Sign in to follow this  
Corac

hacked gun?

I just logged into a public hive for the first time in about a month. I proceeded to the apartments and then hospital. nothing of use found. I decide to head to the cherno ire house. I hear flies. I move up and on the second floor i see 2 dead people killed by each other. I pick up a full set of equipment and a M4A1 Holo SD. I dont remember seeing the holo SD. is this a hacked gun or legit. I dont want to use hacked gear. Also if that is hacked is it likley the rangefinder and nvg's are also? if they are ill drop them i guess. I dont want to use gear like that. Please help

Private hives can have anything from the original arma in them so... keep it. On the Private hive i play on i have a golden revolver that i found in the church.

ON NORMAL DAYZ IT IS A HACKED WEAPON THO

Thank you. It will be dropped the moment i log back in. Can i be banned or battleeye banned for picking it up? i didnt know t was hacked at the time

Nah your good to use it. I had one too..... right before I hit a tree in my tractor that had a bad fuel tank.... Boom went me and bye bye went my gear....

If your ever in doubt check here - http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Weapons Good for comparisons if you are thinking of dropping for another weapon.

No, you can not be banned, even if you keep it and use it...

Server Admins can kick/ ban you for having a hacked gun.

No, you can not be banned, even if you keep it and use it...

BI won't ban you, but server admins will. It has become one of the few ways of finding exploiters/scripters in logs. Private hives can look normal, like "US 145 blah blah". If you are 100% you're on a public hive, drop it.

M4A1 CCO SD is legit. CCO is a red dot sight.

M4A1 Holo SD is not. Holo is an Eotech sight.

Are you sure it isn't a CCO?...

You may or may not be getting confused. Otherwise you are fine to use they gun. BattlEye has not been changed in order to help DayZ out, so picking up a gun in the game will not get you banned -_- I figured common sense would have answered that question for you. BattlEye only attempts to detect unverified/banned scripts. All it is, is a script detection. And a terrible one at that. A 4 year old with the knowledge of C++ could work out how to bypass it :P

Keep the gun. You'll eventually die and lose it anyway.

Edited by Rammfisch
  • Like 1

They are pretty easy to tell apart, the illegal silent version of the M4A1 Holo has an underslung 40mm grenade launcher.

I have a tent full of hacked guns even a PKM and scorpion and never used them just collect them from dead hackers I kill or I find dead along the way. I always find good stuff everywhere lol

They are pretty easy to tell apart, the illegal silent version of the M4A1 Holo has an underslung 40mm grenade launcher.

lolno.

There is a M4A1 Holo SD without the M203 underslung attachment.