Sign in to follow this  
Mudpuppy (DayZ)

I can never find a sniper rifle!

First off, I'm not a bandit or a hill sniper. I'm just a scavanger and collecter.

I've found also every item in the game from rangerfinder, MVG's Camo/ghillie, big ass assault rifles and tents. But I just can't find any sniper rifles... I've been over NW airfield many times, Stary, heli crash sites and other hot spots but the only rifles I found were a DMR off a dead bandit whos friend killed me 30 seconds later and an AS50 at a crash site that just vanashed from my bad 30 seconds later.

Tell me... Where have you found your sniper rifle? Where does Frankie get all his DMR's? And is it feast or famine when it comes to these things?

I found a cz550 in a barn once, and one other time in stary i believe. That's about all of my luck with snipers unfortunately. I HATE hill snipers but i've always wanted a sniper. Frankie probably has a bunch of friends that play that have camps in a lot of the servers he plays on, at least that's my logical conclusion. BUT then again he could play for hours on end trying to find one to make his series more interesting and just not show the footage as that would be boring

Back in the day you would find CZs in barns all the time but i normally can only find a few as50s in panthera at heli crashes and namalask but the namalask heli crashes are currently static.

You won't find any for months, and when you finally have one, you won't STOP finding them.

And when you do, your bag will be full already. :(

Check ALL military spawns.

EDIT: Oh, and THIS http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/95726-how-to-force-new-items-to-respawn/

Edited by Highspiral

cz550 will be spawn with pick-up truck. Try to search heli crash in open field. DMR is very common at heli crash site.

Edited by Qintwoguns

cz550 will be spawn with pick-up truck. Try to search heli crash in open field. DMR is very common at heli crash site.

But there have many zombies at the site

First off, I'm not a bandit or a hill sniper. I'm just a scavanger and collecter.

I've found also every item in the game from rangerfinder, MVG's Camo/ghillie, big ass assault rifles and tents. But I just can't find any sniper rifles... I've been over NW airfield many times, Stary, heli crash sites and other hot spots but the only rifles I found were a DMR off a dead bandit whos friend killed me 30 seconds later and an AS50 at a crash site that just vanashed from my bad 30 seconds later.

Tell me... Where have you found your sniper rifle? Where does Frankie get all his DMR's? And is it feast or famine when it comes to these things?

1. It's all luck, my advise would be to check heli crash sites and NW airfield as you are doing already. This might not be the only places snipers spawn but they are the most common. It's just going to take time, be patient :)

2. I was lucky enough to find an AS50 in an ATV i found but that's not useful to you. My friends have found multiple ones at crash sites and NW airfield so stick to what you are doing already :)

3. Remember Frankie and his amazing DayZ videos are recorded over hours, even days of gameplay.

I have found a DMR in a deer stand. I found an M24 in a military tent at Stary. I have found AS50's and M107's at heli crash sites, but they don't interest me.

I have been looking for a CZ550 since I started playing, I found one in an new spawned offroad truck, but never out in the wilds... until last night. I found not one, but TWO CZ550's in the SAME BARN!?! They both had ammo and were in spots that are natural loot drops. I grabbed one, and the ammo from both. :D

It really is sheer luck, or random mathematical calculations of what "luck" might be. Anyway, depends on what sniper rifles you mean. But I usually carry one and get mine from deerstands, nw airfield and firestations. Also, if you play heavily populated servers you can proabably forget about the nw airfield and fire stations. Stick with deer stands, just run round as many as you can and eventually you get a good one. FN Fal's are noisy and bizons but it's nice to have them for their rarity, like the as50 etc. I like quiet guns but they don't kill quickly enough. If I had a choice of one gun, right now I'd go for the kobra, though I like the mp5sd6's quiteness, it's too weak.

Forgot to say, I had an FN FAL and a DMR from helicrashes disappear from my backpack - it drives me nuts. I know we keep saying it's just an alpha - but that doesn't things won't disappear in the "final" version of this game (if there is one) or in the standalone.

Edited by Sula

hell, I found two crash sites yesterday one with an fn-fal, l85, m104, ghille and ammo. later we picked up an m249 with ammo. The first three weeks I didnt find squat.

Finaly! I found a DMR plus ammo. I found it inside someones camp along with five (yes five) ghille suits. I only took one plus the rifle. Normaly I would leave peoples camps alone as I have my own but if you put your camp inside one of the hangers at NW airfield, well...

Found a few M24s in the control tower at balota and deer stands. I found a DMR, AS50, and M107 at some down heli's, I've only found a CZ550 Once at a barn I swear that thing is more rare then any other sniper.

I have found pretty much every sniper rifle, expect NEVER a cz. Which is strange is its the most common. Seemed to find a DMR every life. Just keep checking military spawns you will start finding them eventually