hate4uall

Dont disconnect in buildings!!!!

Just for all you new guys NEVER , NEVER, disconnect a game inside a building.

you are mostly in a lootable room , and when when you do reconnect You will more than likely get shot by a random looter.

Ive have to kill 5 people due to this , get in the woods

dont worry there are no bears.:P

O'dear. I'm currently logged out in a building. Do I dare log in? :O F it, 360 when I log in and spray at anything that's moving.

Not to mention it's extremely unfair for the player who had previously cleared the building, just to find someone who just logged in shoot him in the back.

more than likely, lulz

its a 225qkm map, 50 ppl fit on one server.

i can run for hours and even days without seeing any other player.

the only real downside of spawning inside buildings is: you will likely despawn all the loot.

Actually, what a great idea! :D

Shouldn't there be bears or other dangers in the wild? It would be realistic and since zombies don't stroll around the forests, other threats should. It could still be way safer than cities but as any survivor living in the woods, you'd still have to worry about wildlife.

As someone else said the major problem with disconnecting in a building isn't the small likelihood of another player being in that building when your reconnect but that the loot around you won't respawn and could disappear when you reconnect.

The biggest issue I've had logging out in a building was when I did it on the top platform of the green mountain radio tower. When I logged back in, the tower was invisible.

That's right, I was floating 80 feet off the ground, with very little movement (the hallway is narrow!) and no idea where the ladder down was. Took me 5 minutes of bumping around against invisible walls to find the ladder down icon. It's a miracle I didn't die.

Actually' date=' what a great idea! :D

Shouldn't there be bears or other dangers in the wild? It would be realistic and since zombies don't stroll around the forests, other threats should. It could still be way safer than cities but as any survivor living in the woods, you'd still have to worry about wildlife.

[/quote']

AGG ZOMBIE BEAR ?? :D

...extremely unfair...

roflmao :heart: :angel:

more than likely' date=' lulz

the only real downside of spawning inside buildings is: you will likely despawn all the loot.

[/quote']

I have logged out in buildings a few times and I did notice that there were no loot when I logged back in. Not a problem, but it makes me wonder: Some people seem to take great joy in hopping from server to server while inside a barracks. How do thery not despawn the loot? How does that work?

more than likely' date=' lulz

[/quote']

I have logged out in buildings a few times and I did notice that there were no loot when I logged back in. Not a problem, but it makes me wonder: Some people seem to take great joy in hopping from server to server while inside a barracks. How do thery not despawn the loot? How does that work?

Barracks (and other juicy buildings) are so popular, that there are always smb around it to spawn loot for you ( or keep it safe from despawn, so that you can enjoy leftovers)

I'm pretty sure loot doesn't despawn when you log in, but for loot to be there someone has to walk through the trigger for the loot to spawn which may be in or outside the building. So if you log into a building with no loot it just means either no one has been there yet or someone has taken it all already.

Loot is not based on time as some people have said/assumed. It seems to be based on a trigger system, where you walk through a certain point near the building and it checks to see if loot is there already or not and if there isn't has a chance to spawn loot from various tables based on what building it is. so if you log in while in a building, you log in on the inside of the trigger which doesn't activate it. So people server hopping are taking a chance on logging into a server that has seen no one go into that building yet.

Personally I think it's better to do it the other way. you pick up all the items out of a building and take them somewhere and dump them, usually in a big pile. Then walk a distance away(depends on the building and where the trigger is) and then come back to it and see what new stuff has spawned. I saw my dad do this for like 2 hours one night in the barracks at the airfield, it continued to spawn all kinds of stuff untill he found something he wanted, on the same server.