usszim

Your Experiences with Other Players...

Are they typically positive or do they end with one man riddled with bullets? For me, it seems that half of my encounters are for the benefit of mankind whereas the other half are about the exchange of ammunition. Today, for example, while trying to escape the airfield, a single snap sounded off before I promptly collapsed to the ground.

During my scavenge for supplies in my new body, I happened across a guy with camo suit and winchester heading to the fire station in Cherno who didn't see me as he passed on the other side of the building I was on. I asked, "FRIENDLY!?" but got no response. Instead, a dozen nearby zombies spotted me and gave chase. I put it in full sprint and dashed past the guy who was now right around the corner. Instead of putting a bullet in my butt like what happened on my first day, he started picking off the zombies that were giving me chase. This stranger was willing to risk his life and potentially draw more zombies to him in order to give me the chance to escape with my life. After leading the remainders out of the city, I was able to finish them with my revolver.

So, after that unnecessarily long story, how are your experiences with people, good or bad?

Used to be 70% SoS scumbags, now it's almost 100%. I also try to shoot first now, so am a scumbag too :blush:

Please note: this not, repeat NOT a moan :cool:

My stories end in a few ways:

DC, I die, and FML.

The most recent is an FML. I put multiple Mak rounds into a guys head, only to have him sync back through the wall and spray me to death. I respawn on the beach in Cherno, and there's a guy popping heads with an AS50.

Before that, I was a sniper covering a small group in Berenzino. Our goal was the hospital, and there were people PvPing on the roof. I line up and hit the sniper dead on, but he and his 2 buddies DC before I can kill them. My team raids the hospital while I keep tabs. They log back in and I pop 2 out of 3 of them, they DC AGAIN (I had never used a DMR before, so no I didn't get headshots). On our way out we apparently found their bandit camp, and we looted it after filling their car with stuff and driving off. They came to the tents and followed the car. I lined up and nailed one, dead. The other came up and shot at me but was exhausted, I shot him down but not dead. The third DCed. The other 2 followed shortly, but at least I killed them.

About a half hour later, they come back onto our server loaded with M4A3 CCO SD for 2 and a DMR for the third. They shot their way from Elektro to Berenzino before setting up and killing everything that moves. We setup and rush in on them, bringing them down. From what we figured, they were ghosting onto another server to bandage up and move each try, then the last time they used one of their tents on they server to load up and come after us. On that time, my team was so busy screaming "OMG WHO SHOT?!" to notice I was trying to clear the comms, I died.

Needless to say, it's been pretty bad. For a number of reasons, I'm not meaning for this to sound as a complaint, but obviously the question was asked and answered.

I've never shot anyone. Every time I see someone they shoot me no matter what I do.

Met two other people tonight. The first was sitting still and looked like he'd just spawned in. We didn't know what to do with him and neither of our direct chats were set up yet. He started moving before we could tell him to stop so we had to kill him :(

Sorry, guy N of Stary

The other guy was at the NE airfield as we were coming out. Heard some AK fire (automatic, dunno why) and there was a flare out. We tried talking on Direct but I guess he didn't hear us, as he went S into the city and popped another flare. We went E and hit the coast and here I am.

I've never shot anyone. Every time I see someone they shoot me no matter what I do.

Same for me. Have yet to come across another player who was not shooting at me. Unwilling to give up my humanity, I don't know why. I have no issues killing in any other game.

Weird.

I once met 2 players in 2 different lives that asked if i was friendly, to which i promptly replied i was. Both times i had nicer gear than them and it just so happened that once they had a visual on me and i on them, they chose to shoot me about 5 sec later, presumably once they figured that i had more shinies than them.

The first guy shot me in the back, i got to return fire on the second guy and both of us died. I still don't get why the server would cuss me out as a beanbaby when i acted purely in self-defense.

I did spend about 2 weeks living at the NWA and had plenty of fun there.

Many good firefights, some more memorable than others.

I like the interactions at the hotspots a lot better because there is less guessing involved..you are pretty much guaranteed that everybody is there to shoot people.

Now i keep to myself and if i see people i may shadow them for a lengthy time or i may go the other way, i may shoot them or i may not. Most times i feel its more rewarding to know you could have killed somebody than actually do it.

I find a surprisingly high amount of people who don't shoot me, and sometimes one who will start shooting... just bait those around the nearest corner and blow their damn head off. And of course a few who shot me in the back. But only when I seem to have nothing on me so I haven't raged,

But I try to get groups going with people I find. More fun that way imo.

Met a survivor in the pub the other day.

Me:Hey,Friendly? :D

Survivor: Yeap!

and then me and him proceed to the 2nd floor of the pub

Me:Hey you got some AKM Mags?

Survivor:Yea!,let me just drop him

I proceed to pick them up when i realize it was just makarov mags,i turn around ,boom, 5.56 to my head.

From then on,I never really trusted survivors anymore.

Pre-1.6 it was common to ask if friendly and basically my thing was "Don't bother me I won't bother you."

Since then, have been shot on sight every single time I have run into other players. I generally just avoid players if I spot them early enough, but in loot areas I kill on sight.

I've found out that the only times I don't kill people on sight are the times I die.

Ditto! :angel:

i used to be friendly , it worked only when the other guy have better gear, every time i tried with a makarov - enfield- winchester guy they shoot me when i turned back (once when i was giving him meat)

since then i tried to live long so i basically shot them if i see them closer than 200 m. i find it a lot easier, the 2nd day i was full geared with a m16 acog , nvg , gps etc.

i dont stalk people or hunt them but if they close in i assume they are coming for my gillie and i wont let them.

the best experience is using ts if you want a good team imo

The first two guys I saw when I started playing, we just ignored each other. That was when bandits still had skins, so there was no real PVP between survivors (as far as I know).

After that I died 3-4 times to bandits shooting me in the back, either in Elektro or in Cherno.

Right after that, I decided to try killing someone else myself. It was a decision I made when I saw a freshly spawned guy AFK on the beach. I know, it's cheap, but I wanted to know the consequences, and a spawn kill yields less impacts. I asked "FRIENDLY?" in the chat a couple of times, then took the shot with my Makarov... Apparently another survivor heard the shot, cause he came to inspect the body. I killed him too ;). I immediately turned bandit and stayed that way until the bandit skin removal.

I haven't killed any survivor since then, unless I felt threatened. I don't even ask if they are friendly or not, I just avoid them.

Last time, with 2 other guys I roll with, we saw a group of 3 players that had not seen us. We could have taken them out easily. Plus it was at NW AF. As we wanted to loot the place too, we had to do something. Instead of murdering them with a grenade, we simply asked if they were friendly. They answered positively, let us check the fire station to share the loot, and then we left.

I felt good about myself... I was also 300 m away with my DMR, making sure they held their part of the bargain ;).

I've had good and bad experiences, but the good ones are more memorable. I don't shoot on site so most people I meet just run by without seeing me. On the coast it's about 50/50, some shoot at you, some hang out with you for a while, but it doesn't matter because you don't have anything.

1. Walked into a shed and there's an AFK dude there. I point my enfield at him and proceed to pick up some soda. 15 seconds in, dude moves a bit. I close the gear window and he looks at me pointing a pistol. My thought is, he sees me holding a rifle on him without firing so he knows I'm friendly. 5 seconds later he proceeds to shoot me 3 times. I shoot him once and he's dead. I bandage up and move along.

2. Met up with someone and moved through some towns on the coast together, until someone else shot me.

3. Running through the woods I find an Alice pack, and hey, there's a guy under it. And another guy behind the tree. I don't know if they saw me coming, but I gave them a soda, they gave me a compass and walked me to the nearest dear stand where I picked up an AK74. Then we went our separate ways.

4. Creeping through a town with a Winchester when a guy comes running around the corner with a Macarov. We're face to face. After 3 seconds I haven't fired, and he must know that shooting me with the Macarov will likely be his end. Apparently not, he shoots me 2x and I kill him with 1, but this time I'm hurt. I stagger into the woods nearly blind looking for food for about 10 minutes until someone randomly shoots me.

I'm probably too trusting but it would be less interesting to just shoot everyone on sight.

I think it depends a lot on where you are as others have said. There are too many crazy encounters to list.. Yeah most of the time it's random people shooting at me out of the blue. Granted its kind of my own fault because I like to frequent those areas that tend to be the most unsafe.. Even after some of the worst deaths (like the time I had packed all my gear in my quad and was about to head off north when someone randomly stumbles into me and blows me away).. I still try not to kill if I can help it. I used to try to meet up with random friendlies but after a few betrayals my main strategy is to stay the hell away from everyone.

I'm probably too trusting but it would be less interesting to just shoot everyone on sight.

Way to go.

My experiences have been depressing, so far, I have met 4 people. they have:

1. met outside of a zombie infested town, he seemed alright, and we went through the town together before parting ways.

2.Walked into a office in a warehouse, a guy was lying on the ground with a gun, he shot me, and I lost 2 days worth of supplies.

3. I met a man at the docks, he helped me kill some zombies, and offered me food, upon accepting his offer, he proceeded to shoot me in the head several times. I later re-spawned near and killed him

4.I was in a small town at night, I saw a figure lying prone, I saw it move around, and figured it was a player, I moved to cover, and began writing a "friendly?", half-way through, however, he ran around the corner, and turned me into very meaty Swiss cheese.

5. It was night, and I was out of ammo and being chased by a pack of zombies in the dark, I saw a flare, and ran towards it, they had heard my gunshots, and gotten into cover, I ran around the flares light, hoping they would help, as I slowly bled to death, after 5 minutes of this, it ended when a faster zombie got a hit in and broke one of my legs, the others soon swarmed and mauled me.

After this, I have began a KoS routine.

Protip: If you want a safer experience working with a team of players, join a clan and use their teamspeak. At the current state of play, bumping into people randomly and asking "friendly?" is taking a huge gamble. You're just rolling a dice, so you can't justifiably get angry if the response to your query is a bullet.

Personally I found that playing as part of a clan didn't work for me, they were too worried about their hoarded loot and less worried about putting it to use, so now I just play with one or two friends in a skype call.

I say all this because my experiences with other players are similar to many of yours; typically, you spot each other, pause, you get to thinking "well he hasn't shot me yet..." and then he does, because you hesitated.

After about two days of this rigmarole I stopped hesitating, now the only time I pause is to make sure I have a nice clear shot and I will shoot you whether you're packing a makarov or a CCO just to make sure you don't get the opportunity to shoot me. Although I do make it a point to loot every person I kill, because it'd be a shame to waste ammo.

Personally I found that playing as part of a clan didn't work for me' date=' they were too worried about their hoarded loot and less worried about putting it to use, so now I just play with one or two friends in a skype call.

[/quote']

Even then, it gets annoying when they start talking about stuff while you're in an engagement...I have lived longer working alone than I EVER have in a group where the immediate response to a bullet is 6+ people going "OMG WHO SHOT?!" followed by everybody talking for 5 minutes on end while half the team is dead and everyone's trying to loot IN COMBAT.

Unless they're part of my group of friends who play this game, I shoot on sight.

I did the whole good guy thing - screw that.

Since the 1.7 patch I've had dozens of encounters with other players and only 1 ended up with me and the other guy teaming up for a while. Every other encounter turned into a shootout before we even got within comm range. Before the 1.7 patch I'd say it was about 50/50. May just be my bad luck but I've pretty much adopted a KOS attitude now and a lone wolf playstyle because of it. Before I always gave people the benefit of the doubt when encountering strangers. Now it's shoot or be shot.