zeeb

"Safe-Zone", don't flame right away, just read!

_SAFE-ZONE_

Okay, I know lots of you hate the idea but please hear me out cuz I have an idea that wont ruin the difficulty or anything, just improve gameplay by adding extra/fun features.

A safe-zone should consist of some simple buildings and a small hospital, inside will be patrolling guards, also the safe-zone should be sourrounded by fences of some kind, also there will be 1 guard at each exit, I will tell you why I choose just 1 guard.

So that if they implement roaming zombie hordes, the safe-zone can be compromised, leaving it with nothing but dead bodies and wandering zombies.

After its been taken over by zombies it should take like 2h in real time for the safe-zone to be "rebuild" and zombie free.

The safe-zone will offer stuff like trades, you can buy food, water, even medical supplies and ammo, weapons. But the cost will be really high and instead of plain money, why dont use "bottle caps" like a currency, that would be cool.

Also a safe-zone should be great for newcomers, if you find yourself in the woods, chased by lets say 4 zombies, you dont have any ammo, then you have to run so far until u get to the safe-zone where the guards will help you. Tho this wont be easy in day or nighttime, you players know exactly what I'm talking about, it aint fun being chased by zombies when u have little or no ammo, besides if you bleed, your almost certain screwed.

Tho the safe-zone isnt easy to find, each restart it should be placed randomly, and you wont start inside it. You have to search for it.

Or it can be placed staticly in some small town or something.

It will be like a little place where people can trade and stuff, gamle for currency, or just waste time grouping up or chatting with friends, maybe but a beer at the local bar. Simply improves gameplay.

An example of this is from the movie "Land of the Dead" where they have a safe-zone which gets compromised.

Also PVP wont be possible inside Safe-Zone, then the patrolling guards will kill you if you attack someone, firing shots should be no problem, they should just attract sourrounding zombies which will be killed by guards.

Bandits (aka people with humanity under 0) wont be allowed to enter the safe-zone.

It will be like an invisible wall. And the guard may say something like "You aint welcome here outcast". If a bandit shoots at the guard, the guard will shoot back, the guards can die ofc, but then the patrolling guards will help out.

Or something else to prevent bandits from being allowed into the safe-zone.

What do you all think?

Nope. There is no established order left hence wtf would you need a safe zone? You'll only be hindering pvp, making an area where people can take advantage of somehow (people always find a way to exploit). Besides Zeds already hate Docks those are safe zones.

Just make some friends, join a clan, and establish your own safe zone in a city/town.

no point, if its not really safe and can be taken over, why have it in the first place.

idea is ok but not possible.. why because u take 3-4 ''bandit'' snipers and take everyone out from distance and then free loot for everybody. and probably people will arrange raiding parties just for that cause... so i think it's not so goo after all.

I agree with people who say it must be run by players. It has happened before, like a hospital becoming functioning due to players treating others etc. Griefers always ruin the fun though :(

If you want this, find a group of people who also want this, and build one. I suggest Cherno, has lots of capable buildings.

Just grab a dmr and pick off players before they get there or once they leave

I don't agree with a single one of your ideas, and please, as you ask for your post, "don't flame right away, just read". This is just reasoning, I'm not raging or anything.

1-Bandits not allowed(invis. wall): If I am actually playing as a bandit, and suddenly I find a safe zone ("you can't get in here, because you killed ppl") I wouldn't say "darn it" and turn around, I would camp ALL DAY LONG outside the place. Not only I could take ppl while they are running towards salvation hunted by a zombie horde, I could kill survivors that leave with their backpacks full of goodies.

2-NPC (guards, etc):There's no active scripting, that means that there are no "interact" or, npcs (zombies aren't chars), mainly because this is a sandbox game and that basically means "it is what it is in a place almost generic in its design". Goes against that concept to build ways that ppl SHOULD interact, and SHOULD play.

3-Beginner help(hospital, "safe" place to trade): This is a survival game, and that in fact should be enough to disregard that idea, if you create a "beginner" land, there's no reason pro's won't take advantage of that place, and since there are no lvls, there's no way to separate beginner from pro. So that would lower the game difficulty to ALL players, not just beginners (playing more than 1 hour doesn't make you a pro if you just crouch on the top of a tower, on the far side of the map)

Also, this is an apocalyptic-game. How is it apocalyptic, if there's a milicia/guard system, and a hospital full of ppl interacting?where's the morality conflict there? where's the uncertainty of the guy next to you?

And if it gets overrun, just spawns back on? that easy? the milicia/guard system just appears? Game looses realism if there's something like that, I mean, zombies respawn, but that's just to solve monster density along the map if some1 starts sistematically killing them.

So, remaining criticism just takes this to an unreadable lvl.

Its a nono, for me at least.

If the ones posting ideas always get criticsm for their "worthless" ideas, then this game will stop developing, have fun, for myself I will just play the game and see what happens, I lost my hopes anyway and wont ever bother helping this community again, im off to NMRIH. And if someone will ever ask me if Day-Z has a good community, I will simply answer "Fuck you say? XD". I hope that was obvious enough for the tards..

Yours, Demnish.

@Bossetti: I would love to see the expression on your face when this game hits standalone and after everyone baught a copy the community slowly dies due to lack of stuff to do or lack of roleplaying features. Keep that in mind, I have my eyes on you in the future, I want that laugh, your sadness is mine.

I really like the idea. I think provides a way to encourge grouping together. I think that if you want to get "realistic" I think that survivors would ban together and make a safe haven for others.

Dear "ragist":

You just criticized the way I reviewed his idea, and that's just as pointless as complaining about a community: doesn't make my review less true, as your complaint doesn't make a community any better.

Also, check out the forum rules, you actually have to talk about the other guy's idea, which u also ignored.

"

Replies to suggestions are good! This is how an idea changes, grows, and improves. With the thoughts and suggestions made by others. But for it to belong here it needs to stay ON TOPIC. If you don't know what that means you probably shouldn't post.

"

As I review ideas, and take the necessary precaution to let him know I am not yelling at the screen while typing, I also post new ones, and try to expand those that I like as a recent member of the community.

Any community gets better with each condescending member that rages out of the forum, so make yourself free of such bondage, but don't think I am (I pretty much think nobody) gonna miss you.-

Yours truly,

A 1-day old member of zday's community

-----------------------------------------------------

About this guy's idea, I still think the same, I hope he keeps giving suggestions, as well as playing the game.

My opinion about it is that it doesn't apply to this kind of game-, although, the suggestion is correctly made, and has a place in this time of the mod's dev.

Good thing to say..... mhm, I kind of enjoyed Land of the Dead?

Listen, I dont give a f*cking f*ck if noone likes this idea, It's still up to Rocket if he wants to implement it or not. =)

Hopefully he will, just watch some zombie movies and you get some good ideas.

As for anyones opinion, I dont really care..

I mean, why would I? I gave an idea and its up to the devs, not the community.

I wont take on a fight against a fellow community member, since this is waste of time.

But it sure feels better having people with you then against you but I guess haters gonna hate.

Cincerely yours, Demnish.

Listen' date=' I dont give a f*cking f*ck if noone likes this idea, It's still up to Rocket if he wants to implement it or not. =)

Hopefully he will, just watch some zombie movies and you get some good ideas.

As for anyones opinion, I dont really care..

I mean, why would I? I gave an idea and its up to the devs, not the community.

I wont take on a fight against a fellow community member, since this is waste of time.

But it sure feels better having people with you then against you but I guess haters gonna hate.

Cincerely yours, Demnish.

[/quote']

Okay well if that's the attitude you have towards your idea then why would Rocket implement it, it's kind of obvious that no one else here thinks it's a good idea and he's not trying to make a mod that has things a large quantity of people dislike. Instead of acting out why don't you try to improve on the idea?

As for myself I like the idea of safe zones... Player made ones but first I think we need fences, such as the ones you find on a construction sight. Now this is just my idea but if you worked together and survived for long enough, a group of people could set up a perimeter, have a fire in the camp, a few tents and your vehicle(s) as well as players at each post.

People may frown upon PvP in said zone because of all the work they put in but hey, there are bad people in the world right? Desperate bandits scrambling for your supplies, they could come raid your camp that you spent all that time building, even take it over and use it for their own ends. All part of survival right? Even without fences it can be done, you could do it near a road in hope to find new survivors to join your group or you could do it in the or out in the middle of nowhere, trying to keep your group closed off from "society."

Either way, your mind is really your own limit here. As long as zombies won't just spawn inside your camp then there are no problems.

Who needs NPC's anyway?

If the ones posting ideas always get criticsm for their "worthless" ideas' date=' then this game will stop developing, have fun, for myself I will just play the game and see what happens, I lost my hopes anyway and wont ever bother helping this community again, im off to NMRIH. And if someone will ever ask me if Day-Z has a good community, I will simply answer "Fuck you say? XD". I hope that was obvious enough for the tards..

Yours, Demnish.

@Bossetti: I would love to see the expression on your face when this game hits standalone and after everyone baught a copy the community slowly dies due to lack of stuff to do or lack of roleplaying features. Keep that in mind, I have my eyes on you in the future, I want that laugh, your sadness is mine.

[/quote']

You have no grasp of what this mod is. It is developing, not in it's complete state.

Are you a parent? If so, did you, at your child's first birthday, castigate him because he doesn't have an MBA and a wife yet? Were you worried he'd slowly die because he's shitting his pants, and adults just don't do that?

Development. Look up the definition.

@Disgraced: I know its in developement, who do you think you are? Calling me retard with other words. F*ck u man. If you even read my post you can see that Im stating its in developement and that in the future if it becomes a standalone game, stuff like this would be a nice addition, specially for new players.

I simply dont want the mod to die, thats all, so you and your opinion matters equal to shit in my eyes, just saying.

What do you even do for the mod? Have you even brung any ideas to make the game better? If not, then you along the others who hasnt, just shut the f*ck up, okey?

I'm the sure the idea was well meaning.

But it is and would be a total waste.

Safe zones just encourage new/more campers and the safe effectiveness could almost be achieved by players trying to make a safe zone.

There are safezones, the forests!

You want PVP trading and junk? go play wow. DayZ is raw and brutal, thats why it's so goddamn brillant!

@Disgraced: I know its in developement' date=' who do you think you are? Calling me retard with other words. F*ck u man. If you even read my post you can see that Im stating its in developement and that in the future if it becomes a standalone game, stuff like this would be a nice addition, specially for new players.

I simply dont want the mod to die, thats all, so you and your opinion matters equal to shit in my eyes, just saying.

What do you even do for the mod? Have you even brung any ideas to make the game better? If not, then you along the others who hasnt, just shut the f*ck up, okey?

[/quote']

Demnish stop being such a retard. Work on your idea instead of flaming other people for pointing out the bad points about it.

Also, I don't think the safe-zones are viable at all, if it would exist I would just camp my self in a very good spot on a hill side as far as visibility and the range of my m107 allow it, and just camp the hell out of it. Just because I started playing Arma+ACE for the realistic ballistics and the opportunity to really take long shots with snipers. So it would just present a fun challenge for me, I would only leave the place to get more ammo for my m107.

And like I would do, I'm certain most other people would do too. Hence, no, just no to the safe-zone. As someone said before, this game is brilliant because of its raw brutality. It is NOT supposed to be beginner friendly. It's an APOCALYPSE. Hell even Arma itself isn't beginner friendly. If you want something beginner friendly go play CoD or Battlefield. Or maybe even Tetris.

Best regards.

While I love the idea of players being able to band together and create for themselves a base of operations in a barricaded house or somewhere out in the woods, an automatically established safe zone would just be a big target for camper snipers and don't really like the idea of using bottle-caps for currency I'd just go play Fallout if i wanted *that* sort of apocalypse. I think your idea is on to something, but like other people have already said it need a bit of tweaking for it to be relevant to the game. I'd be all for being able to collect supplies to build a base or fortify one of the abandoned buildings but it needs to stay in the control of the players at all time and obviously run the risk of being a target for a bandit raiding party but that comes with the game, hell you could even set one up as a trap to lure would be bandits to it and slaughter the lot of them. The possibilities are endless as long as it is all controlled by the player and not randomly spawned in the game or run by militarised NPCs imho but I can see were you were going with your idea, in every zombie apocalypse film humanity nearly always tries to form settlements and safe havens. In dayz it would work best if it was up to the players to do this themselves rather than putting it in as a permanent feature, I say give people the tools to do it themselves an sit back and watch what happens.

Yes I like what Hannibal said, even though the "safe-zone" wouldn't be exactly safe, I would like to have the ability to create bases/fortifications/yougetthepoint and try to create my own "safe-zone". Would not stop people from camping it or raiding it, but it would be a nice addition to the game imo. I wouldn't call it a safe zone, but more of a player-run settlement.

People camping the spot is a risk you must be willing to take. It's like pitching a tent, you always risk to lose the loot you put in it. But that's the beauty of this mod, the uncertainty of what's going to happen, the unerving tension. IT'S A FREAKIN APOCALYPSE! Yey.

xD