you don't like it, uninstall. And don't post."

People who "discuss" like this need to get over themselves. Why even enter a suggestions forum if you are gonna act like that? Your view only allows your single solitary way. My view allows people to play your way OR my way... or some variation other than that. Mmmmm... but ok. Let me just be clear again because none of your replies really got what I said. Ok... ready?

If it is done with SERVER SIDE SETTINGS to ALLOW EACH SERVER to turn OFF everything, some things OR nothing IF THEY WANT TO then YOU CAN PLAY ON SERVERS WITH NO ICONS, NO NUMBERS, NO STATS, NO PLAYER LISTS, etc. And I CAN PLAY ON ONES WITH WHATEVER I WANT. So, you will not in the least be affected by my preferences (you'll be on a different server) and I will not be bothered by your preferences (I'll be on a different server). But I guess the fact that somewhere, someone is playing DayZ in a way different from what you (and apparently Rocket?) think it SHOULD and MUST be played... AND ENJOYING IT.... will keep you up at night in cold sweat, shivers, fear and anxiety... therefore no options, not even server side selections should ever be allowed! Because of your narrow opinion of what fun is & should be, it becomes the only reasonable, real, and possible way to have fun... for everyone. Server side options captures the "niche" players and others too. Whats so wrong, terrible, & unforgivable about that?

Server side settings would be the SIMPLE solution - a win win situation FOR EVERYONE. But if you can't (or won't) see that, and allow people OTHER THAN YOURSELF a way of enjoying the game... all I can say to such people is: DERP D'DERP DERP.

P.S. It is up to Rocket whether he wants to make money or not from his efforts. Theres nothing wrong with making money from your work. In fact, my suggestion would allow Rocket to make even more from the same amount of work, as well as providing more people enjoyable options adjustable according to their preference.

At this point I seriously doubt you will agree. Your minds are closed to any other views obviously. But I know you can see what I am seeing. Its not that hard to grasp.

Edited by Seddrik
  • Like 1

Realistically, none of the things in the Debug menu would be available of it was a real life situation. Except for knowing your own name.

Realistically we wouldnt move around using a mouse either so your point is dumb

• Like 1

Translation of many posts above: "X Y Z doesn't belong. If you don't like it, uninstall. And don't post."

People who "discuss" like this need to get over themselves. Why even enter a suggestions forum if you are gonna act like that? Your view only allows your single solitary way. My view allows people to play your way OR my way... or some variation other than that. Mmmmm... but ok. Let me just be clear again because none of your replies really got what I said. Ok... ready?

If it is done with SERVER SIDE SETTINGS to ALLOW EACH SERVER to turn OFF everything, some things OR nothing IF THEY WANT TO then YOU CAN PLAY ON SERVERS WITH NO ICONS, NO NUMBERS, NO STATS, NO PLAYER LISTS, etc. And I CAN PLAY ON ONES WITH WHATEVER I WANT. So, you will not in the least be affected by my preferences (you'll be on a different server) and I will not be bothered by your preferences (I'll be on a different server). But I guess the fact that somewhere, someone is playing DayZ in a way different from what you (and apparently Rocket?) think it SHOULD and MUST be played... AND ENJOYING IT.... will keep you up at night in cold sweat, shivers, fear and anxiety... therefore no options, not even server side selections should ever be allowed! Because of your narrow opinion of what fun is & should be, it becomes the only reasonable, real, and possible way to have fun... for everyone. Server side options captures the "niche" players and others too. Whats so wrong, terrible, & unforgivable about that?

Server side settings would be the SIMPLE solution - a win win situation FOR EVERYONE. But if you can't (or won't) see that, and allow people OTHER THAN YOURSELF a way of enjoying the game... all I can say to such people is: DERP D'DERP DERP.

P.S. It is up to Rocket whether he wants to make money or not from his efforts. Theres nothing wrong with making money from your work. In fact, my suggestion would allow Rocket to make even more from the same amount of work, as well as providing more people enjoyable options adjustable according to their preference.

At this point I seriously doubt you will agree. Your minds are closed to any other views obviously. But I know you can see what I am seeing. Its not that hard to grasp.

The game is geared towards a small group of population who want a hardcore survival game... next you'll probably suggest that there is server side changes to toggle whether you want permadeath, etc. Once you start making compromise to fulfill the desire just to get more sales, you become like the mainstream games. It's what ruined games like Rainbow Six, which wanted Call of Duty-like sales... while their gamers just wanted a realistic squad based shooter as it was originally developed. So if people like you who whine over a debug menu or want easy settings don't buy the game, so be it.

Oh here we go. A guy whining about whining. GG

And lol @ "It'll ruin the game if people can play it in different ways!"

Nobody has a closed mind here, yours just seems to be unable to accept facts.

I'm not going to repeat myself again, read through this topic as many times as it takes for you understand.

Seriously, go find out who this Dean Hall fella is. You've probably never heard of him, he doesn't work for Activision or EA.

• Like 1

In every QQ topic there is someone to propose to make it server side option, do you realize how painfull it becomes to find server that suits you, when every little thing is set by the server... Even with a filtering, there is xxxx numbers of options to check and choose. Even after you manage to choose filtering settings and search for server in worst case there is no such server, then start playing around the filters to find even remotely like server...

No thanks, if few people complains about something doesnt mean it should be changed. Keep it simple, no one likes to spend most of the time browsing through servers..

you're just like this other guy, you seem to think you're better than everyone else because you don't want the debug menu (or a menu that shows blood, humanity etc) back, whereas we do. where did you get the idea that we wanted to compare humanities? and what would be wrong with that even if we did?

I dont think im better than anyone(where did you even took that idea?) I just realize that some of the aspect of this game are ment be in certain way, its not game for casual gamer.. that is why its special and hyped up, because its differend! Its not some EA trash game.

And yes, I stand on the same side as "the other guy" as you refer (Chabowski).. like many others.

Oh and the humanity is just an exsample, it could be any other thing from the menu as you guys debate on every of the lines here.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

blah blah blah tl;dr : Rocket hates you all.

Go kill some zombies.

• Like 1

Since the temperature icon is just bugged out and you can only see when your are allready freezing to death when it's to late, i say bring the debug display back

Since the temperature icon is just bugged out and you can only see when your are allready freezing to death when it's to late, i say bring the debug display back

Instead of suggesting things like this... why not suggest things that can be realistically incorporated in the game... like say... An ABC watch that tells time, barometer (would be nice), elevation, compass, and temperature. Something very feasible instead of a menu that tells you every little detail about what's going on in the world.

• Like 1

I don't really know why ppl are complaining about the debug monitor to be not there.

I mean wtf who cares? Why should it be helpfull to see your humanity. You should get that from your playstyle aye?

If you kill ppl you are bad if you help ppl, congrats your good so why the monitor?

I'm glad the debug won't be in it. For all the people who seem to want it, just wait until the UI is even more simple. No temp/blood/hunger/thirst icons? No ammo/clips in top right corner? You'll forget about the debug when you're counting bullets.

Nobody has a closed mind here, yours just seems to be unable to accept facts.

I'm not going to repeat myself again, read through this topic as many times as it takes for you understand.

Seriously, go find out who this Dean Hall fella is. You've probably never heard of him, he doesn't work for Activision or EA.

Fact: Not everyone wants to play that way.

Fact: You do have a closed mind when you only see it one way and allow not even the slightest consideration for other's views/preferences... over.... a... game...

Fact: For those too lazy / bored / hassled / whatever to find a server with the settings you want, but with enough energy to create a doomday scenario of not being able to find a single server with settings they like these, can: (1) Get dayzcommander and have it filter your settings for you; (2) rent your own server and create server with those ever so special settings which is the only right, holy, and true way to play the game, (3) find another game to play perhaps Dayz isn't for you (thats what guys like you tell us to do... derp!). You have options too you know... don't be so lazy & and cop out, passing blame on the ability to have options in the game settings.

Fact: I don't want you to repeat yourself again. : P

Fact: I know who Dean Hall is...

Thus, comment like this are why my recent posts have been more terse. When people get snobbish over "how to play a game" it just gets absurd. Those are your preferences. Thats perfectly fine. You can enjoy the game that way. I can enjoy it a different way. Get your nose out of the air and recognize that your one way to play isn;t the only way. And go rent your own server if you can't find one to your liking.

Fact: You do not need to lose any sleep over the fact that I play the game differently than you. I certainly won't lose any over how you play.

• Like 1

Seriously, go find out who this Dean Hall fella is.

I won't be the decider of these things, neither will you.

Don't get pissy at me, or anyone else because the facts aren't stacking in your favour.

ONE MORE TIME!!!

It doesn't matter what your preferences are, nor mine, nor anyone elses for that matter.

Rocket makes the call. Like it or lump it.

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 1

If it doesn't matter at all, then why did you pontificate your views? Why snob about it with "learn who Dean Hall is" etc?

I do believe Mr Hall has put this forum up and included a suggestions section for us to comment in. Whats so hard to grasp about that?

I do understand you have your preferences. Rocket has his. I have mine. But instead of binding my opinion on everyone, I've made a simple suggestion that allows everyone to play in an enjoyable way... whats so totally off about that?

(PS you repeated yourself again. : P)

Edited by Seddrik
  • Like 1