memphislegion95

Trading function?

Add a trading function so that you can actually buy, sell and trade/swap items offically instead of just dropping things.

If people are able to make a camp/base and fortifications in the standalone then it would be good it people could build trading posts for their faction/clan and can choose what currency their faction runs with? For example forms of currency - bullets (the better the higher the value), food and drink, tin cans, empty whiskey bottles?, forms of medication/medicals such as bandages? Just trying to think out of the box here.

Perhaps add in actual currency which this fictional soviet state would have used> Like pre-apocalypse currency is thought of having no value anymore but now people have began to get used to the new way of life they they pick up some old ways and use what is not post-apocalyptic currency.

• Like 1

"Caps" come to mind like in Fallout.

I think trading is, and always will be Quid Pro Quo. None of this economy crap I have to keep up with like in TF2. I dotn want DMR bullets to be worth say $50 then some jackass floods the market with them decreasing the value. I like the I need this and you have that trading. Perhaps it could benefit from a better "way" but I don't want some middleman or entity to handle transactions.

I think a "trade" menu would be good, so both parties would have to accept what's on offer before the trade will be completed.

I'm pretty sure Rocket said himself, there will be no currency. Any barter system will have to be decided by the players, and based off perceived value of items in any given situation.

Lets face it, when starving to death, it's bound to come to the point where you would trade anything to anyone.

You could potentially haggle yourself a DMR for a few tins of ol' Heinz 57 and a Mountain Dew. :P

EDIT: spelling

Edited by Chabowski

Trading should stay as is - meet people and trade with them. There shouldn't be some magical third party handling the transaction. If you get screwed over then you get screwed over, your own fault for trying to trade with people in a post-apocalyptic society where rule #1 is trust no one, lol. Such is life...

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 1

@ mZLY

Nobody needs a "magical third party" handling anything.

Trade between players needs to be streamlined somehow, or any potential ability to barter is going to remain severely limited.

Currently, to trade items, you either have to make loot-piles on the floor, or players must have empty space in their backpack to receive items. With weapons, this is particularly cumbersome.

In the real world, items change hands fluidly. It would simply make more sense to have a temporary "middle-ground" inventory window.

Edited by Chabowski

For me either dumping stuff on the floor or using a tent/vehicle is fine. I don't see the issue. :S

The only thing I would like is for dropping items from your backpack to be easier. Hate the way you 'drop' something and it tries to go in to your main inventory, lol.

Maybe, an idea may to be to add random chests around the map, These chests can be in residential buildings, or military bases, They can be used to do direct trades or as drop spots for people.

For instance, There is a chest located in devils castle up the wooden staircase, I can randomly go there and drop random items int there for any lucky survivor to stumble upon, or I can meet a potential trader there, from which we both put our items into the box.

These boxes can be found in the wild as well, random spots around the map.