Sign in to follow this  
shankly1985

Day-z Standalone Hackers?

Hello guys Have the devs said anything about how they going to stop hackers for the new version? I really would like to get Day-z but the fact its flawed with Hackers really puts me off. Am hoping they can really close this version down from Modding and hacking.

What you guys thing?

Four or five new threads about hacking every day and yet they still come with a brand new forum account and ask again...

Sigh...

Here goes...

The ARMA 2 engine and the game itself allow for client-side script injection. This makes most of the hacks currently plaguing the mod possible. Standalone can delete the code that allows most of these hacks outright, making them impossible. All examples of teleportation such as Thunderdome, mass killing and item spawning will be removed completely.

Examples of hacks that will probably still plague Standalone are ESP and aimbots. These are completely client-side and are difficult to police.

• Like 1

In this post on the development blog they state the following:

"When the world is as complex and changing as that which DayZ creates, it has created an environment where hacking and performance issues abound. This is not an issue with ArmA, this is an issue of the designer (me) making a design that far outreaches it’s foundations. It is a testament to the Real Virtuality engine that this is even possible. So, what we are doing right now is removing these operations completely from the clients and ensuring the server runs the world. DayZ does not require the complex array of player and AI interactions that ArmA does, so these are all gone. What we are left with is a very heavily optimized solution where the server “call’s the shots” so to speak."

Tl;dr - Completely removing the ability to script anything into the game unless it's done via the server (only the admins will have control of this - if at all). I imagine they will give the admins the ability to trace and ban people if any hacks do start to arise.

Also what Erizid said as they posted at the same time as me :)

Edited by JamesButlin

He has posted this thread 3 times (probably by accident).

Edited by Grey Warden

As long as there are games, people will find a way to cheat. The standalone, as a full game, should get way better anticheat support than the mod has though. It won't be a problem like it is now.

• Like 1

Sorry guys Forum went slow and I kept pressing post till it refreshed. It most off posted each one :(

• Like 1

Thanks nice post. Really looking forward to this game.

In this post on the development blog they state the following:

"When the world is as complex and changing as that which DayZ creates, it has created an environment where hacking and performance issues abound. This is not an issue with ArmA, this is an issue of the designer (me) making a design that far outreaches it’s foundations. It is a testament to the Real Virtuality engine that this is even possible. So, what we are doing right now is removing these operations completely from the clients and ensuring the server runs the world. DayZ does not require the complex array of player and AI interactions that ArmA does, so these are all gone. What we are left with is a very heavily optimized solution where the server “call’s the shots” so to speak."

Tl;dr - Completely removing the ability to script anything into the game unless it's done via the server (only the admins will have control of this - if at all). I imagine they will give the admins the ability to trace and ban people if any hacks do start to arise.

Also what Erizid said as they posted at the same time as me :)

Thanks nice post. Really looking forward to this game.

Me too mate, me too. Checking the forums and dev blog pretty much daily in anticipation, I reckon we'll have standalone alpha by the end of the month. Fingers crossed :D