Sign in to follow this  
tomlijones

Good places to build a base

Hey,

we are 3 players actually which play together since 4 days. I having big luck with finding cars atm, so we always got atleast one.

We liked the idea of having a base, we started up 2 the last 4days, but they got raided after 2 days, our base we build yesterday got raided today.

We dont know now if we are just building our bases at to obvious places. Our first camp we set up in the west of vybor on a hill. It seems very safe because it is not a route players would usally take.

After this got raided I found a fresh spawned car near there and we planed to build our second camp in the east of olsha at the sea, which got raided today after the server restart (patch 1.7.3)

Luckly I found a UAZ I flipped near our camp, as we see them raiding our camp we had to wait, we were just 2 and chance to kill them was not very high.

So we waited for a server restart and took our UAZ. We are searching for a good place to set up our next camp. I thought about placing single tents all over the map so we dont lose everything once, but we like the idea of having a camp just for the RP lol.

So does anyone have a got place to start up a new camp? It seems that we have at least one group on our server that effectivly searching for other players camp.

Iam not a native english speaker, so sry for my mistakes.

Edited by tomlijones

Way up at Grozovoy Pass, or middle-North of map, like above NEAF, but not Gupa, etc.

Edited by Welch

well it depends i guess on how busy the server you play on is. I could point out a few to you but i would prefure not to post them out here. because then they would not be good for long

We are playing on a "hive" of 3 servers which are locked to 24 players. At daytime there are usually 15-24 players online and at nightime about 10. I wrote you a pm, would be nice if you have some cool spots for me:)

So our new camp is set up, I hope it will be there at least one week. How long does your camps usually exist?

It will last until someone runs a map script that shows where every tent and vehicle is on the map.

My only suggestion is to make sure you are on a trustworthy server run by people who know what they are doing.

Otherwise you will lose all your hard work when the server lags into oblivion and you can't even get to your stuff.

So we got a new base record now :). We lost our UAZ due to a hacker, but I found a pickup and a motorbike. Hopefully our camp will exist some more days so we can gather some more stuff and maybe get a helicopter someday.

It depends on how long you want your camp to last. (Depending on server populations, of course.)

Less than a day: Around any of the airfields.

1-3 days: Bordering popular towns; usually ones with supermarkets.

4-7 days: Hidden on the tops of mountains surrounding popular areas like the NWAF, Pustoshka, Vybor, etc.

7+ days: Take a good look at the map, pick a place that you would never, ever feel inclined to go, and slap a tent there. The farther it is from loot, the less likely it's going to be found.

Of course, these are just very rough estimates, and they all go proportionally to the amount of people that play on the server. It's all risk versus reward.

Edited by Mash Tactics
  • Like 1

If it is to the side of a town or city, don't put it in the woods! Whenever I travel to a city, village etc.. I always go trough the woods near the sides.. Found a few camps there..

I have a camp IN a town and its been in the same spot for about 2 weeks... The eye wont find what it thinks is supposed to be... im not saying go to Cherno and get out your camping gear and sleeping bags... mine is in a town out of the way that people would have no real reason to stop and loot... I also have 2 vehicles and they too are parked in the same spot

• Like 1