Blodi123

DayZ survivor class

I tink that this is a good idea.Some people will say that is not,but for some it will be a good idea.

Well,during the infection,the people that survived had jobs,so with jobs they won extra skills so i thoug of this idea of adding classes to DayZ.These are the classes that i thoug.

Classes:

-Slodier:good guy using machine guns,can easely fun loot,can camouflage themselves more or less.

-Sniper:good guy using sniper rifles,can more or less find loot,can easely camouflage themselves.

-Civilian:bad guy using ANY gun,can find the best loot easely,can't camouflage themselves.

-LumberJack:good guy using shotguns,can find loot more or less,can more or less camouflage themselves.

Thanks for reading this post bye.

P.S.Do not come here and start saying that my inglish is bad!!!

post-63723-0-60133300-1351781221_thumb.j

• Like 1

And I'm beans... Essentially useless outside of a zompocalyptic situation.

This has pretty much been suggested before repeatedly. I don't think it's the direction in which the Dev Team wanted to make it, but there was an idea which specified certain equipment would make things more efficiency (example being gloves = body temp decreases slower) and stuff like that..

Don't take me seriously dude...im a koala for god sakes...

Lol

U the koala from American Dad?

I got the title of helicopter Hunter!!!

B)

Never got a heli but we will see how it goes.

:lol:

Classes would make DayZ less serious in my opinion.

Btw look at me im a Zombie with a cool cap and golden glasses, why did nobody shot me yet?

Classes would make DayZ less serious in my opinion.

Btw look at me im a Zombie with a cool cap and golden glasses, why did nobody shot me yet?

Lol

Classes would make DayZ more realistick.

Unless everyone that survived the zombies didn't have a job.

Hmm. Probably wont be the last to say it, but this idea is a little too much like an RPG element, the exact opposite of what the dev team want. I would like to see a little less accuracy (Or general military skills) implemented into the stand alone when it comes out though. I mean... As a survivor of a zombie apocalypse would you run to a barracks, grab a .50 BMG Rifle and be able to head-shot someone at 800m? Of course not. Most people today could barely shoot an M9 accurately at 15m.

Hmm. Probably wont be the last to say it, but this idea is a little too much like an RPG element, the exact opposite of what the dev team want. I would like to see a little less accuracy (Or general military skills) implemented into the stand alone when it comes out though. I mean... As a survivor of a zombie apocalypse would you run to a barracks, grab a .50 BMG Rifle and be able to head-shot someone at 800m? Of course not. Most people today could barely shoot an M9 accurately at 15m.

I can shot a M9 (in real life) at 20 m.You can even shot birds at 50m with an air gun if you practice every day with the say gun.

Lol

U the koala from American Dad?

Its funny you mention that...i have a tendency to act like that koala...but alas i am not him...i am better

• Like 1

Sweet. B)

I like your atitude.

One day i will play DayZ with you and we will survive B) ...or just die because a hack was on the server :D.

Let me introduce you to the worldwide awaited "World of DayZ"

It includes 8 all-new classes like :

Normal Guy,Normal Guy with a polo shirt,Redneck with a Shotgun,Normal female,Female with a kitchen knife and the famous Guy with no Shirt and akimbo Uzi.

I hope you get the message...

• Like 1

Dude anyone has AS-50,NV's,range finder,gillie suit,the best backpack in game,M4A1 HOLO SD,ATV and a big base(with buidings)with protection?

I have a suggestion.

Survivor class. Starts with 100% normal health, 100% movement speed. Has a tactical vest and ball cap in a variety of colors.

Starting equipment is a small backpack, a flashlight, bandages, and some pills.

That is all.

That would be a good class to add but my idea is that all classes spawn with the same items they only have the adicional skills.

The only method of integration even resembling classes shouldn't be a 'choose your class' and receive bonuses as suggested.

I can only see one method that would fit into this style of game and that is making gear selection dictate your role.

As is we have various utility items that allow us to do certain things:

Tool Box = Repair Vehicles (Engineer)

Knife = Gather Meat (Hunter)

Matches = Set Fires (Cook)

Compass/Map = Navigation (Navigator)

Entrenching Tools = Build fortifications (Builder)

Hatchet = Gather wood/Melee (Logger)

I say instead of everyone being allowed to do ALL these things (not to mention you couldn't hope to carry all the items in RL and run about) we limit how many utility items the player can carry and even add in a few.

Why? because then you'd have to consider what equipment do you need to survive making you adapt your play style to the items you pick, it would make joining a group that much more appealing and rewarding, each person filling out the various roles and contributing to the group in exchange for their own help in return.

Now since some items are much smaller and do specific tasks and some larger and do many e.g. tool kit, entrenching tool I'd separate them into two groups, Major Utility, and Minor utility.

I'd imagine allowing players 1 Major and 2 minors would be sufficient.

Major Items (+Additional Ideas)

First Aid Kit - Faster Application of Medical Items, Can Self Use Blood Bags. Making/Applying Splints (splinting broken legs to allow walking but not running, if no morphine on hand).

Entrenching Tool

Tool Kit

Hatchet - Here due to size and fact it seconds as a weapon

Radio - Long range communications used to talk between radios (recommend ACRE for Teamspeak adaptation)

GPS - Not minor due to pure usefulness and that it practically renders the map/compass useless.

Minor Items: (I have excluded the Flash light, as I think everyone should have a slot for one separate to this concept)

Map

Compass

Watch

Matches

Knife

By limiting the player to only having 1 Major and 2 Minors you can probably begin to see in your mind how that would effect game play, and your own play style quite dramatically. If you want to live off the land? hatchet, knife and matches, navigate around with ease? either a GPS and two minors of choice or open major and map + compass...

This style of making classes doesn't really change anything currently in the game, it simply focuses more emphasis on planning and team work.

Edited by SgtSnug
  • Like 1

All of my beans are yours!!!

That's what I wanted!

To promote team work with skills!