rocket

How important is NAT Negotiation to server hosters?

Important of NAT Negotiation  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Do you run servers behind NAT? (unforwarded)

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know
  2. 2. Do you think NAT negotiation is a required feature for our servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know

Good lord please no Gamespy! Im an idiot and even I can see how bad it is!

IP address server can also be modified, as long as we have enough decoding software.

I just ask that you please don't base the next update on one servers version of the dayz mod. The 1.7.3 update failed because you reintroduced bugs that were fixed in 1.7.2.5 and 1.7.2.6 (Vehicle Damage, Humanity etc etc). And please don't call "Not being able to eat and drink in a car" a new feature, it's obviously an unintended side-effect.

Cheers.

Edit: I suppose this post doesn't have anything to do with NAT so just ignore it. I won't delete the content as I do think it's food for thought.

Edited by Caffeind

I agree yeah we can use port forwarding etc and all of that or that automatic port forwarding protocal i forgot the name of for it but I'd honestly really like to see you guys get away from gamespy, their server stuff is just awful.

Port forwarding is difficult for beginning users, and lots of people would get frustrated with doing it every time they want to play on a different computer or their local ip changes. Also, UPnP (I assume you mean UPnP) is not for WAN port forwarding it is generally used for local device discovery and local port forwarding, would be useful for LAN.

Port forwarding is difficult for beginning users, and lots of people would get frustrated with doing it every time they want to play on a different computer or their local ip changes. Also, UPnP (I assume you mean UPnP) is not for WAN port forwarding it is generally used for local device discovery and local port forwarding, would be useful for LAN.

You are talking about the client. This thread is about the server.

Anyway.. No, port forwarding is not difficult... unless perhaps the user is blind and their screen reader struggles with the web interface of their router.. then it could be difficult.

Can we please get away from the idea that everyone is stupid and it's ok for them to stay stupid?

• Like 1

Closing this. Gamespy is gone. Bye, Gamespy... that's what happens when you don't update your technology for like ten years.

• Like 4