Sign in to follow this  
An_Atomic_Penguin

What Does DayZ Mean To You? (PvP or Survival)

Well it depends on the map. Chen. is all about Surviving for me. But Nam. though is just fucking around and pvp'ing.

It is not a simple binary answer. The game should be not boil down to are you more oriented towards PvP or survival. It should boil down to a conflict of culture.

Right now the game does night require any group dynamic or cultural development in a post apoc' setting. This is endemic of the fact that the game(not to discredit the game, it is in its infancy) lacks depth and a true survival challenge. Twenty minutes into a fresh spawn I usually have at the very least an AK/M9, food, water, hatchet, water bottle. I'm now set with not much else to do then survive against other players.

It now turns into a game of, spawn, get my gear, get safe and then hunt people because that is the real survival challenge of this game. It almost feels like a sim of Hunger Games except easier.

When the game evolves into a challenge where lone players cannot just do a 20 minute clean up of Electro on a dead server then pop on and PvP their asses off and do it again, when loot is more fluidic and rare in its spawns and zombies are a real threat that requires a group to strategically sweep a large town that should be swarming with Zombies then I feel we are better able to adequately provide a true answer.

Right now it seems to boil down to either I PvP to grief bambies or I PvP because that is the real challenge in the game.

Personally, I like clan-based gameplay. It adds a real community sense, and makes the game more exciting. It's way better than just pure PVP/survival. :)

• Like 1

For me it's all about surviving and helping other people survive, but you can't survive without fighting bandits sometimes so PvP is part of that.

DayZ to me is about telling people I'm friendly on Elektro and then when they turn they back I shoot them in the head.

MW3 kid behaviour...

The matter is not so easy to discern.

For me survival is the top feature, but don't forget that survivors must deal soon or late with other players, from this kind of situation can grow a PvP...

I can say for sure that every time I play DayZ I don't get into a server with the intention to camp a place to shoot on sight everything is moving...playing DayZ only to shoot people in my opinion suggests a bad state of mind.

What I want out of DayZ is a unique experience, a place to have interactions with other players that would not occur in other games. KOS ruins this and I don't understand why those people don't play other shooters. I think it's because in those other shooters everyone is on a more or less even playing field and when they don't have an advantage, they don't do so well.