specs:

AMD Athlon II X2 250 Dual Core Processor

NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 1GB DDR3

3.75 DDR3 RAM

System Requirements

• Minimum:

• Processor: Intel Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
    • Memory: 1GB
    • Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 8600GT or ATI Radeon 3650 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM
    • DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
    • Hard Drive: 10 GB free space

• Recommended:

• Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster
    • Memory: 2GB
    • Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM
    • DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
    • Hard Drive: 20 GB free space

Yes but I wouldn't expect better than average video settings.

Yes you can play the game but expect to get VERY bad fps! and watch your temps!

I stress watch your temps with this game as for me its tempamental and halfway through a game session kicks my CPU in to overdrive and it starts to climb without me knowing (Now have warnings and visual aid to let me know)

If you use programs like for an example "Game Booster" and shut off everything you dont need and i mean everything then you should get a slight fps gain,

If you struggle to play still then go for the OC! but be warned you can end up frying your CPU and GPU if you try to OC them! (Assuming you can OC)

EDIT: Also check out "how to boost DayZ" search it in google and make sure you spread your settings out as needed!

I find texture quality is a must to be set high as you will see players easyer! Also turn off grass and bushes so now one can hide from you :D

Edited by JamesTrendall

@james

so it will lag, even on very low D:

Im not to sure on low but i wouldnt be looking at trying to get anything above 30fps the game is terrible for optimization fingers crossed the standalone will be alot better tho,

Only way to find out is to download the mod and test it, if you havnt bought Arma2 then ask a friend if they can play the game on your machine (Just to be clear i said ask them to play there game on your machine dont want to be warned about game sharing) and have them test the game to see what FPS you can get.

• Like 1

@james

thanks, i used to have arma 2. till my son smashed it on the ground

LOL i know how you feel i try to record my game play for YouTube and to share with the world but my one and half year old is a noisy git its all good fun tho. we will miss them when they grow up.

You can also test with Arma 2 Free or the Arma 2 OA Demo.

• Like 1