trexeth

Farming.

Idea is simple - Farming.

What for?

If you grow crops, and have animals - no need to go out of your base to find food.

What needs to be added?

Farming system.

Grow crops, Gather milk/make cheese from animals, Kill them to get meat.

Animal family system.

Male cow and Female cow, will give you children, that will slowly grow up.

The idea is very simple. I would enjoy to have my own farm, from which i could get food and water on consistent basis.

I think that DayZ should implement that Real life ideas.

Answe Yourself a question: What i do if zombieapocalypse begins?

My answer is clear. Farming + Hunting.

Your may be different.

But i want to make Real Farming and Hunting possible and interesting.

• Like 1

As much as this idea is (IMO) ridiculous, how much fun would it be to wreck someones farm? Imagine how pissed they would be to find all their animals slaughtered and crops trampled :lol:

I also think this would be quite fun.

It would add a lot to the game-play, such as trying to hide your farm and protect it from being ruined. Growing things seems like a logical idea in a survival game, all of the tools could be found from random loot - e.g. spades, forks, seeds and being able to water your crops via lakes (buckets of water) and collecting animals from the wild and leading them back to your farm.

Good idea :-)

great that you liked it.

The point of this suggestion is to stop running for food, and other resources need for life.

Building own farm is the first step for the better life.

I really would like to start kinda safe live.

Also, if you look at the Walking Dead series, you can see that their first real Home - was Hershell's farm. With cows, crops, cucumbers, tomatoes. But when 200 zombies got on their farm....

Anyway, protecting your farm will be cool.

Emotions you feel, when your farm is massacred....

Doublepostin again and again.

Something is wrong with the forum...

Doublepostin again and again.

Something is wrong with the forum...

I found this idea eleven times with a quick search, and you didn't even tag your post. Maybe the server holding the database for the forum is choked with 10,000 threads covering only 100 ideas? :unsure:

I saw this thread, not the 11 others, so, thank you OP for bringing this up.

I think it's a great idea, but not practical. Because, as the 1st responder has indicated...

We cannot have nice things.

i'd love to do this and take territory with a farm, but i'd be worried when a hacker or server crash happens.

Edited by CaptainBingo

Great that you found this idea interesting.

Btw, servers will save theire datebases lol.

So even, if server crashes, it will maximum be returned to 2 minutes state, and you loose everything u got in 2 mins, not more.

Farming is cute, really, growing crop, animals, gathering milk.

More suggestions and comments?

Seriously? I think no.

This is more interesting in Project Zomboid. You eventually run out of supplies, and the power is gone, so the perishables are dead too. And then the farming is the only way to keep you alive along with cans.

Here it won't work. Zombies don't pose much of a threat, so you go to an unpopular server, run to a city and raid the supermarket. Profit! You can live a week more. With farming added the game will be totally shitted. Just set up a farm near a pond, drink your infinite water bottle, and eat the harvested stuff. Nothing more needed. This won't be a survival simulator anymore.

Seriously? I think no.

This is more interesting in Project Zomboid. You eventually run out of supplies, and the power is gone, so the perishables are dead too. And then the farming is the only way to keep you alive along with cans.

Here it won't work. Zombies don't pose much of a threat, so you go to an unpopular server, run to a city and raid the supermarket. Profit! You can live a week more. With farming added the game will be totally shitted. Just set up a farm near a pond, drink your infinite water bottle, and eat the harvested stuff. Nothing more needed. This won't be a survival simulator anymore.

Ahahaha, Man, are you joking?

Setting farm near the pond, and noone touches you?

It will take a lot of days, to grow crops, or animals to breed.

Setting own farm will take a week - at least.

How about bandits, and unexpected visiters?

If they see your farm, they take it!!

So u need to protect it. That's it man!

Go Watch the Walking Dead Series..

They have a city, guns, crops, everything.

80 ppl in it. You think they are save? Fromz zombies - yes, but not from other Cities and colonies.

Your enemy in postapocalypric world is not - zombies, Your enemies are other players, That's it.

You want to set up a farm in the middle of a zombie apocalypse?

On an island yes, I can see it as being a trading island, the only area of safety on a map! I say safety but this would have to be regulated by players. All rules off when off the island.

You want to set up a farm in the middle of a zombie apocalypse?

On an island yes, I can see it as being a trading island, the only area of safety on a map! I say safety but this would have to be regulated by players. All rules off when off the island.

I want to start to get out of the zombie apocalypse. Try to return pre-apocalypse life. For that i need to start my own base/house/farm. So yes, i want to set up farm in the middle of zombie apocalypse.

Yes, on each server own rules, that are regulated by players.

Example: If you touch my farm, I will kill you. Simple ye?

I am sure on ther server will be "Governors" - kinda experienced DayZ players, and they will try to control the server, because they are strongest.

Every single server - different rules.