Sign in to follow this  
TZUGARIS

Zombies should be able to bleed out.

I always thought it was weird that when a survivor gets shot (Besides the head) that he would start to bleed and without bandages, eventually die.

Now when I look at zombies they can actually die if you shoot them a number of times in the chest. Now wouldn't it makes sense if zombies could eventually bleed out if they are shot or injured?

-TZU

• Like 2

I always thought it was weird that when a survivor gets shot (Besides the head) that he would start to bleed and without bandages, eventually die.

Now when I look at zombies they can actually die if you shoot them a number of times in the chest. Now wouldn't it makes sense if zombies could eventually bleed out if they are shot or injured?

-TZU

Yes, you're right. They are infected with pumping hearts.

Yeh say 2-3 shots with one of the lower grade pistols and after 10-15 sec of chasing they will keel over and die?

Considering they are in fact infected rather than 'undead'. So yeah. Would be an alright idea if they did have some sort of bleed-out mechanic similar to us survivors. I've never really thought about it until now.

It really depends on how Rocket intends the virus to work. In regular zombies for example the virus clots the blood so zombies don't bleed, or at least not as much as they should. The same could be true for the infected. I just don't think it should be that easy to kill them.

It really depends on how Rocket intends the virus to work. In regular zombies for example the virus clots the blood so zombies don't bleed, or at least not as much as they should. The same could be true for the infected. I just don't think it should be that easy to kill them.

But that makes no sense. What would shooting the zombie anywhere but the head do to it if blood was not a factor?

Well I didn't want the zombies to bleed internally but more like the zombies bleeding for a few seconds or minuets (depending where its hit)

If they had a blood meter mechanic like survivors it would be very cool. Like the zombies having 500 blood and it would just go lower the more its damaged.

Edited by TZUGARIS

If they have hearts, which I think they do as they're just infected survivors, then yeah, they should. Nice suggestion!

But that makes no sense. What would shooting the zombie anywhere but the head do to it if blood was not a factor?

Okay, so why does 'the wound closing due to clotting' make no sense? It doesn't mean there is no blood flow at all, just that wounds close up fast.

Zombies and Infected don't make a lot of sense to begin with and most people thing they should be made harder to deal with and not easier.

Zombies and Infected don't make a lot of sense to begin with ...

There is a big difference between something being not real and something being not logical. A mutated form of the rabies virus could lead to something like a zombie infection. Dead people coming out of their graves, on the other hand, without a pretty good explaination how this could work is fantasy and unlogical. Zombies that aren't bleeding are therefore unrealistic, although zombies don't exist in the first place.

There is a big difference between something being not real and something being not logical. A mutated form of the rabies virus could lead to something like a zombie infection. Dead people coming out of their graves, on the other hand, without a pretty good explaination how this could work is fantasy and unlogical. Zombies that aren't bleeding are therefore unrealistic, although zombies don't exist in the first place.

Complete and utter bullshit. You're contradicting yourself. Just because you can't comprehend the reasons doesn't mean it's 'unrealistic'.

First, it's premature to argue how realistic this would be, due to us not knowing the nature of the virus itself. Maybe the virus does act as a rapid clotting agent, and closes wounds quickly.

Second, this wouldn't be such a bad mechanic, but zeds don't need to be easier to kill, if anything they need to be much harder. I wouldn't mind seeing gratifying spurts of blood gushing from a zed after shooting it, but unless I nailed the infected thing in the head, it should just probably start shambling my way with a little less happy attitude.

Complete and utter bullshit. You're contradicting yourself. Just because you can't comprehend the reasons doesn't mean it's 'unrealistic'.

I would like to know what exactly is bullshit and where I'm contradicting myself! But since I read some replies of yours I know that the chances to get a useful answer are pretty low.

But I'm a nice guy and so I try to explain this to you in a easier way:

real = existing in the real world, unreal = not existing in the real world

example: unicorns are not real.

logical = making sense inside a concept, unlogical = not making sense with the conditions and explanations given

example: It's unlogical that zombies (infected) can stay alive for ever without eating

realistic = (here it gets tricky, since it has two meanings) 1. logical 2. a high chance that it actually happend, unrealistic = 1. unlogical 2. low chance that it actually happend

to find out which of the meanings is used, you have to take a look at the context

First, it's premature to argue how realistic this would be, due to us not knowing the nature of the virus itself. Maybe the virus does act as a rapid clotting agent, and closes wounds quickly.

Second, this wouldn't be such a bad mechanic, but zeds don't need to be easier to kill, if anything they need to be much harder. I wouldn't mind seeing gratifying spurts of blood gushing from a zed after shooting it, but unless I nailed the infected thing in the head, it should just probably start shambling my way with a little less happy attitude.

If it does work as a rapid clotting agent, zombies should have strokes and heart attacks... Nah, just kidding. But my argument wasn't actually about this topic, I just wanted to show that you can't argue with "it doesn't matter if X is unrealisitc, because Y doesn't exist in the first place".

And second, read my post. I'm the least person who wants to get them killed easier... (don't think this is proper english) I want them to be much harder just as you want it

Edited by Fuenke

I asked someone this once, and apperently its because all their blood is gone/dried out (why you see blood all over their face and body according to zombie 'myths') but I do think they should drop after you shoot them.

I asked someone this once, and apperently its because all their blood is gone/dried out (why you see blood all over their face and body according to zombie 'myths') but I do think they should drop after you shoot them.

are you joking? the blood is on their face and body cause they kill and in some movies/books/stories even eat humans. And a zombie (who was a human once) with no blood is exactly the mystical unrealistic voodo version of a zombie I personally don't like.

The most accepted "canon" zombie myth is that the zombie virus somehow regenerates cells and that's what reanimates the dead and stops bleeding and all that. Obviously this does not apply to DayZ.

The most accepted "canon" zombie myth is that the zombie virus somehow regenerates cells and that's what reanimates the dead and stops bleeding and all that. Obviously this does not apply to DayZ.

Obviously this is just a mod where there's AI shit that runs at you and hits you. This is a mod. I'm sure Rocket didn't sit there for a few hours contemplating all the different aspects of the zombies in this mod and relate everything back to what's realistic and what's logical. They're infected, not dead.

GET OVER IT.

By the way, Terrorviktor, that wasn't really directed at you, even though I did quote you (sorry about that). But rather everyone arguing about this stupid topic.

By the way, Terrorviktor, that wasn't really directed at you, even though I did quote you (sorry about that). But rather everyone arguing about this stupid topic.

No worries! I would be the first one to agree that arguing about fiction is rather pointless... sadly it is also very fun to do so. :)

And what I wrote above wasn't really adding anything to this particular discussion anyway, I just like discussing zombie lore.

Well first off, stop using the word realistic as Day-Z is meant to be authentic. Authentic to a certain zombie genre.

Second, being that zombies themselves are not real, you can tweak the virus as you wish to answer any and all of your disputes. As mentioned, something that mutates the body to clot much quicker than a normal human.

Third, there's a point when you can't sacrifice what makes complete sense in our world for what makes a game fun and challenging. Don't suggest something to be clever, suggest something for Day-Z that belongs in a zombie simulator and also IMPROVES it.

Fourth...Graveyard!

Edited by Lights Out

Why?

I'm not trying to be an asshole, even though my previous post probably makes it sound that way. However, a suggestion that would basically kill much of the difficulty in the game belongs in the graveyard. Reference my third point for the reason.

The graveyard is a place where useless thread should end up (duplicates, rants, spam and such). This is a useful discussion with a valid idea. :) Just because not everyone agrees that it is a GOOD idea does not matter. :)

In my opinion it would not kill the difficulty, just open up for new tactics. It takes a while for a player to bleed out as well so it would not be like a zombie would fall over after a few seconds. Add to that the probability of a lot more infected roaming about in the future and it probably won't change much in the difficulty department.