Sign in to follow this  
extortionator

How to get my tent back.

I am a fairly recent player to Dayz, but I acquired the skills of surviving quite easily after watching some youtube clips of Frankie playing Dayz.

I have seen and done alot of what you can do in the mod, but still got a long way to go in learning everything there is to learn about overcoming the zombie Apocalypse.

One of the things that has annoyed me for a while now, is that when I pitch my tent, I usually like to put it under a pine tree so as it is harder to see.

The thing that annoys me though, is that when I come back to pack it up, I cant pick it back up and place it in my inventory. I think it may have something to do with the leaves covering it or something, but I would love a proper explaination, and even a solution if there is one. I would love to know, cuz right now I have about 5 tents all packed up in their balls, underneath trees, and they seem to not want to get picked up at all. Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Cheers, Extortionator

You hit it on the head there - if you place them in such a way that the packed tents are under the leaves and un lootable its because of the trees themselves.

I've lost a tent in the past after placing it under a tree and tried for about an hour to retrieve it with no luck, I'm pretty sure there is no way around that bug unless someone else knows of one, just accept the loss and in future try to find a small cluster of trees and place it in between them all but not directly under the branches, unless it's a tent that you wont want to move at any point.

sometimes that is a lost cause trying to pick them up i had the same issue when i pitched a tent and the guy stepped forward before pitching.. if you go prone and press right alt you can free look around and look at the tie at the top hopefully the option will pop up if you looked around for a bit and no luck give up and find a new tent

I've lost a tent in the past after placing it under a tree and tried for about an hour to retrieve it with no luck, I'm pretty sure there is no way around that bug unless someone else knows of one, just accept the loss and in future try to find a small cluster of trees and place it in between them all but not directly under the branches, unless it's a tent that you wont want to move at any point.

yeah i used to put them in trees but after a server restart one time it moved back about a foot never got back into it

Placing a tent in a good spot is a bit of an art form. You can't place it too close to the trunk of the tree or you will have trouble using it. If you can get just the right angle so that it's hard to spot but just barely accessable. This is what you want. You will have to go prone and click the button that looks down your sights. Point at the tent at a close distance and you should be able to access it.

Edited by Rhoak