DesertEagle (DayZ)

Dedicated button for "Don`t shoot" sign

Reason:

In some cases, when you facing player and you want to show him that you are firendly, it takes some time to write a message in a chat, plus there are a lot of spam messages of someby other talking/entering/leaving server and so on. While this time will flow, you can be attacked by zombies etc..

Suggestion:

I suggest to add some "macros" fuction, that will be typing in a chat and giving visual hand signal by pressing 1 button.

Profit:

You don`t need to distract yourself for typing

Message is in the direct channel so it will not spam other players on server and it is easier to spot as it has different color.

Even if another player will not see the message in spam, he will see your hand signal.

Code sample ( how I see it ):

player playActionNow "GestureCeaseFire";
player kbtell [player,"text","text_1"];

Binded on one of ther UserAction buttons

Result:

Awesome idea. That definitely must be implemented.

Excellent! Love this suggestion! Would defiently help with the current direct chat problem as nearly impossible to announce to anyone that you are friendly via mic.

Yeah, currently the system encourages those who have trust issues to shoot first and ask questions later - purely because it takes time to type, and your life during that time is in somebody elses hands.

Can double-tap 'surrender' and it looks like you're waving both hands over head.

Sounds good! Adds to the atmosphere of the mod. Promotes teamwork. And generally it makes the whole teamwork thing a bit easier to do... Signed!

One thing we could really use is the handsignals from ACE where they're actived with shift+numpad 0-9 (I think).

Should be implemented.

Maybe even play a voice sound as well so other players can hear you say it ?

+1

maybe even make it so if you use the dont shoot macro, and they shoot you, automatic bandit :), and when you use the dont shoot macro, your gun isnt useable for maybe 10 seconds?

then get shot?

Yeah' date=' and die like a martyr.

What would the "Don't Shoot" button change versus the salute? The [i']gentlemen of DayZ would still shoot you either way.

then get shot?

Yeah' date=' and die like a martyr.

What would the "Don't Shoot" button change versus the salute? The [i']gentlemen of DayZ would still shoot you either way.

read what i said like 3-4 posts above this one. use dont shoot, get shot, shooter turns to bandit instantly (drop humanity)

when you use dont shoot, weapon is down like the thumbnail on the first post, and u cant use it for a set period of time

also, dont shoot macro would go instantly, since the pose transition is simple, from raised weapon, just press macro, weapon instantly lowers, hand over face + "im friendly, dont shoot!" is said on chat + voice

Why not just use a function already in the game such as saluting or probably more dangerous sitting

Saluting seems to get the message across, or leaning side to side (although that looks kinda silly). Aesthetically a replacement movement would be nice but i think its a bad call to link it to karma. A bad call Ripley, a bad call...