ZORC

List of suggestions

So I just thought I would post a list of things I think should be added to DayZ. This list is broad and covers several aspects of DayZ which is why I'm making a new topic. Also remember these are just my opinion. Feedback, debates, more suggestions, and constructive criticism is welcome. Being a bigot is not.

So here it goes,

Food:

More food. Different foods give different amounts of blood.

I just think there should be more variety then beans and pasta. Not much for me to say here. Fell free to expand.

Survival

More things to hunt you then just zombies. There's not enough of a survival side to the game with just zombies and bandits. Go live in the woods and avoid both. My suggestions

Wild animals:Animals that may attack and hunt you, such as bears,wolves,cougars,etc. Each with their own amount of blood,damage,and aggro range.

NPCs:I know the original point of the game was that all people where in fact people. But the simple fact is that most people are either bandit or hero, black&white. With that so many people can't trust others that it becomes a moot point. My suggestions on what npc's could be implemented into the game.

Serial-Killers:NPC's that have only one goal. Kill. wehther it's zombies or people they just want to see rivers of blood. Armed with melee weapons and weak fire arms, Serial-Killers stalk the cities with their armnaments or wait inside buildings to attack any foolish enough to wander near. A few parameters for them is that they A:Will not attack unless provoked,or a player enters their LoS within 30-50m B:Will not persue players if they leave their "patrol one" such as the city, C:will react to damage and even give up the attack if outgunned.

(Easter egg of Michael Myers or Jason Voorhees perhaps?)

Medics-NPC's that wander the roads to help the injuried. These NPCs will help any player not in combat by bandageing players or administoring morphine or blood. These NPCs are rare and killable (3-4 per server) and cannot be looted. They will fight back if attacked with mid tier weapons.

Creatures: More so as just an easter egg for the game but creatures from the Chupacabra, bigfoot, Slenderman, ghost, wherewolves, vampires, the grim reaper, etc. would add a bit of horror and humor to the game and give players something new to do. Imagine if a wherewolf was on the server that would seem like any player/NPC at day then at night change to a wolf (or wolfman) and attack. This would also give players the ability to be Monster hunters. All ranging to being doomed if encountered to virtually harmless.

Military-Military NPC's that patrol in squads and attack zombies or players that attack them. They can also be in military vheicles and may offer assistance through rides,medical help, ammo, etc. They may also offer to pick up players for "evacuation" for a possible server event. They carry high tier weapons and only spawn during the day and very rarely

Survivors-NPC survivors that can be found in the wild or on roads traveling from city to city. Most times they just ignore players unless attacked in which case they fight back with any weapon, based of that weapon's spawn chance. They may be found in different situations such as, passed out on the side of the road, sitting injured possibly bleeding out, chased by zombies, turning infected, etc. All of which the player can help or hinder them for a humanity bonus (so that those who cannot find other players can still gain/lose humanity) and possible rewards ranging from food to mid tier guns.

Weapons:

More weapons in DayZ, mainly melee weapons. Rarity posted with weapon

Machete (common)-to be found in residential areas.

Chainsaw (uncommon)-found in residential areas, possibly needing gas to run. Sound attracts zombies as trade-off for power. *melee dinner bell*

Knives-(Very common) both melee and throw able versions found anywhere.

Brass knuckles-(rare) what more is there to say? found in residential zones

Clubs-from trench clubs to golf clubs. Bats,pipes, and canes too. where found and rarity depending on variant.

Sword-(rare) long reach blade for slicing. found anywhere, katana,broadsword,shortsword,longsword etc.

More guns would be cool but there are also so many. Just some I would like to see

P90-(Rare)

Striker-(very rare) *semi-auto shotgun with drum cylinder*

Bolt-action rifle-any variant of wooden bolt action hunting rifle.

AA12-(Ultra Rare)

AR-15-a semi auto,weaker variant from just an M4 on semi.

Sawed-off-a sawed off shotgun, possibly taking up the side-arm slot

Derringer-(common)

Flintlock pistol-(very rare) more as a gag then anything I still think it would be cool to see one in the game regardless of impracticality

USP-(rare)

P99-(rare)

Glock 18-(ultra rare) full auto variant

G36-(rare)

XM8-(ultra rare)

Compound bow-(common) damage/range based on time fire button is held

Grenade Launcher-(ultra rare) something like the Rocket Launcher. Powerful and rare but completely impractical.

Clothing:

More clothing options. There's what? five outfits? Perhaps some more varients and styles. I mean did everybody who survive the apocalypse have the same outfit?

Police uniform

Riot gear

Soldier's gear

Hazmat

leather jacket outfit

Tactical civilian gear

biker suit

plain civilian (lose tactical vest and gear etc. Keep backpack of course)

suit

So yeah just my ideas. Feel free to add or debate. Thanks.

Edited by ZORC
  • Like 1

First of all. Regarding NPC's. These will never be added to the game, nor should they ever be. They would just ruin the game. Plain and simple, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Regarding food: if anything, food should be more rare. This is a post-apocalyptic scenario. There shouldn't be a variety of food everywhere. You should be scrounging for food, just as much as guns. Animals: I semi like the idea of wild animals, but they could be somewhat buggy and annoying, but I like the idea. Creatures: NO. This is DayZ, a survival simulator. Not a jump scare game. All I have to say is, if werewolves or slenderman were added into this game, I would just stop playing. Weapons: I guess more weapons into the game would be nice, but lots of your weapons are completely impractical. This isn't left for dead, firing up a chainsaw would be a death sentence. Brass knuckles would do no damage to a zombie. Regarding military grade weapons: They need to turn the spawn rate of ALL military items down! I remember the game when finding an M24 was amazing. In a post-apocalyptic situation, there would not be high-grade military loot just laying around everywhere. Plus impractical guns are useless. The point of the game is to survive, not run around with something like a flintlock "because it's cool". I also feel lots of the other guns would be quite useless in DayZ.

Moving on to clothing: So far there is civilian clothes (bandit and hero included), ghillie suit, and camo clothing. I understand that some clothing types are being implemented into the standalone (i.e rain jackets, warm clothing, etc), But items such as Hazmat, police clothing, biker clothing, suit, etc, would be completely impractical and useless. DayZ is not a game to make your player look "cool", the point of clothing is to give you an edge (i.e. camouflage, dryness, warmth, etc)

I really think that you need to think a lot more about these things and the impacts they would have on the game before you recommend things like this. A lot of the things you want would be completely useless, others would ruin the game and what it is/what it has brought to the gaming community. And you have a few idea's that are decent/good.

• Like 2

Like I said. Simply a list of things that I thought would be cool in my opinion. Also in regards to food and such being rarer has little standing. It shouldn't be that they are rarer but that spawns shouldn't reset so often. Because if there was an apocalypse there would be a shit ton of food and loot in the beginning then diminish as people looted it. So it just off the bat being rare is also unrealistic but perhaps if loot spawns wouldn't respawn every five minutes. Maybe every few hours or possibly not till server restart. In regards to the clothing, it wasn't a matter of "Oh I want to look cool" They could have features to them such as Hazmat makes you less likely to get sick and resistance to the elements due to the sealed full body coverage. Riot Gear making you damage resistance at a cost of speed, same with soldier's gear. The biker and leather jacket's can give resistance to zombie/melee damage. Plus just to break up the monotony without having to be either villain or hero to get a different outfit.

As far as the weapons, yes I agree some high powered weapons spawn too often, doesn't mean different guns can't exist. Frequency of spawns and the number of guns are unrelated. Also just because it's a bad idea to use something like a chainsaw doesn't mean no one would. With your argument why are there guns at all. If we should only use weapons that won't attract zombies then let's remove everything but the suppressed MP5,M9, and the crossbow.

NPCs I can see your point, on the flip side it would allow players to encounter more then just bandits when playing. Because at this point in DayZ there's very little "Need help? Here I come!" It's just "Oh look a survivor. Kill him for gear" or "Oh a survivor better kill him before he kills me" Of course severe adjustments to spawn chance would need to be made.

As far as the creatures YES it is unrealistic and strange but what game doesn't have things in it as a joke? Easter eggs are something for fun to look for. Like I said I thought it would be cool doesn't mean everyone would.

This list was based on my opinion and play-style. You have yours I have mine. But just because you don't want it doesn't mean it's a good idea or that anyone else does.

I see where you're coming from in many departments, but still:

Food/Spawn Rate: In the beginning people would not just leave tonnes of food lying around. They would take as much as they can. Regarding spawn rates. I kind of get what you're saying, but if loot re spawned only on reset, or even every few hours, the game would be rediculiously slow, because the only loot you would find would be tin cans and whiskey bottles.

Clothing: I feel that different types of clothing with damage resistance, and stats like that would just flat out make DayZ almost like a class game. Plus, if you were in a real post apocalyptic situation, would you run around in full riot gear?

Weapons: I never said they shouldn't add weapons to the game. They SHOULD add them to the game. I just think any military grade weapons should be very rare. Regarding you chainsaw comment, I didn't say take loud guns out of the game. I just merely said that firing up a chainsaw in town would be the equivalent of popping a zombie with an M107 in Cherno.

Easter Eggs: In a way I get where you're coming from. I think that SUBTLE Easter Eggs could have a place in DayZ. Nothing like a Werewolf or Slenderman though.

NPCs: Compared to release, DayZ has had a significant increase in the amount of bandits. But that is what makes the game realistic, for the most part, a lot of people play this game like how they would act if the situation they were in was really happening in real life. But, there are many friendly player in DayZ, for example, people like FrankieOnPCin1080p. There are also tonnes of clans and organizations, like the on I am in The Trusted Medics of the Wasteland. There are also many different groups that are part of The Coalition and would love lend a helping hand, and would not shoot on sight.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I understand where you are coming from, somewhat. I am not trying to shoot down your ideas. If you would like them, great, cool, good for you. I am merely just trying to point out the pros the cons, to show you if they would actually have a place in DayZ, of if they would harm the game.

P.S. I don't see in any way how I said they should take guns right out of the game...

• Like 1

First of all. Regarding NPC's. These will never be added to the game, nor should they ever be. They would just ruin the game. Plain and simple, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Regarding food: if anything, food should be more rare. This is a post-apocalyptic scenario. There shouldn't be a variety of food everywhere. You should be scrounging for food, just as much as guns. Animals: I semi like the idea of wild animals, but they could be somewhat buggy and annoying, but I like the idea. Creatures: NO. This is DayZ, a survival simulator. Not a jump scare game. All I have to say is, if werewolves or slenderman were added into this game, I would just stop playing. Weapons: I guess more weapons into the game would be nice, but lots of your weapons are completely impractical. This isn't left for dead, firing up a chainsaw would be a death sentence. Brass knuckles would do no damage to a zombie. Regarding military grade weapons: They need to turn the spawn rate of ALL military items down! I remember the game when finding an M24 was amazing. In a post-apocalyptic situation, there would not be high-grade military loot just laying around everywhere. Plus impractical guns are useless. The point of the game is to survive, not run around with something like a flintlock "because it's cool". I also feel lots of the other guns would be quite useless in DayZ.

Moving on to clothing: So far there is civilian clothes (bandit and hero included), ghillie suit, and camo clothing. I understand that some clothing types are being implemented into the standalone (i.e rain jackets, warm clothing, etc), But items such as Hazmat, police clothing, biker clothing, suit, etc, would be completely impractical and useless. DayZ is not a game to make your player look "cool", the point of clothing is to give you an edge (i.e. camouflage, dryness, warmth, etc)

I really think that you need to think a lot more about these things and the impacts they would have on the game before you recommend things like this. A lot of the things you want would be completely useless, others would ruin the game and what it is/what it has brought to the gaming community. And you have a few idea's that are decent/good.

npcs may possibly be added when the standalone version comes out

I see where you're coming from in many departments, but still:

Food/Spawn Rate: In the beginning people would not just leave tonnes of food lying around. They would take as much as they can. Regarding spawn rates. I kind of get what you're saying, but if loot re spawned only on reset, or even every few hours, the game would be rediculiously slow, because the only loot you would find would be tin cans and whiskey bottles.

Clothing: I feel that different types of clothing with damage resistance, and stats like that would just flat out make DayZ almost like a class game. Plus, if you were in a real post apocalyptic situation, would you run around in full riot gear?

Weapons: I never said they shouldn't add weapons to the game. They SHOULD add them to the game. I just think any military grade weapons should be very rare. Regarding you chainsaw comment, I didn't say take loud guns out of the game. I just merely said that firing up a chainsaw in town would be the equivalent of popping a zombie with an M107 in Cherno.

Easter Eggs: In a way I get where you're coming from. I think that SUBTLE Easter Eggs could have a place in DayZ. Nothing like a Werewolf or Slenderman though.

NPCs: Compared to release, DayZ has had a significant increase in the amount of bandits. But that is what makes the game realistic, for the most part, a lot of people play this game like how they would act if the situation they were in was really happening in real life. But, there are many friendly player in DayZ, for example, people like FrankieOnPCin1080p. There are also tonnes of clans and organizations, like the on I am in The Trusted Medics of the Wasteland. There are also many different groups that are part of The Coalition and would love lend a helping hand, and would not shoot on sight.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I understand where you are coming from, somewhat. I am not trying to shoot down your ideas. If you would like them, great, cool, good for you. I am merely just trying to point out the pros the cons, to show you if they would actually have a place in DayZ, of if they would harm the game.

P.S. I don't see in any way how I said they should take guns right out of the game...

You know your right. I may have over reacted. I apologize. However I'm still sticking to my overall ideas except the bits about the mythological creatures, although I think Bigfoot would be a funny easter egg as an animal to kill and gut. Hand in answer to your question. Yes, I would run around in full riot gear.

By subtle easter eggs does anyone mean like on Namalsk with YO DAWG WE HEARD YO LIKE SNEAKY TUNNELS SO WE PUT A SNEAKY TUNNEL IN YO TUNNEL... Also the clothes should have bonuses Like Hazmat Suit Infection Chance reduced to Bites only Bikers suit Crashes dont cause Damage Police Officers Outfit weapons deal less damage Plain Civillian could have the bonus of being able to load and Unload Weapons faster or do things generally faster in exchange for only being able to carry a few mags 2 to 3 A Can of beans and a Water Bottle/Pepsi can. But all stuff has Cons like Police officers take more bullet damage but take less Melee Damage and Riot Suits take Less Damage but make TONS more noise and suffer Movement speed/Breathing penalties. Or the Hazmat suit suffers from Fixed Vision "Fish Eyeing" the Edges and completely remove 1cm or two of the left and right sides

don't know if they have already been added, but finding bullet proof jackets in police stations/army bases would be a good idea. Encourage accurate shooting (head shots). Being hit could still take health, just not as much, and could stun/ knock off feet. You wouldn't bleed either.