Sign in to follow this  
ScareCrowNL

Horses

So the dog update got me thinking....

What if there were wild horses running around in Chernarus, you would have to find saddle's and other gear in farms and they would be extremely rare, they would need feeding and drinking, and would have very low health and a top speed of about 40-50 KMH. With saddle they wont run away but without they just move about.

I have no idea if this is possible to make in the ARMA engine but it's a suggestion, please tell me what you think and if someone else already came up with this idea I searched but I couldn't find anything, but apoligies to anyone who already spread this idea.

• Like 8

It'd be nice! It'd also be a nice shield. As cruel as it is, I'd rather have my horse die rather than me in a zombie attack...

good idea but you dont need a saddle to ride a horse.

It'd probably just need a saddle so it'd take some dedication to get a horse, rather than just find one and hop on.

• Like 1

only problem is if people would want to ride the horse, implementation would be hard, so at start it should be an wild animal very afraid of loud noises so when you fire it starts running away like crazy and if there was someone on it he could fall and break his back, which as shown by movies is normal. They have some lovely meat and hide. First problem would be walk cycle, second behavior but appart from all of that i am totally in for it.

the problem with all domesticated animals is that you cant domesticate anything in a few secconds. it takes ages to train a horse or dog. if it was from pre apocalypse then it would work but that would be too unlikely and would ruin the realism. even with domesticated horses, try walking up and putting a saddle on it and riding it. its not just done. same goes for dogs and birds

All the cows, sheep and goats are pre-apocalypse domesticated animals, so I don't see why adding horses would ruin realism.

I like the idea, they could be like bicycles that wander off when they get bored.

• Like 1

Being realistic here, if bicylcles and cars were available, horses would be quickly consumed as a source of food by remaining survivors. If they were implemented they should be extremely rare.

A car can break down and will constantly need refueled, fuel is a finite resource.

Horses eat grasses and other plant material and would constantly maintain themselves through their normal life-cycle.

EDIT: Since the apocalypse is sponsored by Heinz, I don't think any species will be hunted to extinction for food, unless you count zombies eating all the people.

Edited by Chabowski

I keep throwing my beans at the screen but nothing is happening.

That is a fantastic idea, give them a high spawn chance at farms, give them very little health (4k blood maybe) and give them a constant speed that doesn't change much on any terrain (a horse is a horse, it doesn't suddenly have it's speed halved by a bit of grass :) )