DZR_Mikhail

Standalone suggestion: Tag\Decal your items. "Item\Global tag" Idea.

Sorry if this was already mentionaed elsewhere.

The Power of the Item Tag

This idea came from a Reddit member Juan_Solo. So thank him and I attribute this suggestion as his idea and write here on his behalf. But I'll expand the idea a bit to make it consistent.

• You can create a public comment\tag for any item you have.
  • You can write some 20 (subject to change!) characters long text adn it is saved together with the item and is stored permanently as other item's attributes (like weapon condition, ammo, etc.)
  • Item Tag is shown anytime an item weapon name is show in UI.
  • Item tag is shown either like this "Juan_Solo's zombie exterminator (AK-47)" or like this "AK-47 (Juan_Solo's zombie exterminator)" (or any other variant we can come up with in the discussion)
  • The Item Tag can be rewritten by any player having that item.
  • Any item you can pickup can be tagged (weapons, ammo, food, clothes, vehicle parts, tents etc.)

This idea can be further expanded to the world objects as well. The concept of the "Global Tag"

The Power of the Global Tag

You can tag any separate object in the world

• A house
  • A vehicle
  • A tree
  • A cow
  • A lootpile
  • A corpse!
  • Your own poo if Rocket implements it

It's not meant to replace the feature of leaving messages. It's another thing. This feature will contribute to it just by the fact you can tag the message itself :)

This is immensely fun and extends roleplay aspects as well as extending Rocket's idea of "writing your own DayZ story". We are writing this story on our items and objects.

If you like it -

vote it up on reddit!

Examples:

• Crowbar (Rocket's lawbringer)
  • Hatchet (Holy Axe of FireFighter)
  • M24 ammo (Five reasons to die)
  • Hand grenade (New explosive taste)
  • Can of beans (Don't eat. Give it to someone else or you get infected.)
  • Coke (My last drink. I don't wanna die!)
  • Meat (This is human flesh! Mwahahaha)
  • Cooked meat (I added rosmarinus and natrium glutamate. Bon appetite!)
  • Rotot part (WALL-E)
  • Corpse (This dude died honestly. I looted good. RIP)
  • Animal corpse (Fluffy was a good hog. I miss you fluffy.)
  • Bicycle (It's a chopper, baby.)
  • Dead zombie (Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.)
  • House in Cherno (Abandon hope, all ye who enter here)
  • Hospital (Dr.Wasteland receives patients on Saturdays 8-11 AM.)
  • Huge round watertower (Gieant Chupa-chups! Lollypops!)
  • TV tower (Todays: Casting for a new survival show! DayZ! Coming soon on ChernoTV!)
  • Backpack (Don't touch it. It's a detonating C4 bag! I warn you!)
  • Poo on the ground (I gotta give up eating only beans dammit.)

Can spend all day doing it, try yourself! Share your funny tags!!!

THE ONLY DRAWBACK

• Text may be obscene! Children, beware! But I hope DayZ will not have bad rating because of this. I think this is nothing but a chat, but delayed chat you can read only when finding tagged objects.

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail
  • Like 2

why ? I find a dead body and he has tagged a can of beanz, Johnny's amazing home recipe with garlic. How does this add to any immersiveness ? Seems like most spammy sidechat but now inflicted on objects. And as for obscene..can you not imagine ? Just not very interested at all in picking up objects constantly tagged penis or your mum because 12 year olds find it hilarious.

Oh look , the hospital is tagged Scrotum Sanctuary again.. ha....ha. Meh.

THE ONLY DRAWBACK... is it's biggest downfall.

I dont see the need for things to be tagged at all, there is no real point to it. Maybe for a more arcadey type zombie game ?

• Like 1

I can see only perverted, racist etc text with this... its sad but its true, kids will just ruin it.

Same thing like CS sprays, there is only goatse etc pictures.

What a way to troll..

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 3

Sturgeon, Zeppa, Solitude, youre completely right. Nothing to say. I won't close this thread just for lulz. But the concept is of course a failure.

P.s. But Rocket's idea with leaving note in the world would end up the same I guess... but nonetheless, tags will boost it darmatically. I agree.

I really don't see the point and I'd much more prefer the idea of being able to 'modifi' your weapon in a somewhat different manner. Someone suggested being able to carve 'notches' into your weapon as a sort of 'kill-count' but I thought it might be even better if you had a free hand in what you 'notch' into your gun. Maybe you carve in your name, or if you're skilled even a skull or something like that.

Of course that'd be prone to abuse as well, but seriously what isn't these days?

Edited by James Ashwood

the bada thing about tagging, is that most people will find it useless, its not like they will only memorize a certain place due to tag, notes will not be a good idea, its useless. The best.

To irritate players i would just write on a huge billboard, "imersion breaker" it would call atention from people but just that and then people would just go back to waht they are doing. tags would be nice only on buildings and paint was something hard to come by, not as a mountain dew but similar, but you could produce some type of paint with some plants or minerals that you would have to obtain.

Wait, when we are going to make caves, is there going to be mineral resources?

I don't think the idea should be so completely dismissed.

Take dark souls for example. It had a 'taging' feature that was very well integrated into the game world. For those who havent played it, it let you (with a specific object) write notes that other players could see in their game. But it didn't let you write what ever you like, rather it let you choose from a list of phrases you that you could combine to give other players clues about the world. It also limited the number of tags you could write (two or three, I cant remember exactly).

So what if:

- You can only tag with a spray can, with a limited no of tags per can.

- The player is limited to five tags (just a no. I pulled out the ether). When they make tag six, tag one disappears.

- The tags are limited to a pool of phrases/ words that are within the context of dayZ.

IMO something like this could add alot of fun and immersion to the game, without excessive abuse (there will still be abuse, people will find a way :) )

Edited by Hoik

P.s. But Rocket's idea with leaving note in the world would end up the same I guess... but nonetheless, tags will boost it darmatically. I agree.

I have thought the same about the notes. Of course some people will use them as a serious dayZ type role playing story while others will use them to set traps or in the context or a riddle type quest , then there will be just plain childishness, which will be a good reason to hunt them down if all notes are 'tagged' to a character ala your hide/ show face topic.