Coachwooten

Extreme lag/stutter with GTX 580?

Hello all,

I am getting fairly bad frame-rates while just running around, but after I engage a zombie, it gets really bad - sub-30 FPS, and the zombies have a tendency to teleport.

I have a GTX 580, Core i7 950, 16 gigs of RAM. Are there any known issues/fixes for something like this? The game looks great and I'd love to be able to play it.

Thank you!

Bump... Are there any other reports of this? The game looks absolutely amazing, and I would love to be able to play it.

Have you tried turnning off/on vsync?

You are kidding right?

Anyway I have.

GTX 680 2GB running at stock speeds.

i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz.

8GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Corsair TX650W

GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H-B3

Game runs like poop most of the time. In cherno with everything set to Low or Medium (using Arma 2 Free, textures set as high as they can go, i.e. low) and Antialiasing Normal. I get approx 40fps, when someone has lit a flare in the dark somewhere in town and I look towards it, especially if Im in a building, my framerate goes as low as 30.

And since this mod is broken in terms of view distance and "dynamic weather" (which is a pos fyi) you never really see farther than 800m at most, its never really clear weather, raining 70% of the times, and foggy 90% of the times.

Game runs really really bad, it shouldnt.

And recently when I turn HDR to normal and Im in Cherno I get weird texture glitches, my entire screen gets covered in grey/brown textures flickering in CERTAIN directions, however seems to be caused by the Sky combined with Certain ground textures. And no it is not my GPU, Ive read of others having similar issues with this mod.

The problem gets eliminated by turning HDR to Very High.

You are kidding right?

V-sync causes a lot of input lag problems in many, many games.

And you're right, the game shouldn't run that bad. It runs fine for me.

Another 580 user here, but I'm running a Phenom 2 @ 4ghz, have 8gb of ram, latest nvidia drivers and have tried just about everything to get the game running smoothly.

I can get it bearable, but I'm constantly seeing videos of people with PC's that cost half as much as mine running smooth WHILE RECORDING WITH FRAPS!

Tried running at both 1080p and 720, tried messing with graphics settings and nothing seems to clear it up.

Running W7 64 bit ultimate, btw.

Im running the game smoothly with increased 3d res on gtx 580. If you want i can upload my profile settings.

Couldnt get attatchment to work... pm if interested

580 user here.

Are you guys bad at computers?

All seriousness, this shouldn't be an issue but if this persists you need to do some serious checking.

1: Run ARMA on its own. Does the problem persist? If so reinstall dayz.

2: After after the reinstall does the problem persist? If so check for programs running in the background or a memory leak.

3: Nope nothing? Well now this gets odder, need more detials to sort this out, game settings nvidia controll pannel settings for card. Oh and check to see if mouse smoothing is on or not, if it isn't it can make the game look like it has low fps.

It runs fairly slow with my GTX480. I have v-sync on and I'm going to try turning off AA and v-sync to see if it gets any better

i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz.

8GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Corsair TX650W

GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H-B3

Most if not all your issues are caused by your power supply unit you are near the bare minimum requirements without overclocking your power supply unit is causing your issues you need at least a good named brand 850 watt psu or higher.

As for the other people having issues with your 480/580 gtx etc whats your full computer specs?

My game runs like a champ never below 60 fps most of the time 90+ fps with maxed out settings + fraps running.

My system

I7 920 @ 3.8

570 GTX

16 gigs ddr 3

SSD hd

750 watt psu.

i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz.

8GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Corsair TX650W

GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H-B3

Most if not all your issues are caused by your power supply unit you are near the bare minimum requirements without overclocking your power supply unit is causing your issues you need at least a good named brand 850 watt psu or higher.

As for the other people having issues with your 480/580 gtx etc whats your full computer specs?

My game runs like a champ never below 60 fps most of the time 90+ fps with maxed out settings + fraps running.

My system

I7 920 @ 3.8

570 GTX

16 gigs ddr 3

SSD hd

750 watt psu.

It isn't his power supply at all. 650W of power is plenty for any single card. Especially a 680, they run really low power even on max load. Plus he has an Intel CPU which run even less power than AMD.

I also have problems with only getting 8 FPS no matter what. So far no one has been able to help me. Sounds like everyone is having the same problem, the mod for some reason is just conflicting with our cards, maybe the drivers.

It isn't his power supply at all. 650W of power is plenty for any single card. Especially a 680' date=' they run really low power even on max load. Plus he has an Intel CPU which run even less power than AMD.

I also have problems with only getting 8 FPS no matter what. So far no one has been able to help me. Sounds like everyone is having the same problem, the mod for some reason is just conflicting with our cards, maybe the drivers.

[/quote']

Actually his psu doesn't have enough ampage according to the nvidia site.

http://www.corsair.com/tx650w.html

"Requirements

Minimum of a 600 Watt power supply.

(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 42 Amps.) " http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=015-P3-1580-AR&family=GeForce%20500%20Series%20Family&sw=

You also have to remember if a company is advertising a 650 watt power supply that's at peak power most power supplys can only dish out 70-80% efficiency for what they are rated for.

650 watt psu = around 520 watt true power.

I bet 70% of the people that are having issues with the 580/590/680/7970 etc is due to psu, people just upgrade there video card can forget about there psu.

Agreed Grimner, when I buy a psu I always go to the next level over that I think I will need. Not only does this mean I can add more harddrives and graphics cards later on if I wish, but it also means I don't have to worry about poer.

If the computer runs and doesn't turn off or have problems, it isn't the PSU. It doesn't affect performance.

If the computer runs and doesn't turn off or have problems' date=' it isn't the PSU. It doesn't affect performance.

[/quote']

This is like saying if your car starts and run fine it doesn't need oil.

580 user here.

Are you guys bad at computers?

Nope' date=' been doing hardware / IT since I was 4 :P

All seriousness, this shouldn't be an issue but if this persists you need to do some serious checking.

1: Run ARMA on its own. Does the problem persist? If so reinstall dayz.

2: After after the reinstall does the problem persist? If so check for programs running in the background or a memory leak.

3: Nope nothing? Well now this gets odder, need more detials to sort this out, game settings nvidia controll pannel settings for card. Oh and check to see if mouse smoothing is on or not, if it isn't it can make the game look like it has low fps.

ArmA in general hates my system. Tried just about all of the "tweaks" to improve FPS, but *shrug*

I've reinstalled ARMA, reinstalled the mod, my PC is running well in pretty much every other game and is well looked after (Havn't had a serious crash or BSOD in about a year), use CCleaner regularly, have turned off most un-needed services, tested all my hardware, tried different drivers, run game-booster, etc.

Mouse smoothing is off, v-sync is forced off in the c-panel, 8 frames rendered ahead, my scene complexity is only 100,000.

The only possibility I can think of is my motherboard, it's getting on in age and has a hacked bios to support AM3 chips so it's probably the biggest bottleneck in my system atm, but again, I don't have issues in -any- other game beyond ArmA 2 =\

If the computer runs and doesn't turn off or have problems' date=' it isn't the PSU. It doesn't affect performance.

[/quote']

This is like saying if your car starts and run fine it doesn't need oil.

No, it's not.

PSU doesn't affect framerates, worst case your PC just won't start, least case, you'll start crashing a bunch in heavy 3d applications.

As for framerates, it will be the same with a 650w or a 6500w

I am running a GTX 580, MSI Lightning to be precise. Overclocked slightly, works PERFECTLY in any game I have thrown at it. I have an ASUS Maximus IV Extreme B3 MB, Intel Core i7 2600k OC'ed to 4.6GHz, the game installed on an SATA III SSD and what not.. My PSU is from Corsair, AX850W. As RAM I use G.Skill RipJaws X, 1666Mhz, 2x4GB. I get around 30 fps in-game, around 10 fps in the second benchmark. The settings are set on very high (mostly).

I have forced V-sync off, edited the config files and done almost everything at my disposal.. Can't seem to get this game running on good FPS as it should.. I have a W7 Professional (64b)

Check temperatures, it fixed my problems. I bought new cooler and everything got fixed. @ Intel 2500k + gtx 560 ti

Ive played other games at max settings (Crysis, bf3 etc) with no problems with temperatures, but this game overheated my pc.. Cores got over 90 celcius. Download some app to check ur temp.

I have a GTX 580 and the game runs smooth for me. Of course I consider 30fps "Smooth" so I guess it all depends on how picky you are with your FPS count

I have a 560ti and a Q6600 overclocked to 3.0ghz and everything runs reasonably smooth. Arma 2 has always slowed down near big towns but if your getting low frame rates in the forest/fields something may be wrong.

check these out..

If using nvidia download latest drivers.

reset 3d setting to default and then change only maximum pre rendered frames to 1 or 2

go into arma 2 set these settings..

everything to normal

anti aliasing off (post process on normal does a form off AA already)

shadows high (normal shadows are poor)

vsync off

if you still have problems after that google arma 2 nvidia atoc

possibly a problem with that

enjoy

Everything mentioned so far, I've done at one point or another. The game just runs like shit for me and I can't find any reason why *shrug*.

It gets decent enough after a server restarts, so perhaps it's something to do with the servers. I've noticed on a few diff low-powered servers that I get about 15fps, but I hit atleast 30 in wilderness on big servers with good hardware after restarts.

Also, turning everything up or down seems to make little noticeable difference in framerate for me.

I changed from 1920x1080 down to 1280x720, messed with AA, etc and the game always seems to just be below running smooth regardless of the settings (feels like 25 - 30 fps).