SqTH

DayZ Namalsk map, anyone tried ?

We installed that map yesterday, and looks much better than Lingor or Pantera.

If it worth it, we'll push the latest DayZ custom modifications on it, such as dogs, quiver for the crossbow, etc...

Fell free to test it with us. khalimerot.be:2702 (or 176.31.243.220:2702)

You'll need the map Namalsk. You can activate it on DayZcommander, or dl it here.

PS : the map is around 700 Mb.

reminder : YOU ALSO NEED dAYz

XQv7f.jpg

Edited by SqTH

its a bit complicated to install! wtf! your dragging and droping folders.. thats the most basic of basic it skills one should possess!

its a bit complicated to install! wtf! your dragging and droping folders.. thats the most basic of basic it skills one should possess!

Tell that to any 6updater user or dayzcommander that can't join the server 'cause they don't understand it :|

its easy to install all you do is download three files and put them inside of each other its a hard map if you cant figure out how to install it you wont be able to survive on that island

seen that the serv was full, we added some protections and a regular save/reboot,just in case.

Its 1 am and my neighbors decided to f*ck. That's just great.

its easy to install all you do is download three files and put them inside of each other its a hard map if you cant figure out how to install it you wont be able to survive on that island

Well, here's the intructions one of the mods posted - this was pre-DayZCommander.

Download Namalsk Crysis from here: http://files.tom4897...hfinder_full.7z

Extract both folders (@NC and Keys) to your AO directory, in my case:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@NC

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Keys

Download the DayZ pbo files from here: http://download.nigh...dayz_namalsk.7z

Extract the files to your @NC/addons directory, in my case:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@NC\Addons

Open DayZCommander, click settings > additional launch parameters > and add:

-mod=@NC

Wow. This is even more complicated than using ARMA2launcher Oo

We installed that map yesterday, and looks much better than Lingor or Pantera.

If it worth it, we'll push the latest DayZ custom modifications on it, such as dogs, quiver for the crossbow, etc...

Fell free to test it with us. khalimerot.be:2702 (or 176.31.243.220:2702)

You'll need the map Namalsk. You can activate it on DayZcommander, or dl it here.

PS : the map is around 700 Mb.

reminder : YOU ALSO NEED dAYz

XQv7f.jpg

Yes, we tried it briefly yesterday. It felt like a mix of Lingor and Chernarus. Rather small so expect a lot of PVP.

Supplies seems a bit scarce compared to it's jungle sisters and brothers, but with the addition of airdrops now

available it should even out.

On the plus side are some neat new structures (large towers e t c) and some other buildings.

It seems alot more thought through than some of the other maps.

On the downside, the large buildings in the city are not accessible except on a very few places.

I felt the zombie spawn was a bit over done in a few places (10 coming out of a container in the middle of nowhere?).

The background sounds can be both on the + and - side since some liked it and some hated it.

It's some sort of Dark Ambient type of score.

Yes, we tried it briefly yesterday. It felt like a mix of Lingor and Chernarus. Rather small so expect a lot of PVP.

Supplies seems a bit scarce compared to it's jungle sisters and brothers, but with the addition of airdrops now

available it should even out.

On the plus side are some neat new structures (large towers e t c) and some other buildings.

It seems alot more thought through than some of the other maps.

On the downside, the large buildings in the city are not accessible except on a very few places.

I felt the zombie spawn was a bit over done in a few places (10 coming out of a container in the middle of nowhere?).

The background sounds can be both on the + and - side since some liked it and some hated it.

It's some sort of Dark Ambient type of score.

Yeah, kinda the same feeling.

For the PVP aspect, well, it's more the rain of weapons everywhere. We should definitively balance the loottable. Same for the food and drinks. Too few drinks/food on zombies, too much tin cans.

For the number of zombies, they are lethargic, we're far from a hardcoreDayZ mod. Too easy to loose them. How many times I ran 2 meters, turned around, and lost my zombies.

Catching a cold in the snow that fast surprised me, it should be nerfed.

In the first 10 minutes I had to use 3 heatpacks ... although I did spawn at night, in the rain. Never did find the third heatpack in time to keep me from getting sick.

Love the sounds.

The map seems a bit spartan to me.

The cities/towns are really small ... Chernarus style, definitely not Fallujah style.

A lot of the same old, regular buildings. However there are some new additions.

First impressions (having played it in both night and day) ... somewhere between a C plus and a B minus. I guess really my love for the Fallujah and Lingor maps taints my decision though. So don't take my word for it, download it and play it yourselves and form your own opinion. Some people will love this map and some will hate it, it's just really going to be based on the type of game style and game map you prefer.

(Edit: fixed spelling errors)

Edited by DrainBamaged