Sign in to follow this  
trexeth

DayZ Standalone Inventory System

post-35713-0-62539900-1352031562_thumb.j

Click on the picture, to Enlarge it!

Here, in this topic, i want to encourage community, to make the Inventory System for DayZ standalone.

I will share my, explain basics, and after your suggestions, i will improve it.

Sorry for picture quality...

Let's Start

Aim of the inventory - to be fast and easy. That's what i wanted to do.

Slots:

1-Head slot. (What's on your head- helmet or baseball cap)

2-Shirt. (Decorative element, can be Different colour, or with some symbols, just to make your character good looking)

3-Cardigan, or Sweater. (It's not 'musthave', but if it is cold, i will sure you will want to wear it.)

4-Pants or Shirts. (Pants if cold, or shirts if it's warm. Customize your character looking as you want)

5-Boots. (Fur boots, or maybe some Nike sport shoes? - your choice)

6-Vest or a Jacket. (also not 'musthave' but if it is cold, you should wear it)

7- Gloves. (When it's snowing, better to have gloves on you.)

8-Neck. (Can be decorative element, or Put something like Binocular, or Nightvision there)

9 - Ammo slots. Only 4 ammo slots, Only Amuunition can be placed there.

10- Long Weapon - Automatic, Sniper Rifle, Crossboww, Bow or Shotgun. Something really heavy goes to slot number 10.

11- Short Guns - Pistols, Revolvers. Something small, that you can place on your belt.

12- Melee Weapon - Also something to place on your belt. (Machete, Knife, Axe, Baseball Bat)

13 - Huge Backpack slot. (Czech, or Alice pack for example) - From 9 to 16 slots

14- Small Backpack slot (Vest pouch) - From 2 to 8 slots.

15,16 - Slots for everything else (Food, Drinks, Wire Fencing kit, Maps, and So On!)

17 - Statistics slot.

18 - 3 Rapid access slots. Can be changed, by Drag & Drop.

At game start, 1 rapid access slot is Food, 2 is Water, 3 is Bandage. You can change by Drag & Drop, item from backpack there.

How Backpack Works.

When you open your inventory, in slots 15,16 there are shown your items in your pockets.

Then, if you click Huge Backpack (13), you wil open your backpack, and all items in backpack will be shown in screens 15 and 16.

Or if you open Small (14), slots 15,16 will also show now what's in your small Backpack.

In the top right corner - there is Character name.

And a little bit down - is how much time your character lived, shown in 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds.

Please, suggest your ideas, to this Backpack system.

As you see, it has Fast Backpack Access system, Drag & Drop System, and Rapid Access System.

Love you, and Chernarus,

Trexeth, and his Creativity,

Enjoy!

Edited by trexeth
  • Like 5

Nice that you liked it.

Actually i hope, some photoshop master will come here, to this thread, and make Inventory Design cool-looking.

instead of slots what about use volume system.

For example you have a backpack which can hold 100 cubic centimeters and you have a box of pain kills which is 10 cubic centimeters. This means i can have 10 boxes of pain kills in the back pack.

• Like 1

I like the idea, I like the idea of loads of lots of different shoes and gloves and stuff, I do actually love the way you have set it out :)

Rocket already said they're reworking the inventory system. Not much sense in suggesting anything until we see what they have come up with. Besides there are already a lot of suggestions about it anyway. If you bother to check the sticky in this section you could see one that's a lot more detailed and fleshed out that yours, even with some nice pictures.

• Like 1

Thank you very much.

Really cool that moderators work.

Can i somehaw give +1 to moderator?

Take my beans!

Actually my Inventory system is similiar with the thread given by moderator,

Thanks

• Like 1

It's some nice stuff, but doesn't fit DayZ.

It's too RPGish

post-35713-0-62539900-1352031562_thumb.j

Click on the picture, to Enlarge it!

Here, in this topic, i want to encourage community, to make the Inventory System for DayZ standalone.

I will share my, explain basics, and after your suggestions, i will improve it.

Sorry for picture quality...

Let's Start

Aim of the inventory - to be fast and easy. That's what i wanted to do.

Slots:

1-Head slot. (What's on your head- helmet or baseball cap)

2-Shirt. (Decorative element, can be Different colour, or with some symbols, just to make your character good looking)

3-Cardigan, or Sweater. (It's not 'musthave', but if it is cold, i will sure you will want to wear it.)

4-Pants or Shirts. (Pants if cold, or shirts if it's warm. Customize your character looking as you want)

5-Boots. (Fur boots, or maybe some Nike sport shoes? - your choice)

6-Vest or a Jacket. (also not 'musthave' but if it is cold, you should wear it)

7- Gloves. (When it's snowing, better to have gloves on you.)

8-Neck. (Can be decorative element, or Put something like Binocular, or Nightvision there)

9 - Ammo slots. Only 4 ammo slots, Only Amuunition can be placed there.

10- Long Weapon - Automatic, Sniper Rifle, Crossboww, Bow or Shotgun. Something really heavy goes to slot number 10.

11- Short Guns - Pistols, Revolvers. Something small, that you can place on your belt.

12- Melee Weapon - Also something to place on your belt. (Machete, Knife, Axe, Baseball Bat)

13 - Huge Backpack slot. (Czech, or Alice pack for example) - From 9 to 16 slots

14- Small Backpack slot (Vest pouch) - From 2 to 8 slots.

15,16 - Slots for everything else (Food, Drinks, Wire Fencing kit, Maps, and So On!)

17 - Statistics slot.

18 - 3 Rapid access slots. Can be changed, by Drag & Drop.

At game start, 1 rapid access slot is Food, 2 is Water, 3 is Bandage. You can change by Drag & Drop, item from backpack there.

How Backpack Works.

When you open your inventory, in slots 15,16 there are shown your items in your pockets.

Then, if you click Huge Backpack (13), you wil open your backpack, and all items in backpack will be shown in screens 15 and 16.

Or if you open Small (14), slots 15,16 will also show now what's in your small Backpack.

In the top right corner - there is Character name.

And a little bit down - is how much time your character lived, shown in 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds.

Please, suggest your ideas, to this Backpack system.

As you see, it has Fast Backpack Access system, Drag & Drop System, and Rapid Access System.

Love you, and Chernarus,

Trexeth, and his Creativity,

Enjoy!

Love the system, but I would need to be able to change the default textures and colors of it. Not that the texture/color is bad, it's just that it isn't really my style. Never really liked the whole "metal borders around a stone/wood textured background", although I do know a lot of people who love that. I would love for this to be the inventory system, but with a set of themes for the background and borders. My ideal color would be a green version of the current one, but that's just my preference

EDIT: The guy above kind of summed up what I was saying about the color scheme. It's a great system, but feels more like an RPG type game. The texture is really nice, though, just a bit unfitting.

Edited by intelligenttrees

I saw a post on the forum a while ago, and think the inventory would be better off like this:

Inv.jpg

It would be cool, and you should be able to move items around, and rotate them. Some items you should be able to stack, but others not, and stack sizes should be different. :D

• Like 1

Yeah, this inventory is awesome, i would dream about having this inventory in the game!

I like the idea that you can have like a Czech Vest Pouch and a Normal Backpack at the same time, would create use for the czech vest pouch.

Yeah, it's pretty natural

One on belt

Other on back.