Sign in to follow this  
Rising (DayZ)

Why not just make the zombies more hardcore?

I hate to use that term, but I want DayZ to be more hardcore. I was given a guest pass from a friend and tried that 'other' game.... it's also turned into a PvP deathmatch, so why not just make the zombies to be more of a threat? Right now the game has very little challenge other than bad lag, when the Z's start teleporting around then yeah, but otherwise, its not a horror/survival game at all. Unless you count trying to survive against other players. And since The Walking Dead series has started again, which im sure you all love watching, why not make the zombies more like those ones? Bandits getting you down? Wait until their gunshots attract a horde, and run them into the woods. Or when other players are trying to gank you like CoD, they get grabbed by a zombie and biten. Zombies should be a HUGE threat when they are up close to you, and especially in numbers. Not just that one swing attack that takes off a bit of HP and has 30% chance of inflicting bleeding. That's nonsense. Zombies should always, always be the main threat. Until the zombies in the game are magnified in difficulty, DayZ will always be just a walking simulator...

I think they should make zombies have a 10% chance of infecting you. Once infected, your health will slowly drain and you will die. You then reanimate in the same spot you died. Now you must wander around as a zed. The only way to get a respawn and become human again is to be killed by another survivor.

This would make zombies even more "hardcore", if you ask me. Not knowing if that zombie is another player or not would increase the fear. Also, forget about being able to lay down under a tree and lose your zombie train. Plus it would be fun to troll players, as a zombie.

You can also infect survivors/bandits, effectively adding another frightening pvp element to DayZ.

Edited by A_Typical_Noob

I think they should make zombies have a 10% chance of infecting you. Once infected, your health will slowly drain and you will die. You then reanimate in the same spot you died. Now you must wander around as a zed. The only way to get a respawn and become human again is to be killed by another survivor.

This would make zombies even more "hardcore", if you ask me. Not knowing if that zombie is another player or not would increase the fear. Also, forget about being able to lay down under a tree and lose your zombie train. Plus it would be fun to troll players, as a zombie.

You can also infect survivors/bandits, effectively adding another frightening pvp element to DayZ.

Posted the idea before in more detail, but you will not wander that'd be stupid and time consuming. You respawn, but a zombie with your gear will wander aimlessly losing gear every so often. (Wrote down how gear dropping worked, but don't want to re-write all of it).

how i think zombies should be in zombie games

-kills only count if headshots

-if you shoot the arms they are unable to effectively attack

-if you shoot the legs you cripple them

Nuff said