mickzta

Why you kill unarmed players

I said no, because I didnt trust him and put a pistol in his bag.

I said keep running in that direction and if you turn around at any point ill shoot out your legs and leave you there. (much more effective than shooting to kill)

I said I gave him a pistol and food and water, so he has no reason to come back when he could get off to a good start with those items, at least he then has a chance to defend himself

Thats what I do when im near the coast. I will specifically keep an extra sidearm with 1-2 clips just so I can give it to an unarmed player if I stumble across one. Its only 4-5 slots.

I make sure to tell them not to turn towards me or I will shoot. They happily oblidge and run off into the distance.

The satisfaction I get from helping someone and knowing they truely appreciate it is far greater than shooting someone in thier back and ruining thier hard work!

Well, I aprreciate you. That's the kind of banditry I accept in my point of view: kill who deserves it, kill who you dont really trust.

This is a zombie apocalypse game, why the hell are there guys with the purpose to kill players for fun?

I don't see the logic: buy armA2 and armA2 OA to play DayZ (most of us), a zombie mod; Download it, install; Work hard to get a sniper; Climb up to a building; Kill players for fun.

Hey random player, if you do this, open your Arma2 (not OA), hit Multiplayer, and welcome, kill for fun!

And I repeat, the only kind of banditry I accept is the one you kill when you must, for survive, or if you dont trust the guy, or if he is your enemy, or anything like that. But if you are on the top of a building to kill others players, I dont respect you.

"The only kind of banditry... Kill when you must"

That's not banditry.

That's self defence.

• Like 2

There is no sport in killing an unarmed player.

There is sport in taking an unarmed player, helping him out and telling him to go on his way.

There is also sport in stalking and hunting a player that has equal or better gear than you.

• Like 2

The only people who kill unarmed players are those that cant pvp with those that are armed.

You can justify it as much as you like, but killing unarmed players is because you suck at the game and run like a little girl and alt f4 when someone has a 'big boy gun'

Ive seen it so many times, which also ruined a lot of my bandit hunting videos, I sneak up on them and first shot they have quit in less than a second and all they were doing is killing new spawns.

On panthera airfield I saw a guy with an L85 mow down a new spawn (there is a spawn point in the west airfield there)

I fired 1 shot with my L85 back at him, hit his back (was behind a tree, otherwise would have been a heatshot)

Alt f4ed straight away.

By the way it took a whole mag for him to kill the new spawn who was weaving like mad, but a lucky shot broke his legs

Point is, you kill a new spawn you are a coward.

All thats going to happen is they are going to spawn somewhere else, find a weapon and probably come back and kill you where as 50% of the time if they see you and you let them live they wont come back for you

On fallujah once a new spawn came up to me asking to tag along. I had an M4 cco and coyote backpack (the good one)

I said no, because I didnt trust him and put a pistol in his bag.

I said keep running in that direction and if you turn around at any point ill shoot out your legs and leave you there. (much more effective than shooting to kill)

I said I gave him a pistol and food and water, so he has no reason to come back when he could get off to a good start with those items, at least he then has a chance to defend himself

So your calling me a coward because I kill both armed and unarmed players?

It gives bandits a bad name. Killing a fresh spawn isn't banditry, its simply being a dick.

As stated in other posts, to be a true bandit you need to head to a more populated and dangerous destination. That's why I love nwaf.

Whenever I walk around with nothing on me, and I suddenly hear a bullet whiz by, I am always happy to inform my attacker that all he is doing is wasting his ammo and revealing his position to other players. They don't listen, but either way, it's a good thing to do just to piss them off, because they know that they are wasting ammo.

• Like 1

Whenever I walk around with nothing on me, and I suddenly hear a bullet whiz by, I am always happy to inform my attacker that all he is doing is wasting his ammo and revealing his position to other players. They don't listen, but either way, it's a good thing to do just to piss them off, because they know that they are wasting ammo.

Same, I tried a private hive the other day and ran into elektro to grab a weapon.

A guy with a winchester starts firing at me and keeps missing, I tell him hes just giving himself away to other players that might actually be a threat. I lose him after about 10 shots that miss.

Still no weapon I run into him later and this time he has a friend with a hachet, they chase me around elektro for about 2-3 mins before the winchester guy gets his first hit on me.

And finnally the second hit (about 40 rounds in total missed) breaks my legs. Im laughing as his hachet friend kills me.

I come back to elektro for revenge to find them both dead exactly where I died in the street.

Stupid moron gave away his position and paid for it

YES

PS: Also killed a new spawn killer last night, bandit skin with a winchester on the fire station in new skooma on panthera.

My DMR solved that problem and what do you know? About 30 seconds after he died the building im in and the rest of the city blows up.

Guess he was a hacker and raged at me getting a legit kill on him

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

I'm going to chime in and also call you a coward,, There is no excuse for killing someone who is not a threat to you unless you totally suck at the game and it's the only way to make you feel good and get a kill.

• Like 1

A fellow defender of the north, I see.

Welcome brother.

East coast camping ftw!

Nah, NWAF sniping is the only sniping that is worth it, SVD and ghille on the NW got me about 80+ kills

I tend to KOS if im up northways, and if im gonna try kill in the coastal towns, I use a hatchet to make it a bit more challenging. if I manage to get you with just a hatchet, you deserve to die...

Sigh.....met some really BADASS bambi killers today.

They were so good at the game, me and some others joined a private chenarus hive. I spawn in solnichny and a squadmate says a car stopped near him. Two guys get out and kill him as he is a new spawn.

Oh well, nothing to worry about.

I spend the next hour hunting them as every new spawn is reporting two bandits driving up and down the coast avoiding major cities and just ONLY killing new spawns.

Fine they want a fight, I finnally spot them near elektro and charge out of the woods screaming with my hachet. They were going slow over a railway track and I run at them, they straight away hit the gas and speed away.

A few minutes later at least 10 M107 rounds hit within 50m of me when I realise its the same guys, but they havent zeroed their gun at all, the bullets are missing me by so much its laughable.

Theres even a guy looting in the fire station and he doesnt realise hes being shot at as the bullets are missing so much. After a good 20 shots at him he finnaly gets hit after they spam m107 rounds at him. Lucky shot.

I run up the hill with my hachet but they are gone.

SERIOUSLY, you have guns and I have a hachet and you run like fucking little girls, what is wrong with these bandits, they are so stupid and cant hit anything. I really wanted to kill them, but couldnt catch them

A guy wit han M107 driving away from a guy with a hachet is ridiculous

• Like 4

Get killed while unarmed a lot, once even by a hero. I was in Elektro decided to go into the fire station, saw a guy with a hero skin run in, look at unarmed me for a good 5 seconds (enough time to see I was unarmed) and proceed to shoot me in the head. Another time I was running through a treeline east of Balota, when I glance behind me and see a guy with a double barrel chasing me. I turn around for shits and giggles and run towards he fires a shot at me and misses then his head explodes with AK shots. I run off and all I hear is someone shooting full auto non stop at me, the guy had to go through 3 clips before finally breaking my legs. He then walked up to me and shot me once in the head. I mean, I was on a server with 50+ people, so shooting an AK full auto near Balota at an unarmed player, you're just begging to get killed by someone near by. I don't get angry, I have nothing to lose anyway, but I still don't get it.

Edited by apostasy

I generally kill unarmed players if I am bored.

if I see an Unarmed player running from zombies I would hopefully kneecap him so he gets eaten, but I generally miss and hit their bodies. Or if I was in a desperate need of a bandage or pain killers.

People should really stop going into the two major cities to gear up. That alone will solve 90% of your banditry problems.

Not quite so true, every time I die I'm out scavenging helicopter crashes or making my way to some remote mountain..

Personally, i gear up the best by going into those two main cities. My advice to you is just dont suck at the game and youll do fine. the cities are highly populated, meaning there is a lot of people to kill. If you dont have a weapon then find one! i took out around 8 people in an hour in Elektro (all of them were armed), and then went north with a good gear set for the trip. I do this often, and those snipers on the hills? dont let them have a shot on you, they will eventually get frustrated and either come in after you, or draw attention to themselves for taking shots they cant make.

• Like 1

I'm going to chime in and also call you a coward,, There is no excuse for killing someone who is not a threat to you unless you totally suck at the game and it's the only way to make you feel good and get a kill.

You are wrong, and this is why.

Scenario 1 (happened yesterday) = 2 Heroes and a survivor in the supermarket in Elektro. I just spawned about 10 minutes ago on the outskirts of town. I find a M1014 in the western firehouse and head for the market. As I am approaching the outside wall i hear direct chat conversation. These two guys were helping the survivor get some gear. What did i do? these guys were claiming to be "saviors" "heroes" and what not. So of course I circle the side with the windows, peak the corner, and put slug rounds into all 3 of their heads.

These guys were friendly, armed to the teeth, and not a threat to me. Was it a coward thing to do for killing all of them? NO. A coward would have been too afraid to even try and kill them all. Instead I killed them and got everything i needed and more from their bodies. perfect to start heading north with. Mind you, this took place in the course of 15 minutes.

Now does it sound like i just killed them because "I suck at the game and it's the only way for me to feel good about myself?" Does this fall in the lines of you saying there is no excuse for killing a player who isnt a threat? You have no idea how to play this game obviously. Your argument sounds like someone who gets killed to often for standing there screaming "Friendly" in your mic.

• Like 2

Scenario 1 (happened yesterday) = 2 Heroes and a survivor in the supermarket in Elektro. I just spawned about 10 minutes ago on the outskirts of town. I find a M1014 in the western firehouse and head for the market. As I am approaching the outside wall i hear direct chat conversation. These two guys were helping the survivor get some gear. What did i do? these guys were claiming to be "saviors" "heroes" and what not. So of course I circle the side with the windows, peak the corner, and put slug rounds into all 3 of their heads.

These guys were friendly, armed to the teeth, and not a threat to me. Was it a coward thing to do for killing all of them? NO. A coward would have been too afraid to even try and kill them all. Instead I killed them and got everything i needed and more from their bodies. perfect to start heading north with. Mind you, this took place in the course of 15 minutes.

Now does it sound like i just killed them because "I suck at the game and it's the only way for me to feel good about myself?" Does this fall in the lines of you saying there is no excuse for killing a player who isnt a threat? You have no idea how to play this game obviously. Your argument sounds like someone who gets killed to often for standing there screaming "Friendly" in your mic.

They were armed, friendly or not, these guys were a potential threat, especially since they could easily return fire.

There is a big difference between killing armed 'friendly' players (Mainly because there is no way to know for certain that they are friendly) and new spawned players with no weapons/items.

Killing someone that is armed is understandable for a few reasons:

• They could have gear that you want
  • No way to ensure that they won't kill you
  • You may need to scout the area and there is no way to ensure they won't return
  • They are going to be in a position which, if they decide to be nasty, will negatively impact you.

This is in no way like killing a newly spawned player.

You have nothing to gain from a newly spawned player, they are no threat to you whatsoever, especially if you keep a small distance, if you kill them just 'because' you aren't a bandit, you are either a coward or just being a dick but with the excuse 'No, no I'm a bandit! That's what bandits do!'

There is a big difference between being a bandit and having a bandit skin - killing unarmed bambis on the beach does not make you a bandit, it makes you a pussy.

• Like 3

Thats nice you took the time to write out the above paragraph in an attempt to counter my point, but it has no relation to what I was saying. Those 3 guys were obviously a potential threat, so there is no point in trying to find an obscure unrelated situation to justify killing unarmed players in general.

It's pretty obvious if the unarmed player is near easily obtainable weapons, or can screw with you in some way, or really has an item you desperately need/want then it's a different story. Anything else is pure cowardice.

Thats nice you took the time to write out the above paragraph in an attempt to counter my point, but it has no relation to what I was saying. Those 3 guys were obviously a potential threat, so there is no point in trying to find an obscure unrelated situation to justify killing unarmed players in general.

It's pretty obvious if the unarmed player is near easily obtainable weapons, or can screw with you in some way, or really has an item you desperately need/want then it's a different story. Anything else is pure cowardice.

the argument I made has no regard to unarmed players whatsoever. It is in regard to calling that man a coward for killing armed and unarmed players who arent a threat. how can someone who is armed not pose a threat?

• Like 1

Also, if you would like to look at it in another light, consider me in the story I had mentioned above. I was a fresh spawn. now being that there were weapons extremely close to where i spawned, can one not already consider me a threat? If someone were to have killed me before i grabbed that M1014, 3 people would have lived a little longer. Is it too cynical to consider a newspawn a potential threat for the fact that it isnt hard to find a weapon, especially if that newspawn was in a major city?

if someone would have killed me, i would have more than likely respawned farther away than i had before, deeming their area safer for the time being.

*NOTE: I am not one to kill fresh spawns, I just want to have an actual discussion over different possibilities*

I too generaly don't kill fresh spawns unless they don't listen when i tell them too back up and keep away from me. I don't trust anyone any sudden moves and BAM bandage and painkillers thankyou i will on the other hand do onto others what they have done too me if you kill me for a thrill i will try and return the favor fresh spawn or not "The old broken leg in the middle of nowhere trick" Also snipers love hunting snipers that will test you if they are any good

Im gonna chip in again, yes if they are near weapons they are a threat, but are you going to sit around and wait for them to pick up a gun?

Just get the hell out of there, so many many times people have fired at me and seconds later a sniper kills them and then me, because they gave away their position.

Im not saying anyone here is in the majourity of stupid players, but 80% of players are stupid that they fire:

1. Without even looking around for other players. Meaning if their target is in a group they are easily counter killed.

2. Stand in the open on the spot firing, which usually results in zeds and other players spotting them quickly.

They might be in cover, shooting new spawns but why bother? Once all the duping and hacking is removed (hopefully) from the stand alone, perhaps these players will value their ammo and weapons more.

Spending days or even weeks looking for a legitimatly spawned AS50 and ammo only to head to the coast, fire at the first bambi you see, give away that theres a sniper around now means eveyone in the area is thinking:

"I WANT THAT GUN"

So other snipers are now looking around, with an L85 or an ordinary scoped weapon they might spot you, kill you and then all that effort is gone away.

At the moment you can just head back to you camp with 125 duped AS50s, but if players continue like this in standalone, these noob wannabes who shoot bambis and give away their location will just get killed over and over.

You know, ive killed a whole load of bandit skins today based on the fact they shot at players (some unarmed) and gave their position away.

Those that killed an unarmed player did so for nothing.....at the cost of their life, some of these so called bandits had pretty good gear as well.

More bandit kills for me then, its been 6 days where ive been camping and ive lost count of the noobs that have gunned down unarmed players and paid for it with a dmr round from my rifle and still they come right back and camp again...will they never learn>

Any player is a potential threat, an unarmed player is just an armed player waiting to happen.

I'm not going to leave that at my back.

That is all.

Edit: I'll give an example: the last unarmed player I killed was working his way though an industrial building, bottom up, and was clearly unarmed. I had an axe, I knew there was another axe in the top floor of his building, so rather than abandon the area I took him out. it was either that or let him take the axe and put myself in a much more risky position.

Edited by Continuity

That doesnt excuse the snipers that shoot unarmed players

"OH NO UNARMED BAMBI, GONNA SHOOT HIM HE MIGHT FIND A MACROV AND HIT ME AT 1000m!"

Thats just being an idiot and a wuss, so many bandit snipers have fallen to my dmr because they shot an unarmed player and now I know theres another sniper around, soon enough ill spot them and take them out.

If they had let the bambi live, they would keep their gear and may actually get the drop on me as I would never have known they were there.

Thats what ill never understand, if you have good gear, why fire at someone that could never harm you and you let everyone else around know your there

Players that are good at this game dont kill people that are unarmed, they protect their gear and know its not worth it. All the people that moan on here are most likely the ones that have shot an unarmed player and wonder why seconds later they get sniped, because you just told everyone in the area theres someone nearby and what weapon they have!

To be honest, im getting tired of killing bandits that have no skill (the ones that unload a load of pistol rounds into my hero skin and cry hacker are the only few that amuse me anymore)