Sign in to follow this  
AfterShave

i die whenever i just got all my starter gear

great tip, would read again.

honestly random shit happens when i get full gear, hackers, snipers, glitches

great tip, would read again.

honestly random shit happens when i get full gear, hackers, snipers, glitches

Haha, but seriously, you can't do much. Unfortunately hackers, snipers and glitches are all part of the game :(

I recommend looking at some starter guides, they can be a real boost when you're first starting out.

There are some YouTube guide channels around, just do a google search for DayZ starter guide, and you'll get some very useful results. Good luck. :)

Maybe you're cursed.

I suffer from the curse of the coyote backpack. Every time I find one something horrible and usually completely inexplicable happens...

Learn to crawl, It is under utilised by most gamers these days. It can get you in and out of some hairy situations. I hate it when players just run around because they can outrun the zeds, run and grab might work but your missing out on so much nail biting tension.

Don't go to Elektro or Cherno. Or Solnichy. Or Stary Sobor. Or...well...stay home! ^^

I died all the time when i first started, i remember one evening were i died 6 times to zombies. That night i struggle to find anything to help me survive.

What i do now after i spawn is.

1. head into a town with a hospital and raid it for med supplies.

2. Then hit the supermarket for food.

3. GET THE HELL OUT

4. head to NWA for weapons & stuff to help me live in the woods such as hunting knife, hatchet & matches.

5. Try to survive

Also try to find a server that is a co-op friendly server so you can get use to the game and the map without to much worry of being shot.

Hope this helps, am still new to the game and always learning. Its a cruel world in DayZ.

All the best,

Dugie

Just be careful when moving, like don't run unless you have to. It's a good idea to crouch-run most of the time, and if you are heading into an area with zombies (especially in daylight) go prone, it will save your life. If you get alerted by a sudden noise or movement you should get ready to attack and drop down prone if you can. It is good to play on servers where it is night time or low light because it makes it so much easier to avoid zombies. Don't use your flashlight unless it is an emergency, that thing is a bandit-beacon. If you are shooting anything stay calm and don't waste ammo. Speaking of ammo, remember if you reload with a few bullets left you will eventually go back to that mag and that could mean trouble (it also takes up an inventory spot so you should try to empty mags). If you find a hatchet you should be able to handle any lone zombie fairly easily. A way I lose zombies if I have to run is to try and lose them between buildings and when I am out of sight I go prone and stay silent. If you see a player it is probably best to stay hidden and let them pass unless you badly need some supplies. Chernogorsk and Elektrozadovsk (aka Cherno and Elektro) are frequently visited areas and should be avoided since you have a high chance of getting shot. If strange stuff is happening like mass deaths or teleporting you should disconnect from the server incase it's a hacker.

sorry for the wall of text but that's just some tips that can help, good luck :)

Thanks but I'm not new, weird shit just keeps happening.

I logged in one day in the middle of the woods and just died, there wasn't even anyone else on the server.

I was climbing a ladder once and just fell off for no reason midway, died.

I logged in once and was standing right in front of a group of bandits.

I got kicked out of a server while looting a shack with one door, logged back in and zombies were inside.

This game has made me Cold and bitter, a shade of my former self.

I do the dumbest shit once I am geared up.My latest idiot of the year move was going prone on a rooftop after spotting another survivor,crawling over to the edge and then pressing Q to lean/look over the edge.

• Like 1

You might just suck.

I can run around Cherno balls to the wall vs 3 players on my own and zed all around and come out victorious.

did you honeslty not read my post, i die from random shit.

I'm fine when I do dumb shit or that "maybe just one more hotel.." and die, but it's pretty frustrating when you glitch off a ladder midway.

Stay more north and stay out of the bigger towns once you get decent gear. Also don't server hop around... try and stick with just a couple servers or one.

thats just how DayZ is..

it would be boring as shit if everyone geared up and then never died/lost anything.

im not into PVP, but i zero problems with dieing (no matter how) and starting over..

you basicly just need to learn to not get atached to your gear.

And I just did it again!! I climbed that huge ass tower and when I got to the top a weird icon popped up.Apparently its a let go of the ladder your climbing and I clicked it and fell straight down.WTF is that even there for......darwin button to kill off all the idiots!! ARGGGHHH