Sign in to follow this  
mr_chabowski@live.co.uk

New "improved" vehicle repair system. HELP!

The new vehicle repair system, while not too different from what I'm used to, has me scratching my head.

My squad have been travelling the dirt-roads of Chernarus in a pair of ATVs, and we can't repair either the fuel tanks or the hulls.

Everybody has a toolbox, we have all the required materials, but no matter which area of the quad I look at, the option to repair these two parts has NEVER shown up!

I know it's probably something I've overlooked, but these components are definitely damaged, I just seem unable to do anything about it.

I realise the patch is brand new and there hasn't been much opportunity for everyone to investigate all the changes, I just wonder if anyone can tell me what I'm missing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Thanks to smasht_AU for helping move this to the troubleshooting section.

Edited by Chabowski

More people will have played a 1.7.3 server now. Has anyone else noticed any unusual problems with the vehicle repair menu?

I've only used an ATV so I would also like to find out if this is happening with cars, bikes or helicopters.

If nobody has any insight I'll report this as a bug tomorrow. As I said, I've only tried the ATV so I could do with more information first.

I also can't repair vehicles anymore (ATV, Tractor, etc). All going dark yellow and red - even when I have the parts - there is no repair option.

Edited by enewmen

Same problem, i have the parts in my main inventory, when I go to repair the vehicle I get nothing, I can see the normal stats like Gear, Get in as Driver, etc. But I've checked the entire vehicle, sides, front, back, underneath, and inside and there is no repair options after 1.7.3. From what it seems the repair system should have been upgraded but when I'm in the vehicle I still can't tell whats damaged from that UI Indicator. I still have to kind of eyeball it on the tires, though atm, repairing anything is f'ed up.

Though I can refuel, which is kinda pointless if you can't repair something.

On the same ATVs I've replaced the wheels and the engine block without any problems, which is why I thought it was strange that I couldn't replace the other parts.

I wouldn't say I'm glad, but I'm relieved to see it's not just me having this issue.

I still hope there's a fix for it, otherwise these vehicles will slowly get damaged beyond repair.

It might even turn out to be intentional.

I'll make a bug report and link it to this thread.

EDIT: I made a bug report. Just have to wait and see if a moderator gives it the greenlight.

Edited by Chabowski

EDIT:

It works! Just need the Toolbox.

Then it works BETTER than before - you know what to fix exactly.

I never got to read your post before you edited it, were you trying to fix an ATV same as me?

I want to find out as much as I can. The ATV is the only type of vehicle I've tried.

Can fix Wheels.

Can fix Engine.

That's it, everything else just never shows up.

I've tried from every angle imaginable, and so have my buddies, to no avail.

It's doin' my nut in!

Same issue here, but with a motorcycle. The option to repair the body came up, but it was perfectly fixed when you got on. The wheel was broken, but there was no option to repair it. I Had toolbox, and Car Wheel in inventory.

Has anything happened or been said about this? I do not have the option to repair any vehicle I come across. The best I can do is fill it with gas, but if any of the vehicle is damaged I do not have the option to fix it.