Sign in to follow this  
DaynNightGaming

Poison Darts

It is no question that banditry is way too common in Day Z at the moment. And I think a lot of people that shoot on sight don't do it because they want to be douche bags (Even though that is common too), but I think it's because people want to be safe, instead of risking ones life they just shoot the guy and BAM, problem solved and free gear acquired in the process. (All while not even giving the guy that their shooting a chance to tell them that they are friendly or that they surrender.)

So I just came up with a cool idea that could potentially solve this problem. Yeah, as the title says, poison darts.

I mean it's a type of ammunition that you can shoot on players, and if it hits them they will feel the "shock" effect but not take any (Or at least not fatal) damage, but instead they will start to experience the same effects as if they are low on blood and eventually pass out and fall unconscious for maybe 1-3 minutes. (Unable to log out)

The shooter would then be able to get to their body and disarm them and then give them an epi-pen to wake them up if they wanna initiate a conversation, all safe for the shooter who don't wanna to kill the person.

This would also mean that you would be able to easily rob or even kidnap someone. (Although not rape of course..) all while not losing any humanity.

Edit: To counter the case of someone using it for griefing by repeatedly shooting a player over and over again without them being able to do anything there could be a mechanic that would cause the player getting shot by the darts to get too much poison into their system and potentially causing an overdose and killing the player.

(Note: it doesn't have to be poison darts, just something that would knock someone unconscious without hurting them.)

What do you think?

Edited by DaynNightGaming
  • Like 1

Could be used to grief ppl ( tranq someone every time he/she wakes up )

Well what if you become immune to it a certain time after having been affected by it? Or more realistically making it cause an overdose and killing the person already or recently affected by it?

Well what if you become immune to it a certain time after having been affected by it?

Then it would destroy the entire purpose of it.

Could be used to grief ppl ( tranq someone every time he/she wakes up )

It's not a new idea, but it is a good one. As long as people can only be knocked out 90 seconds MAX. Plenty time to do what you like, before everyone gets bored.

IF someone wants to hang around their unconscious victim, waiting for them to wake up, just so they can knock them out again. They are within their rights, though I can't see it catching on. It doesn't sound like it's all that entertaining to be honest.

If the darts were pretty rare it would discourage infinite trolling.

• Like 1

It doesn't sound like it's all that entertaining to be honest.

There are creatures roaming the wilderness that will sacrifice any notion of entertainment, as long as they bring someone else down with them.

Well what if you become immune to it a certain time after having been affected by it? Or more realistically making it cause an overdose and killing the person already or recently affected by it?

Then it would destroy the entire purpose of it.

Exactly...if anything it would kill you due to overdose. Even Vets are afraid they might have chosen the wrong dose to immobilize an animal because it's difficult to judge weight by size.

It's the whole stun gun idea again, I would love to see something like this in game, the fun you could have knocking out players and such then dragging their bodies around would be hilarious. Imagine being dumped in the middle of the NWAF at peak sniper time? or driven around and just dumped by the road side in the middle of nowhere without a map!!!

Nice idea!!

I would like the idea of being able to rob players by knocking out players without the hassle of a firefight and advertising the fact to all around me!

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25
  • Like 1

If in game VoIP was the preferred method of communication, then this would be a perfect tool for going "predator" on a bandit clan. Because VoIP, like every action, is locked when you're K.O'd.

Unfortunately with most players (including me) using 3rd party chat softwarez, every attempt at being sly, makes you the victim of what I like to call "Ghost Recon" (dead/unconscious players shouting your location to their team mates)

To expand on one of the ideas above. I would love to take a stunned player for a spin in a chopper, then eject them at an undetermined location (with a parachute obviously) before they wake up. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On the REDUX server they have implemented this idea by introducing CHLOROFORM.

If you find it you can sneak up on a person and essentially put them to sleep for approx 90 seconds.

Non lethal, super sneaky. I've got a bottle in a tent, yet to be used.

Muahaha ha ha. ha.

They are within their rights, though I can't see it catching on. It doesn't sound like it's all that entertaining to be honest.

If the darts were pretty rare it would discourage infinite trolling.

Trust me anything that can make other players angry will draw idiots in who will spend their entire evening doing nothing than that. And it doesn't matter how rare an item is, the system as it works ( or actually doesn't work because stuff spawning at a 0,05% rate is still too common ) is not capable of keeping items rare.

I think it's a great idea and the chloroform thing sounds like a good idea as well. These are the type of things I expect to see in the stand alone

I think it's a great idea and the chloroform thing sounds like a good idea as well. These are the type of things I expect to see in the stand alone

You can't sneak behind someone if 3rd person is on.

Poison Darts is a nice concept.

I believe that the player needs to mix chemicals in order to make these poison darts.

The player will be able to experiment and learn how much makes the dart lethal and how much makes it non lethal.

Different poison types could lead to different results, death, blacking out, paralysis, tremors, etc.

But this should not be something you find but something you have to make.

Tranquilising darts should come with the corresponding rifle. Darts should be rare though, and should be refillable. So they would work like crossbow bolts, in the manner that you can pick them up.

If implemented correctly, they could balance the pvp, as not all players wish to kill someone just for a couple of mags, map or anything... I am by no means against pvp, but i think tranquilisers can be an interesting substitute to killing!