Sign in to follow this  
Sheenas

FPS Problem (again i know)

So hello there i have some problems with FPS in DayZ on most servers is from 13-45 it's jumping all the time.

My specs:

Win7 64bit

IntelCore i5 2320

Nvidia GeForce GT 545 up to 4095MB

8GB Ram DDR3

1TB HDD

i think thats all.

The problem is i wanna get at least 30 stable FPS. Don't know if its problem with my PC or with something else.

Please help me

@EDIT

I tried to search the solution found some but they helped only a little.

Edited by Sheenas

If you keep your computer on for extended periods, try letting it cool down, it helps my PC a lot,...

You mean turning it down? for some time or is there other way? On my old pc i had up to 80-110 C and i had to use a Fan (normal fan for summer :D)

Now i have

32 C CPU

50 C GPU

35 C HDD

No, I mean turning off your computer, taking stuff outta USB ports and maybe opening a window to cool the insides of your computer down, it worked for me when I was getting extremely low FPS.

Ok i cleaned up my PC inside and left open one wall so now i get

CPU 24C

GPU 30-35C

HDD 28C

I will check DayZ later and give more info.

AND THERE IS A QUITE GOOD WAY TO GET AT LEAST +10 FPS DEFRAGMENTATION! Windows defrag is quite shitty so it's better to do it with Defraggler. It helped for me i got 20 stable in cities and 35-45 anywhere else. But it best to do it every time before you play DayZ i do it every time i go to sleep and after i wake up im turning my pc off. It can take from 2 hours to 15 so it's better to turn it on at night.

With this machine you should get 50 fps and more , but not in this state of the mod!!

As i wrote on some other threads - the buildings and the map(Chernarus) itself has problems and also the devs said there are problems with the zombies ( different parts that are not merged together - and because of this the gpu goes crazy [Low Gpu Usage and what not])- in the standalone it will be a lot better - as i read

So just wait

btw - E8400 @ 3.6 GHz , ENGTX 260 Core 216 896 mb , 4 GB RAM Samsung - in Arma 2 i have 90 FPS no matter the mission or the AI or whatever - yeah - there are drops but ....

Dayz - 25 fps.................... and a whole other thing is the server performance , in some servers i get 10 FPS LoL

Edited by VALVe-DnB

Have you tried defragmentation? And clean your PC inside from dust cause i had a lot of it. Uninstall all useless games programs etc. I was killed yesterday by a hacker... So i logged in today after cleaning up my PC and on the spawn near elektro i had 50 FPS i was shocked :D but i think it wont last long.

BTW Do you know when DayZ Game is coming out aprox?