koze

Remove 24/7 Daylight servers.

Remove 24/7 daylight servers?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should all servers have Day and Night cycles?

• Yes, They should all have cycles of Day and Night.
    • No, The server hosters have the right to customize their server however they want.

basically just make night vision option on normal binos

binos are common people can play on easily in night. not playing through night is missing a whole side to the game. i made a thread similar before.

I prefer night-time servers, but for the bambis who are just starting out, daylight is the best thing for 'em, I think a 24/7 server for newer players/respawners is good.

Just sayin'

I prefer both, and I do think its good having daytime servers for newcomers

Pussies tend to be scared of the dark.. why would we take away there nightlights.. Dey will be scurred when dey haf 2 pee pee in da middle of da night..

Edit: oh and this http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/52764-video-how-to-see-at-night/page__st__20__hl__gamma#entry1009544 Just ruins it for serious players

Edited by picky

Pussies tend to be scared of the dark.. why would we take away there nightlights.. Dey will be scurred when dey haf 2 pee pee in da middle of da night..

Edit: oh and this http://dayzmod.com/f...ma#entry1009544 Just ruins it for serious players

its about finding a healthy balance for all players, not just you or me, but everyone

haha you bellend all you have to do is join another server.

'what's that? someone's playing dayZ a different way than i play it! better make a thread on the dayZ forums to warn everyone of this blasphemy!'

you penis

Edited by Inception.
NO personal insults. You've been warned before for abusive behaviour. Heed it.

When DayZ evolves to be more than just a mod for ArmA it will have to make a defined set of rules or risk fracturing the community forever.

All that your "join another server" comment proves is, you don't understand how fickle people are.

Without a clear set of DayZ server rules, there will come a point when there is no longer a hint of what the base game aimed to be.

When the whole project bows to the whim of any server admin (or the tears of n00bs), the devs' (and rockets') target, to create a real challenging survival game, will have failed.

EDIT:

'what's that? someone's playing dayZ a different way than i play it! better make a thread on the dayZ forums to warn everyone of this blasphemy!'
People should either play the game, or not. Changing the rules to make it easier defeats the purpose. Fact.

Changing parts of the game, to add new features, may be supported somewhere down the line.

Your defence of the "different way" (read: cheating, easy mode) should be run out of town, with pitchforks and torches*. (*which would be unnecessary, because it's 24/7 daylight)

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 1

heres an idea, if you dont like it, then dont play there..

problem solved..

why is it when some players dont like a feature of a game, they try to force "their" play style on everyone else..

personaly i dont play on nite siervers, cuz i find it uninteresting fumbling around in the dark..

so stop trying to tell me how i can choose to play DayZ, kk..

Do you not see the irony in your post? Server admin doesn't like the "night" feature in DayZ, so he forces "his" play style on everyone in the server with a 24/7 daylight mod.

Instead of telling people to get their own server and set it up with night, perhaps we should be telling you guys to create your own arma2 mod if you don't want night. Of course I won't, because Rocket was nice enough to let you modify his. But, the standard arguments given in this type of discussion are so ignorant to anything except the posters desires.

what's the point of playing at night, when everybody can crank up brightness, hdr and contrast that with a moon or clear sky is like playing at dawn and with no moon is still like having nvgs? Zombie rarely aggro, so it's easier in the end. It would be better if torchlights, flares and chem light actually had a use, but right now they are pointless. So in the end why would i play in almost daylight but black and white when i can play in real daylight with colors? Exactly, no point.

Next

Do you not see the irony in your post? Server admin doesn't like the "night" feature in DayZ, so he forces "his" play style on everyone in the server with a 24/7 daylight mod.

Instead of telling people to get their own server and set it up with night, perhaps we should be telling you guys to create your own arma2 mod if you don't want night. Of course I won't, because Rocket was nice enough to let you modify his. But, the standard arguments given in this type of discussion are so ignorant to anything except the posters desires.

LOL dont u see the irony in your own reply..

theres soooo many servers running various versions of DayZ, why would you care how a few are being run differently ???

1 million flavours of vanilla is still just 1 flavour really.

DayZ in all its various versions is whats helping cater to a bigger player base then just 1 version of like it and shutup ever would.

rather than imposing your dogma on others how other people play how about asking for something productive? like a better system for filtering through servers to make it easier to find your choice of server? sadly i don't see such a thing happening what with standalone so close you might as well just wait for that instead but still the idea remains. Times have changed, the days of "your server must look like this or be banned" are over.

Edited by treecancer

What about shift workers etc. Some people get poor ping unless they connect to local servers (Australians for example)

Should my friends never experience DayZ in daylight because of their jobs?

basically just make night vision option on normal binos

I don't see how that really helps, you'd be better off with a torch. If you've ever found an Fn Fal with night vision, it's still almost impossible to navigate your way around with it at night only using the scope. It would be the exact same with binos, except you don't have a gun attached.

They kind of already have that with rangefinders, not many people know they have nightvision.

rather than imposing your dogma on others how other people play how about asking for something productive? like a better system for filtering through servers to make it easier to find your choice of server? sadly i don't see such a thing happening what with standalone so close you might as well just wait for that instead but still the idea remains. Times have changed, the days of "your server must look like this or be banned" are over.

DayZ Commander?

Here's hoping standalone server options will all be preset.

It shouldn't require filters just to find a server running vanilla settings. Making everything optional sounds like a good idea, but all it really does is fracture the community.

There's no need for every setting to be editable server-side. ArmA had options because every game was custom.

If Rocket wants to create a serious survival setting, people shouldn't be allowed to make things easier for themselves.

There will always be servers in different time-zones anyway.

Anyone who said "I pay for the server, I can do what I want" used to just get told to get a grip, there are always many other willing hosts.

Now, with everyone on private hives, every admin makes up there own rules. In my opinion everything in SA should be locked down, to keep the challenge constant for everyone.

Are we even still going to be playing private hives when standalone hits? I assumed we'd all be on a main hive, for the sake of random encounters.

Private hives on the MOD should be allowed to do what they want. The experimentation brings some good ideas, but 24/7 daylight just amounts to a poor form of cheating in my book.

When DayZ evolves to be more than just a mod for ArmA it will have to make a defined set of rules or risk fracturing the community forever.

All that your "join another server" comment proves is, you don't understand how fickle people are.

Without a clear set of DayZ server rules, there will come a point when there is no longer a hint of what the base game aimed to be.

When the whole project bows to the whim of any server admin (or the tears of n00bs), the devs' (and rockets') target, to create a real challenging survival game, will have failed.

EDIT:People should either play the game, or not. Changing the rules to make it easier defeats the purpose. Fact.

Changing parts of the game, to add new features, may be supported somewhere down the line.

Your defence of the "different way" (read: cheating, easy mode) should be run out of town, with pitchforks and torches*. (*which would be unnecessary, because it's 24/7 daylight)

Exactly..while variety can spice things up too much freedom ends in things like this...it takes the challenge out of the game. What sense does it make to play a "survival game" if you get everything stuffed up uranus? Vehicles , weapons, food should be rare but with

100 vehicles, fast respawn, custom loot table, 24/7 daytime

servers the game becomes a farce...

Edited by Enforcer

Honestly think this is another one of those things that ruins DayZ.

People can just swap servers if they're scarred of the dark, but servers should have both day and night cycle.

EDIT:

I don't understand why so many people are against this, I hope I don't get shit canned for this but in WarZ, when it's night time ALL servers are night time. When it's day time ALL servers are day time. There's no escaping the time, though from what I've heard they only have 4 hour cycles so people from all countries will see the light of day.

I'm sure something like this should be in DayZ. Why? NVG's are one of the rarest finds in DayZ, now they are almost completely useless, so are weapons that have flash lights. I'm sure in a Zombie apocalypse it's not always going to be 24/7 Day time, as much as we'd like that. And DayZ is meant to be a zombie Apocalypse simulator, so realism is one of it's core aspects. Also one of the reasons why Arma 2 (a Military Simulator) works so well with DayZ. Otherwise DayZ would be a game full of snipers quick scoping and players bunny hopping. (Much like WarZ)

Some may argue, theres no point in having night time in DayZ any more because you can just turn up your gamma. Well I guess there's no point in having zombies in DayZ because you can just shoot them with guns? Well there's no point in NVG's because there's no more night time servers.

@aHzdaNny We do have our own server. :o

you can just play on your own server then? honestly i dont understand this thread its like you're some sort of spoiled child and you want everything to be your way. there are daytime servers for a reason. people want them there. go play on YOUR OWN server if it really bothers you that much.

you can just play on your own server then? honestly i dont understand this thread its like you're some sort of spoiled child and you want everything to be your way. there are daytime servers for a reason. people want them there. go play on YOUR OWN server if it really bothers you that much.

your post contributed nothing towards this topic. And you must be a hero for calling me spoiled, I am suggesting that removing 24/7 daytime servers would make DayZ so much more realistic, now unless you actually have something to contribute, or some constructive criticism towards the topic then please, f*ck off.

• Like 1

What could be done is to make all the servers be on the same time but have a 25 hour day night cycle. Then after about 12 days of real time it will be night on one side of the world and day time on the other. That way we could keep people from server hopping to find a day server, make it so that 1 region of the world is not always playing in perpetual darkness while one in perpetual daylight, and it will keep the daynight cycle as close to real as possable. Of course this will be an idea for the standalone not for the mod.

Hi i think 2 things:

1 No day/night cycle can mean that a fresh spawn goes looting good mililtary gear at cherno or electro in a 24/7 daylight then goes another server at night and kill recently spawns that REALLY use torches,chemi,flare in the same physical point (around marketin electro for example) in less than 30 minutes. What about a timer when switching servers of different day/night cycles?. You choose day or night and if you want to change you will have a time of penalty or something?

2 People that always argue "thats not realistic!!! ruins the game". All of them are limiting ideas and diferent ways of play.

Saw people suggests citylights, separated power grids, and generators that runs with fuel and can be fixed with parts , etcc. "Cant be possible , not realistic, blah,blah". Then complain about people not gaming in nightservers and 24/7 not realistic.....sigh.

Just a bit of common sense ok?. IRL Can you instantaneously consume a can of baked beans,can you drink a soda y 1 sec?. Can you store any engine y any backpack?. Can that engine be used to repair everything(cars,choppers,bikes) eith just a toolbox of unknown contents?. Can you just run 18 km/h whithout limit? and can you fly a chopper that needs 45 steps of preflight and starting checks just pressing a key?

We have to go half and half when it goes about realism and arcade. So i would like people stop whinning all the time about this or that not being reallistic because it has nonsense and limits the play.