dds__@hotmail.com

Do you have a "home" server? or do you roam?

Up until now I've played random servers depending on ping. Now that I have my account unbanned, my friend and I are thinking of picking a server that we routinely frequent.

Do you play on a primary server? or do you like to hop around? I could see a little more community growth if we actually got to know some of the other players. Then again... maybe I don't want to know them heh.

Our group hangs out on 1 server. We find raiders comming in from different servers every now and then but with the section of the map we control it's a death sentence. We expect activity to increase once everyone is required to run the beta patch.

I was playing on one server until I installed the beta patch, now nights are well...nights and now I have to play wherever its day.

I was playing on one server until I installed the beta patch' date=' now nights are well...nights and now I have to play wherever its day.

[/quote']

I find nights to be a whole lot safer than the day.

I used to bounce when I first started but I got tired of that real quick. Found a good hardcore updated beta server with no third person and I stay there.

Cool. I'm still not sure what I think about the nights. I've done my share of camping up here in Canada. I've never experienced a night as dark as they come in DayZ.

I used to roam, until i setup about 8 tents across NY8, then they were all wiped in a server restart or something, and have since updated to 1.7 (unlike NY8, i think, which is still on 1.6.0.1) so now i stick to US1 when i can, as i have 5 tents on there now.

Currently looking for a home server. UK 6 is a hotspot of my mine but I don't like that you can see name tags - I frequent a lot of the Atlanta and Chicago ones too. Still looking.

I did at one time have a server that I preferred but then out of the blue without explanation all of the server parameters got changed one day. I have been hopping around different servers since then to try and find a new "home". Not even the clan webpage for the server gave any indication or warning about this change. It's a shame too as I was definitely planning to join their clan until this happened as they seemed to be a good bunch of like minded players to myself.

I've never actually had much choice on servers once I found out the advantage bandits have on 3rd person view.

There is only 2 servers with 1st person only that have decent ping in my area. I find it much easier to survive though as I can scope out a town for bandits since they have to look out windows in 1st person.