Sign in to follow this  
Swens123

Best day in DayZ

So I made an account to tell everyone of my great day playing DayZ today, and to see other stories from other players.

Having upgraded my PC, i hopped into a brand new server to start fresh, there, i was met by an Admin, who I had a nice conversation with and who told me the server was brand new, so go out searching ( he dropped a item box as a gift, and i feel to the temptation of getting the DMR, but it was canceled due to finding a DMR like two buildings away, so I don't feel bad anymore, lol), anyways, after gettign all kitted out (DMR, Ghuille,L85 from some dead dude), and all equiptment, which i found looking for car parts for a bus, which i finally fixed, which then immediately lost a wheel. Feeling sad, because of all the work i just did, hope struck again, there, a fully working motorcycle, just in the middle of the road, and with enough fuel to get me out of that hellhole Cherno! Leaving on my new found freedom (dodging players along the way, not everyone is as friendly as me)(also, i'm in a hero skin, when out of ghuille, and am generally friendly, provided you never come near me with a drawn weapon, and am always willing to help out), I made my way to Stary, where I proceeded to do some grocery shopping, as i saw no animals on the way, and i didn't have much in the way of beverages. while in Stary, I heard the cracking of an LMG. not chancing my odds, I proceed out of the city, quick as possible. now on my way again, with decent gear, and food and water (hurt sad to say), I made my way up to what is now my new base, and am now sitting looking out over to the NW airfeild.

All in all, this was a great day.

(sorry for the poor grammer and structure, it's very late when typing)

So what great things have happened to you guys.

P.S. I saw a white car in the military base in stary, it looked drive able but i got up there and could do nothing with it, is it just scenery? If someone knows, please let me know.

• Like 2

Impressive!

Today I found my first ghillie suit, and got an SVD Camo off a dead guy. It was so amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Cool, and the car is part of the map scenery. Once a friend saw it and proceeded to bitch about how it was a glitched vehicle and why we can't find any vehicles was because of it.

Edited by Shrimpy223
  • Like 2

Cool, and the car is part of the map scenery. Once a friend saw it and proceeded to bitch about how it was a glitched vehicle and why we can't find any vehicles was because of it.

That's what i figured, but it's good to get conformation. today I went down to the airfeild and chanced upon a heli crash sight! there were 3 Bizons there as well (only one mag of ammo (:[ ) ) as well as some medical supplies. The location is scarce on animals though, lol

Impressive!

Today I found my first ghillie suit, and got an SVD Camo off a dead guy. It was so amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks to you as well, the forests are now a bit more dangerous eh? :P

That's what i figured, but it's good to get conformation. today I went down to the airfeild and chanced upon a heli crash sight! there were 3 Bizons there as well (only one mag of ammo (:[ ) ) as well as some medical supplies. The location is scarce on animals though, lol

Awesome, my first helicopter crash site was on the road out of Krasnostav it had 2 M249 SAW's with no ammo. One I traded and the other we lost when our camp was raided by hackers. We know they were hackers because we caught them looting our base. My friend died and met them about 5 minutes later in Electro and one of them spawned an L85 AWS in front of him.

• Like 1

Awesome, my first helicopter crash site was on the road out of Krasnostav it had 2 M249 SAW's with no ammo. One I traded and the other we lost when our camp was raided by hackers. We know they were hackers because we caught them looting our base. My friend died and met them about 5 minutes later in Electro and one of them spawned an L85 AWS in front of him.

My condolences on the loss of your gear due to some dick script kiddies, wish we could get them all out, it'd make things less stressful, when you are way up north and are afraid of getting tele'd back to the coast, when all your stuff is in a tent near NE Airfield.

Me and my friend started to go to the NE Airfield with our UAZ I found freshly spawned yesterday. On the way we found a Ural we took with us. After checking the NE Airfield, checking some car spawns and fueling up in berezino we thought it is good to stop for today and going back to our base. On the way back I drove a bit to fast and crashed against a tree. There was no way to took our gear, because it immediately started to burn.

Disappointed we were driving back and found 2 heli crashsites which gave me a DMR and my friend got a FAL + some spare guns we put in the Ural.

For us it was one of the best days, because nobody of us died (which happens nearly everyday :D ), we found some nice gear. We only need ghillesuits and night visions.

Me and my friend started to go to the NE Airfield with our UAZ I found freshly spawned yesterday. On the way we found a Ural we took with us. After checking the NE Airfield, checking some car spawns and fueling up in berezino we thought it is good to stop for today and going back to our base. On the way back I drove a bit to fast and crashed against a tree. There was no way to took our gear, because it immediately started to burn.

Disappointed we were driving back and found 2 heli crashsites which gave me a DMR and my friend got a FAL + some spare guns we put in the Ural.

For us it was one of the best days, because nobody of us died (which happens nearly everyday :D ), we found some nice gear. We only need ghillesuits and night visions.

Epic. My friend and I found/nicked a Ural in Cherno. We took it to Electro to fix it up then bam! Hackers smashed the server to bits. My friend got remote controlled as I got in to the vehicle, killing me with his Mk48 and destroying the Ural. We then generally got scripted around the map a bit, insta-killed and buildings got blown up.

But we have met friendly hackers who have been helpful. We did some fun shit together.

Great day playing. My friend and I spawn in north from previous games and he's near a tree stand. As soon as he is in he sees a burning van and gets blasted. He said he returned fire but it appeared no damage. We both start in a new server and head to the airfield. The server restarts and bam! back at the coast for me. He's where we left. I get to him but on the way find Stanag SD, range finder, and assorted goodies in the deerstands and such. Before we logged out I gave a blood transfusion and made hero skin. Now I need some wheels.

My best day In DayZ: Me in a Group of 7 spawned all near kamenka ,founded a Crashed heli with some nice loot. I got a mk 98 mod0 with some mags, 2 friends gets AS50. After that we decidet to trvel to elektro for loot and some supplies. In the middle of the street I shot a group of Bandits in their Cars and so the whole group gets some very Nice Guns. After that we travel to NW Airfield where we repair a heli.

Now then boys and girls here is a story that will leave you in awe and wonder. So sit back, relax and pull out the popcorn.

So there I was with 4 of my friends, kitted out to the teeth with camo clothing, M249's, M107's, DMR's and M4A1 CCO SD's, all with night vision gps and the works. We had set up a highly fortified position in the castle Zub (near Vyshnoye). We had a bus, 2 ATV's, a motorbike and a Gaz. All stocked with food, medical supplies and guns, with ammo to spare. I had set out to cherno on one atv with my friend Garrow to get some more petrol for the bus, as the cherno was just in sight the guys back up at the castle had reported sightings of zombies spawning in Mogilevka and Vyshnoye. There were players nearby.

So I got the fuel and returned as fast as I possibly could. I was around 1km away from the castle when they said they were under attack from a 7 bandits. Myself and Garrow ditched the ATV in a forest and thanks to our ghillie suits we snuck up on the castle. There were smoke grenades filling the fields and rounds being emptied constantly. They had 2 M249 gunners in the South eastern field suppressing the top of the tower and the windows. I could see 2 bandits, one with a M1014 and the other with an AKS 74-kobra, running up the towards the trees. I luckily had a M107 and my friend had a DMR We zeroed our scopes and took them both out at the same time. One of the M249 gunners saw us and suppressed us like a bitch. One smoke grenade and relocation later we had ourselves another synchronized take out, both M249 gunners were down. At this moment in time we had only lost one man and they had lost 5. So the odds were 4 against 2. The two remaining bandits stormed the castle gate, one of them breaking his leg by a carefully placed bear trap and then being shot in the head by our rooftop gunner. The remaining bandit ran into the tower, pulled out a frag grenade and launched it into the second story of the tower, killing my one man and wounding another. Myself and Garrow ran up to the castle gates, I pulled out my M4A1 from my rucksack and we breached the tower. The bandit was sitting on the stairs aiming at the 2nd story gap in the floor. I lined up the shot and took him down.

This is where the shit hits the fan. After this 20-30minute fire fight we had looted the bodies and taken ourselves NVG's, Guns and a mountain dew. Then we heard it... I was on the roof with the now fixed Alex when we saw a helicopter flying towards us, guns blazing. We ran into the castle and they deployed themselves on the roof and in the courtyard, it was 3 against the unknown at a spartan hell pass moment. With m249's aimed at the doors and stairs we mowed down all of the assaulting bandits and when we made sure it was clear (thanks to frag grenades) we went up to the roof to see if we could spot any other assaulting people. The chopper returned and we emptied 400 rounds from our M249's into this metal bird of destruction. It crashed into the town of Vyshnoye and that is the end of my story. Not bad for your second day in the game huh.

• Like 3

Glad you had such a good day, Swens. I'm running around right now on a server, trying to get a bit of dayz in as my broadband is due to shut down for a few days while the network is updated later today. But I had to come post - I just saw something greenish on the ground in cherno, in an apartment block - I found my first ever Mountain Dew! I can't believe it. All these months I've been playing and almost missed it because it was just some odd green and white thing on the floor but as I didn't recognise it I decided to try to pick it up - and there it was! :thumbsup:

Glad you had such a good day, Swens. I'm running around right now on a server, trying to get a bit of dayz in as my broadband is due to shut down for a few days while the network is updated later today. But I had to come post - I just saw something greenish on the ground in cherno, in an apartment block - I found my first ever Mountain Dew! I can't believe it. All these months I've been playing and almost missed it because it was just some odd green and white thing on the floor but as I didn't recognise it I decided to try to pick it up - and there it was! :thumbsup:

I remember finding my first mountain dew...twas a coveted item indeed.

Now then boys and girls here is a story that will leave you in awe and wonder. So sit back, relax and pull out the popcorn.

This is indeed a good story but i have one that may be of equal status :P

Long story short ive been playing dayz for about a week now and within the first two days i never understood why the death rate was so high until i found my first human player about 2 clicks east of elektro. shot me down immediatly after seeing me run away for exactly 3 cans of food, two chemlights, a czech bag and a makarov with 3 mags. About 3 days latter with the help from my brother (pox11224) we gathered two tents, about 80 items worth of medical and food supplies, 12 different weapons ranging from the AS50 to the AKs- Kobra, a gps along with all the other possible tool belt items, one ATV and learning the knowledge of four different tent outposts that have at least one tent in each site. This all occured mostly on the third day in about a 3 hour period (im saying this because i know alot of you will say it took longer but to me, my brother and the clock it was 3 hours). This should explain how we did such a feat

Going for our last run to elektro for ammo and food to last us a month or two near stary sobor we noticed zombies walking around before we even hit the market. As we are about to enter the super market shots were fired off sounding like a Remington. As we enter the building we noticed that they were not being shot off from the market but literally right next door from the pub. immediatly i was shot in the leg and the dreaded game over popped up. As for my brother i have no clue what happened besides that he was able to run off north for about 5 minutes before he was shot in the leg and died. The colateral damage from this run was the loss of my AS50, my brothers AKs- Kobra, about 8 medical supplies, two alice bags with extra ammo inside of it, about 2 days worth of cooked meat and water bottles. However, what was unknown to the both of us while i waited to enter the game, i somehow magically spawned with my previous ammo, weapon and medical supplied besides the cooked meat i have gotton off a cow before the whole incident. i called for my brother to see this weird glitch and as he was watching he too just spawned next to me after he was shot and killed. We had already knew where we were since it was about a 10 min hike away from elektro and we were already waiting nearby a town that already had zombies in it.

At that point knowing this is in alpha stage i told him to run back and hope to find camping tents in stary sobor rather than try elektro again. We trekked up the moutain side till we hit staroye and i recalled a deer stand to the east of the town not far away from the road leading to msta. we were already too north to try and go around the southern side of the town so we took the high ground around it. Once we hit around the points 092100 (please hope i just didnt flip the coords around) my brother heard a vehicle stop and gunshots being fired. He however did not realize that infront of us a bandit stopped with his atv behind him to shoot zombies before entering the town. With no questions seeing him hold a AKM and firing towards our direction hitting the zombies rather us i took the shot and downed him. Apparently within this game there are rage quitters too cause right as he was shot, i checked the "players" section on the map screen to see that he left along with one other person on the server.

immediatly doing the survivor thing we scavenged his body to find he has all but a compass on him, one akm with ammo, 2 cans of food a waterbottle, a camping tent, a silenced m9 and a jerry can. futher inspecting the vehicle it had literally 200m worth of gas in it and ammo for the akm. The atv also had three tires that neded repair and looked like it was shot at but everything on the hud for it seemed fine.

so far i explained everything but the tent sites i found. Out of pure luck the ATV with no gas will roll down hills as if it was in neutral. on our way down the hill we spotted not one but two tents together at the bottom of the hill. At this point this is where we found the real loot that involved all the medical supplies. While trekking back up around the coord 094098 (im sure this is the points because ive been there multiple times already) there was not 2 or 3 but about 6 tents. These tents had most of the weapons we found that day but barely any ammo as well as 2 of the tents being completely empty. To me and my brother it seemed like someone ransacked here and did not take the guns and civilian clothes. Knowing that when you put on a camo or ghilie suit you drop your civilian clothes we immediatly started runing true north to run away from any ghillie snipers in the area. We found a good spot to put our tents down up the road and started heading back. Before we went back for the weapons we wanted to wait for the last person to leave the server so there was no way we would die looting the tents or elektro again. On our way back through the woods heading to the log off point we normally go to near elektro, within that area around 102104 another site was spotted including one double barreled shotgun with loads of different types of ammo and some food.

this story to me is bizzare all on its own and honestly could not have happened if it was not for the glitch that spawned us near staroye. If anyone is wondering why i can recall all of this is because this is literally the third day from the story that ive been playing where ive been lucky with my brother. i was hoping to find some other story that involved this glitch similair to when you wear a ghillie you may spawn in the ocean. Hopefully someone will figure out why this happened but overall this is the one glitch ive met that actually aided both me and my brother with no sort of reprocussion... unless a admin reads this and takes all of our gear away :/

Edited by pox11223

My new favorite DayZ experience happend just a few days ago. Me and my friend Nate had decided to head up to the NWAF once again. This would be our second trip there, hoping to aquire some better weapons, or a pair of the fabled NVGs. Our last trip had resulted in being overrun by the dead, along with two friendly players we'd met along the way, and barely escaping with our lives. Since we'd used all our supplies in the escape, Nate and the other two died from a wandering group after I volunteered to find supplies. Being the sole survivor is kind of depressing.

Having enough food to make it to the AF, but not back, we stopped in Zelenogorsk to raid the suermarket and make sure we had enough supplies for a round trip. We had done the same about 30 minutes earlier in Balota, where we'd encountered a player name Buddy (not exact, but I can't remember his actual name) in the control tower. I fired on him, and gotten him pretty good, but he alt-f4'd before he actually died. We took stock of our ammo, and headed into the Zeleno supermarket for our food. I checked the player list. Perhaps 4-5 other players were on, including Buddy. Aparently he'd logged back in when he felt safe.

It was the dead of night upon entering. I tossed a flare out into the parking lot, not on our exact position, but enough to give us light to see by. Our first mistake. We had been virtually undetected by the dead on our way in, and were cleaning the store of all its essential supplies when Nate complained about not being able to see in the back. Without waiting, he threw a flare of his own directly on to our position, inside the store. "Goddamnit Nate, we're still in here!" I swore at him, moving into the back along with him. Telling him to take what he needed fast, so we could get out soon, he followed me into the small room at the back of the supermarket. I had my Glock 17 trained on the outside, when the muzzle of a silenced M4 poked through the doorway leading back into the store. The assailant was wearing a bandit skin and had a bead on Nate, pulling the trigger and sending hot lead into my friend at close range. I opened up on him, emptying half of my magazine into his chest before he turned and ran. During the initial moments of his ambush, he'd also hit me with a few rounds. Giving chase, I saw him again and put another 5-6 rounds into him before he escaped into the front of the store. Shit, is he still alive? I didn't see him die. I screamed "We got company!" as Nate jacked another shell into his Remington. Then the bandit's friends opened fire.

From outside the store it seemed as if every player on the server was out to get us. I yanked out my AKM as zombies began to pour in through all entrances, with the aditional hazard of hot lead coming from all directions. No sense in stealth now, I told myself. I went full auto on the deadheads filing through the doors, seeing no other option to keep us from being trapped. The back of the store was small and cramped even when it was empty, so having legions of the undead fill it would make movement impossible. Nate and I fought our way to the other side of the store, still holding out in back. Nate was far more wounded that I was, so he covered me with his shotgun as I bandaged him. Then, from outside, another of the bandits took aim on us. Going prone and shooting into the store through the slit windows in back, the bandit took Nate across the chest with a long burst from his Kobra. I stood, taking a hit or two myself as I returned fire. Bullets pinged into the wall around me, as more zombies shuffled in to finish us off. Nate fell unconcious, just as the last of my rounds slammed through the bandit's skull and left him bleeding and dead in the dirt as the zombies finally swarmed him as well. Then the death message: Buddy has been killed. The sonofabitch and his friends must have followed us from Balota after I shot him up! I bandaged myself in the small room as 5-6 zombies came through the doors, Nate unconcious beside me. I dropped two, maybe three before I realized that the entire city was converging on our position.

I looked to Nate, laying there, bleeding. Then to the zombies shuffling in. Then to the door leading back into the front of the store. Ok, I thought to myself. It's either be eaten alive trying to save Nate, or run for the door and take my chances with the bandits. I didn't have time to think. It's the hard choices like these that decide who makes it in the apocalypse. Oh, fuck me. "I'm sorry Nate. There's too many." I sprint for the momentarily clear door to the front of the supermarket, as the undead converge on Nate's unmoving form less than seconds after I flee. He begins screaming as dead teeth rip into him. The sounds of his crys were blocked out almost instantly by more gunfire. The dead, fast outside the building, had converged on the remaining bandits. I spyed one in the parking lot, crouched and bandaging with his back to me. I reloaded my empty Glock and let loose. The rounds tore into his back and, unable to finish his bandaging, he regained his senses and fled around the corner. Almost immediately, I heard him scream. He must have been surrounded by zombies, and taken down.

Time to get the fuck out of here, I thought. Nate was dead. The store was swarming with deadheads. I'd been shot up good. I limped out the front, and prayed that the remaining bandits would be too busy dealing with the horde to worry about chasing me down. Beginning to sprint to the forest south of town, a lone zombie picked up my scent and followed me. Barely making it into the forest, I turned to face my lone pursuer. In the dead of night, I missed my first, and only, shot. The dead bastard hit me, and with my blood loss, my leg broke. On the ground he hit me again, sending me into unconciousness. As I lay there, the zombie beginning to eat me, I gave up. This is it, I told myself. A good run, but aparently not good enough. Then I heard a call. "Friendly!" the man screamed, silently dispatching the zombie attacking me. Coming back to conciousness a few seconds later, I was startled to find my saviour wearing a bandit skin. After assuring me he truly was friendly, I asked if he had bandages to stop my bleeding. He said no, but gave me a blood transfusion to keep me from dying on him. Taking me to the middle of the field I had just fled across, he revealed two bodies to me. Both were bandits, shot dead.

"I saw these guys hauling as toward the forest I found you in," he informed me. "After that giant shootout I heard down there, I didn't wanna take any chances, so I took'em out." I realized that these two must have been the friends of the bandits that died down in Zeleno, as well as that my new friend had just saved my life twice in 5 minutes. When I asked him if he was hurt, he informed me he'd been shot a few times during the scuffle. I told him Nate and I had been ambushed, that I'd killed one and heard another die. He asked where Nate was, and told him that there had been no choice when I left him behind. We went back down to the supermarket to salvage items from the bodies. I told him to take everything he wanted. He could get first pick on all the bodies after saving my life. I took what I needed to get back down to the coast, maybe find a hospital and patch myself up the rest of the way. I was low on ammo and meds, but had plenty of food. Ironic, that the food we needed for our survival ended up being Nate's death. I told my saviour that I would be heading out now, preferably alone. I needed to get back down to the coast, find Nate, find more ammo...all the usual things. But before I left, he asked me one thing.

"You got any STANAG mags, partner? I'm running a little low." I answered no, thinking nothing of it until my friend turned around. There, on his back, was his weapon. The weapon he'd used to save me, and kill the bandits who chased me to the forest. A silenced M4. I backed slowly out, keeping an eye on him and the supermarket as I vanished south toward the coast.

I just went to the airfield. I saw a heli crash on the way, but I didn't take anything (didn't want the Bizon). As I was walking around when I saw a guy in a ghillie suit, he was about to shoot me but I killed him with a Lee Enfield. I took his gear. DMR with 5 mags, M9 suppressed, Range Finder, GPS, food and water. Needless to say, I will be going back to the airfield soon.