Sign in to follow this  
hpmon

DMR or AS50?

So after picking up my first AS50 in an ATV I was pretty happy with the gun. It killed all the bandits I shot in one hit and although the ammo is kinda hard to find, I never seem to run out as you don't need a lot of ammo. I find the ammo, despite its rarity, before I run out which is handy. However after watching countless hours of FrankieonPCin1080p (his videos are VERY entertaining and helpful, I advise you watch them) iv noticed that he drops AS50's for DMR's which made we wonder, is the 2 hit kill with the DMR and its ability to use it in combination with night vision goggles and its more common ammo worth it instead of my AS50?

I do understand that the AS50 is a rare gun but the DMR seems worth it to me as I do snipe at night and also carry an L85 AWS. Iv only recently started to snipe around Cherno and Elektro to try and help the bambis by killing the snipers. Should I run the AS50 L85 setup or DMR L85?

Post your thoughts here, thanks! =)

Edited by hpmon

is the 2 hit kill with the DMR and its ability to use it in combination with night vision goggles and its more common ammo worth it instead of my AS50?

Imho, absolutely. Night is half of the game, and for this reason alone the DMR outshines all the rest. Carry it with an M14 and you can share the abundance of DMR mag ammo between both weapons.

• Like 3

I think the DMR got a bit of a boost considering the new anti-combat logging features.

Yeah the DMR is the best for me. Its a multirole weapon so if someone does get too close your DMR would still be in its comfort zone whereas the as50 would be as good as an inaccurate, loud, big shotgun. :P And im pretty sure that the DMR has better zoom.

Don't get both. Get the M107, the sound induces fear over those in range of 1km. Therefor, zombies won't come after you.

idk i have an AS50 but... idk ur call but the dmr is better for night (i havnt seen one yet)

AS50 is the best gun available yes it can't be used at night but that's why it's restricted cause it's just that amazing. Just keep an AS50 for day and carry a second sniper rifle in your bag for night

I usually choose the DMR over the AS50 purely for close encounters. At close-mid range the AS50 just feels really sluggish and severely outmatched by a FN-FAL. The DMR seems to be a good middle ground, and you're not caught with your pants down if someone gets the jump on you.

I've killed numerous people that were using assault rifles and I was using the DMR, but I can't remember one time I've taken out someone at close range with the AS50.

Night vision is obviously a plus, but getting used to the mildots may be hard for some.