Jasonmm

Updated to 1.7.3 - Server Rejected Connection!

Well guys, I've installed the latest from dayz and arma 2 via the dayz commander, and I'm currently up to date! The problem is that I cannot play on any server whatsoever.

I get the Bad Version, Server Rejected Connection message even when the servers are just as up to date as I am (according to dayz commander). So I've tried some possible solutions but they haven't worked. I've validated my version of OA with steam, I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything, etc. If someone could help me out that would be great :D

This seems to be of a problem for some people. Not sure on what to tell you though. I downloaded my patch update from DayZ Commander and it installed and works just fine. I'm able to join 1.7.3 servers and play on them.

(Just letting you know that the patch is downloadable from DayZ Commander for a lot of people, however, some, like you, have some error going on. Not too sure on what it is, however, there should be a troubleshoot up about it soon.)

Have you tried ticking both boxes under Steam Options in the DayZ Commander settings? I remember I had a similar issue with DayZ launching from Steam and this sorted it out for me. Hope it helps.

Try this.

go to the directory of D:/Steam/steamapps/common/arma2 oa/Expansions/

then delete the folder called 'beta'.

Then go to this link

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Download the lastest version, extract and run it. Then once that's done, go into the 'beta' folder and copy both, 'Arma2oa' and 'Arma2oaserver' to the Ama OA directory (/steamapps/common/Arma2 oa/). That should be all.

Edited by Snickelfritz1112
  • Like 1

Have you tried ticking both boxes under Steam Options in the DayZ Commander settings? I remember I had a similar issue with DayZ launching from Steam and this sorted it out for me. Hope it helps.

This was the first thing I tried today and it works now! Thanks a lot mate :)

This was the first thing I tried today and it works now! Thanks a lot mate :)

No worries, and glad that I could help.

Hi all,

just new to this site, apologies if this has already been covered. Have followed the advice previously metioned however the game I have it the bought disk not steam, that funtion does not work for me it just logs me into steam main window and I have no access to start the game. I done an uninstall and a reinstall and update of everything still no joy. Would appreciate any help if I cant resolve this just going to throw game in bin and go back to xbox, Woud prefer to stay on PC and zombie on. Thank you for any assistance given.

Bear