Sign in to follow this  
st3p (DayZ)

Another guy with fps-problems :(

Hey there :b

My Laptop's (Samsung RV 520) specs first:

Windows 7 64-bit

Intel i5 2410m @ 2.30GHz (2.90 with turboboost)

6GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GT 520M

Well, the problem is pretty easy to explain.. I already tried out every solution I've found so far to get better fps in DayZ, such as using RamDisk, messing around with the configs, trying out every possible graphic setting ingame and I still have the lag problems.

I know that my laptop isn't the best, but I guess it should be capable of handling it, since Arma runs quite good as well.

My FPS are always going up and down, up to around 35 and then dropping down to like 11. This happens even if I don't move, which is kinda strange; in cities it's slightly worse.

I hope that maybe someone can help me, I'd appreciate any kind of help, except people telling me to buy a new computer.. ;p

Thanks in advance!

Hm, my laptops specs are worse than yours, yet I only get a bit of fps drop when in the woods. It is more than likely that 2.30 GHz processor you got goin on there, is it a dual core? Other than that, no reason why it shouldn't run if you play on low settings

Arma 3 and DayZ have huge optimization issues. I get more 50 FPS on BF3 but only 25 on DayZ/Arma 2.

Its just something you have to deal with. Hopefully they fill fix it in the standalone.

Hm, my laptops specs are worse than yours, yet I only get a bit of fps drop when in the woods. It is more than likely that 2.30 GHz processor you got goin on there, is it a dual core? Other than that, no reason why it shouldn't run if you play on low settings

It's a dual core :b

Did you use any special tips to improve your fps or did it just run smooth straight from the start?

Arma 3 and DayZ have huge optimization issues. I get more 50 FPS on BF3 but only 25 on DayZ/Arma 2.

Its just something you have to deal with. Hopefully they fill fix it in the standalone.

I guess that's the thing I have to do, I'll have to wait for the standalone.. hopefully they'll improve the whole thing, I'd already be satisfied with like 35 frames if they don't drop down all the time :D

But does anyone have any more tips that might help? I feel like I totally wasted money on Arma since I only bought it for DayZ :P