Hooch180

How to use full backpack and inventory

Hello.

I'm new. I read many guides but I can't find answer to this.

I have full backpack and full inventory. I want to use item from backpack.

What is the easiest way to do it?

Drop items in inventory on the ground switch items u want to use from backpack, then use them and then pick items back up.

Drop items in inventory on the ground switch items u want to use from backpack, then use them and then pick items back up.

Is this really the only way?

It is not good designed in my opinion.

For a more secure way, use drop the inventory object into a loot pile that is already there, or else you will risk loosing the item you've dropped on the ground. This is especially important with weapons (So if you need to drop a weapon on the ground, you can drop for example a magazine first, and then drop the weapon in there).

• Like 1

Of course, dropping something at all risks losing it, loot pile or not. If you drop something, and the server or your Internet connection goes down for a while, your item may not be there when you reconnect. So, for this reason, you should always drop the lowest priority items, then move your higher priority items into or out of your backpack, and then pick up the other items. Be sure that you have sufficient room in your inventory and backpack when moving things, or you can lose things permanently this way also. Sometimes it throws things out onto the ground if you try to move it somewhere where there isn't room, but sometimes it simply disappears forever.

Edited by A. Darkthorn

What the above have said is the safest way, but for the quickest way, when you open your backpack move an item FROM your backpack to you inventory and it will swap it with an item in your main inventory, so say you have an M4 equipped in your main inventory and you want the DMR out of your bag, open your bag and click on the DMR and click the arrow to the right to move it into your main inventory and the M4 will move to your backpack, I wouldn't recommend this in tense situations because if you move the item from your inventory into a full backpack it will be destroyed.

Edited by 3kout

The inventory system with Dayz is cumbersome at best, but in no time you will be a pro. 3kout is right on, but make sure you take FROM your backpack. If you try and stuff items from your inventory to your full backpack, your backpack will become Mr. Pacman and eat everything on you!!

Never use the "drop" button in the lower right corner of the inventory window, unless you're trashcaning the item.

Pressing the drop button usually ends in the same result as if you place an item in a full backpack, full vehicle, full tent or accidentaly packs up a tent with items inside. The overflowing gear or "dropped" gear will often reappear on the ground in a random pile after 10-20 seconds, but not necessarily right at your feet. Sometime it will simply disappear.

Edited by Dallas

The inventory system with Dayz is cumbersome at best, but in no time you will be a pro. 3kout is right on, but make sure you take FROM your backpack. If you try and stuff items from your inventory to your full backpack, your backpack will become Mr. Pacman and eat everything on you!!

What if I transfer item from full backpack TO full inventory. Will it also disappear?

Is this really the only way?

It is not good designed in my opinion.

It's alfa what do you expect. standalone comeing soon and they will probably fix things like this.

What if I transfer item from full backpack TO full inventory. Will it also disappear?

No, like I said in my other post transferring an item FROM a full backpack TO a full inventory will make the item from your backpack swap places with an item in your inventory and no items will disappear, but the other way around, from your inventory to your back pack will make items disappear, so just be careful at first and take your time until you get used to it, or until the standalone where this should be fixed :thumbsup:

• Like 1

No, like I said in my other post transferring an item FROM a full backpack TO a full inventory will make the item from your backpack swap places with an item in your inventory and no items will disappear, but the other way around, from your inventory to your back pack will make items disappear, so just be careful at first and take your time until you get used to it, or until the standalone where this should be fixed :thumbsup:

That is what I wanted to know.

Thank you.

I suggest that you do not use your full items in public servers because there are a lot of scavengers in this game. You should just bring what you should and do not play like it is COD, the game has a slow pace so just relax.

I logged in again and all my items next to main weapon disappeard. 7 full magazines and other.

if you click on the item you want in your bagpack it will just swap it with a item of the same size of your inventory