Sign in to follow this  
Petrollium

Turning off Side Chat Client Side

Hello!

Before you flame, this is a "new' one (I hope).

I love private hives. It's like having multiple toons...

I hate private hives due to side chat at the same time. Is there some ini file where I can edit out all elements of the DayZ UI? I'd take no sidechat+no icons over side chat AND icons. Its very obnoxious to read what every kiddie is doing. Or how everyone LOVES to ask "Anyone in Cherno?" or "Sniper on elektro hospital, be careful." Really? REALLY? You're gonna give someone up like that? And if someone agrees theyre in cherno, they're just as bigga idiot as you!

Please, can I edit some file somewhere to do away with the chatbox at the very least? This has to be coded somewhere easy enough to turn off.

~Karben

If nobody is on voice comm, im rarely ever reading side chat or no its there if my mind is focused on what im doing. Somebody asked who was at research lab 3 times, he popped around the corner and we killed each other. I told him he should have announced himself, he said he did three times...

Its at the bottom of the screen, if your reading it too much your obviously pre occupied doing squat

I'm pretty sure there is no way to remove it client side.

I hate side chat because in order to use it, you have to read 100% of the chat that scrolls by all the time, or else you'll miss that one "Who ever is on the roof of the hospital, answer me or I'll shoot" message before your brains spatter all over the rooftop.

I spent a couple hours the other night joining every populated Namalsk server I could looking for one without sidechat. Out of about 20 I tried, I found 1. And, it started you off with a large coyote pack, compass, hatchet and a bunch of other crap.... lame.

Edited by bad_mojo

Side chat is good, expect to die more often if you remove it. It serves as a useful tool also, why not ask your players what they think? That way you'll get satisfaction by offering what players want!