mazeash@mail.com

Server restart = Server reset?

Ok so i'm more of a lone wolf player usually, however for the past week i've been playing with some mates, stockpiling loot using tents, making ourselves a little camp site. Then last night I get a text saying that the server has been restarted and as a result, our tents our no more. This apparently is not the first time this has happened to these guys either (on different servers).

Now i'm used to playing out of my coyote pack, so I am unversed in the ways of the tent, so just curious, is this a client-side problem? Does this happen on all servers as of the latest patch? Or is this just badly configured/managed servers and poor player choices?

It's not something that normally happens.

There was a bug a while back where sometimes on a server restart the tents and vehicles script did not load correctly. But at the next restart everything was back to normal.

Most good servers do a restart at least once every 24 hours. Some restart 3-4 times a day.

You could be also talking about a HIVE reset ? It very rarely happens, and if it does, it's only on Private Hive Servers.

It's not something that normally happens.

There was a bug a while back where sometimes on a server restart the tents and vehicles script did not load correctly. But at the next restart everything was back to normal.

Most good servers do a restart at least once every 24 hours. Some restart 3-4 times a day.

You could be also talking about a HIVE reset ? It very rarely happens, and if it does, it's only on Private Hive Servers.

no these servers are connected to the hive, characters remain intact and with their gear. Presumably i should just try a different server :-D. i suppose the more popular ones would be more reliable (hence their player count) but I was really hoping to avoid SUCH busy servers, i have a lot of loot which im quite protective of, and whilst i enjoy play conflicts, i dont enjoy players around every corner lol.

like TSAndrey said, tents are extremely buggy. They tend to disappear no matter the circumstance, and it would be amazing to find a long lasting camp within the game.

However, this is the first time I have ever heard that an admin just restarts the server without at least announcing that it's restarting. They tend to warn ahead of time...

Anyway, this is one of the reasons why I have never attempted at making a base of operations. Far to risky in both the main game and the code.