Sign in to follow this  
MAD MEN

Helicopter Crash Sites

So I found a crash site, it was dark so I couldn't see well. I used my G17 tac light to kill as many zeds as I needed. When I approached the helicopter, I didn't have the option to loot it. I'm going to assume it was bugged, but I don't know if the loot is supposed to be scattered on the ground around it because I didn't see any. If anyone has more crash site experience than me please share.

So I found a crash site' date=' it was dark so I couldn't see well. I used my G17 tac light to kill as many zeds as I needed. When I approached the helicopter, I didn't have the option to loot it. I'm going to assume it was bugged, but I don't know if the loot is supposed to be scattered on the ground around it because I didn't see any. If anyone has more crash site experience than me please share.

[/quote']

Loot is on the ground outside the chopper.

Can be hard to see it due to grass.

damn wish I knew this before, I've found two and couldn't figure out where the damn loot was lol. When I see one as well it looks as if the chaingun on the side is firing because there is a muzzleflash graphic coming out of it, is it like that for everyone?

damn wish I knew this before' date=' I've found two and couldn't figure out where the damn loot was lol. When I see one as well it looks as if the chaingun on the side is firing because there is a muzzleflash graphic coming out of it, is it like that for everyone?

[/quote']

Every one i have come across has the same animation.

So I found a crash site' date=' it was dark so I couldn't see well. I used my G17 tac light to kill as many zeds as I needed. When I approached the helicopter, I didn't have the option to loot it. I'm going to assume it was bugged, but I don't know if the loot is supposed to be scattered on the ground around it because I didn't see any. If anyone has more crash site experience than me please share.

[/quote']

Loot is on the ground outside the chopper.

Can be hard to see it due to grass.

I have found probably 6 crash sites, and just before my 6th site found, I learned that loot was on the ground around it (not inside). I scoped it out from distance; took out the surrounding zeds from distance and only found one loot pile with a little bit of military ammo and such. I presume it must have been looted a bit earlier. I was just west of bereznino.

[/quote']

Keep in mind, if you're on a fairly populated server and you find a crash site, and fairly populated being 25-50 people, it's bound to have been looted, when the hackers struck, if they weren't killing, they were spawning mass helicopter spawns and military convoys, the helicopter crashes gave me a good look at what it looked like, sometimes the gear can be UNDER the helicopter just barely sticking out, so keep aware of that.

I've found 5 or 6 crash sites. None of them have ever had any lootable items. I heard there was a bug where any loot spawned with the crash site would despawn shortly after if not collected.

I've found 5 or 6 crash sites. None of them have ever had any lootable items. I heard there was a bug where any loot spawned with the crash site would despawn shortly after if not collected.

My clan has found an M107, FAL w/NV scope, MK 48 LMG, M24, two M14 Aimpoints, and several DMRs all at various crash sites. So loot does spawn.

There are two different types of heli crashes btw.

There are larger green helicopters, Blackhawks, that I ALWAYS find loot at, and there are smaller grey choppers, Venoms, I think, though they may just be Hueys, that have been more hit or miss for my clan.

The grey ones are the ones with the chaingun currently stuck forward in a firing animation. This is a glitch as I am pretty sure you are supposed to be able to mount that gun and use it mow down the zed horde that surrounds the chopper. At least I think I saw a vid where that happened.

Also, from our experience, the chopper crashes move around following server restarts.

I have no clue how many crashes ive checked but I would say ive only seen a dozen that have had loot, its gotten better and seems to work now.

Somethings Ive seen:

-Loot spawns in 360 degree circle from 0-1meter from the exterrior of the chopper

-Ive had loot almost always spawn right at the tail of the chopper sometimes hidden in or under it... very hard to target and would never know was there.

-Ive seen the loot disapear after spotting it and running to it only to see it vanish instantly

-It can be hard to spot... Ive lost sight of the spawns in floral and had to blindly try to mouse over the ground to find it.

-Always good loot.

-about 90% of the crashes I have see have been near Stary

i only found 2 helicopter crash sites yet.

on 1 there was nothing, but the second had a hospital cardbox with bloodpackets lying nearby, that was all, was a bit dissapointed to not find weapons or ammunition.