FunkyHermitCrab (DayZ)

Client-Side Modifications

So it sounds like a lot of people support this' date=' but I am still waiting for an official response... too bad they all finally went to sleep

[/quote']

Maybe link or ask this thread to be merged with your thread about the same thing in suggestions.

I'm looking forward to ArmA3's smoother movement and I agree that ArmA2's movement is clunky and unforgiving. I've bleed out to a doorway too, then again, doing a 180 turn with a rifle, stretched out prone on the threshold, isn't something you can do in most RL doorways.

However I do like what ArmA is trying to do, making the player's body a part of the world. Where you can't stop on a dime and have to recover your aim. Where you can't smoothly slice the pie in a narrow corridor with a Lee Enfield and a bulky backpack. I'll rather accept the bulky movements, than go in the complete opposite direction, where you're just a floating head with a crosshair.

I'm looking forward to ArmA3's smoother movement and I agree that ArmA2's movement is clunky and unforgiving. I've bleed out to a doorway too' date=' then again, doing a 180 turn with a rifle, stretched out prone on the threshold, isn't something you can do in most RL doorways.

However I do like what ArmA is trying to do, making the player's body a part of the world. Where you can't stop on a dime and have to recover your aim. Where you can't smoothly slice the pie in a narrow corridor with a Lee Enfield and a bulky backpack. I'll rather accept the bulky movements, than go in the complete opposite direction, where you're just a floating head with a crosshair.

[/quote']

I dont see people doing that i mean most people i have seen camp on hills and in towers so i dont think people would be in a door way if they are they are a little dumb also going to campers some site on the other side of doors where they know its hard for someone to enter and look at them since you cant enter in side ways and look around 1st

Try to walk through a door sideways with a long rifle in real life without lowering the rifle...

This is what the alt key is for, looking side to side. TrackIR would probably be great...

in real life you could lower you're weapon just for a split second to walk into a doorway sideways, you cant to that in arma 2, so removing this behavior is totally legit to me. but until rocket implements something like that into dayz i wouldn't use the mod.

Actually you can. Tab Ctrl-ctrl to lower the rifle, press fire to raise it.

I myself have been in plenty of CQB environments and training scenarios to know that with any weapon you can get through any doorway in any position, if you know what you are doing and how to do it properly.

I have many methods to help fix this a2 bug without using a mod, but it involves sacrificing 1 section of the pie, for those who know what I'm talking about.

And to anyone who wants to know if this works and servers allow it I will FRAPS my experience right now. Hopefully I don't get banned.. Worst case I'll be kicked just prior to joining like everyone else who forgot to turn on certain modfolders.. BRB.

And to anyone who wants to know if this works and servers allow it I will FRAPS my experience right now. Hopefully I don't get banned.. Worst case I'll be kicked just prior to joining like everyone else who forgot to turn on certain modfolders.. BRB.

You can't get banned for it, but if it doesn't work you will be kicked from the server for having invalid key or something along those lines. Goodluck!

Why dont Day-Z staff implement this? ROFL.

It's awesome and I will use this, if Day-Z say its not allowed they better implement it, else they're retarded, this is a very nice fix!

Signed.

I myself have been in plenty of CQB environments and training scenarios to know that with any weapon you can get through any doorway in any position' date=' if you know what you are doing and how to do it properly.

[/quote']

So I guess there was a law in this particular area before DayZ struck that enforced that all doorways are exactly the same width, as in your little training scenarios?

Not to mention that there are a variety of different sized backpacks that the players are wearing in this game. What if they were packed hastily and something were bulging out a bit more than expected? There are different sized men in this world as well and that might make their passage through a door a little bit more of a challenge. Also, some men are more nimble than others.

Also, this mod is a bit non-specific as to who or what you are. As far as we know you are a relatively normal person that washed up on a beach - not some CQB'd leet haxor that can cart wheel through any door with any unlimited number of weapons, backpacks, and etc. with the nimbleness of a fairy.

While doorway entry/exit does need to be cleaned up somewhat, this video show an arcade version of Arma/DayZ that I don't agree with. Maybe it can be this way IF you drop your pack and all non-essential equipment first.