Tomas889

I'm Back! But where's everyone else...

So erm, I've just finally built my dream computer, get everything installed, boot up ARMA 2 - DayZ and find there's only 1 or 2 people in the servers. I'm lucky if I find one with 5 people that i can actually join.

Where in god's name is everyone!?

I guess for now i'll have to stick to completing ARMA 2.

they are probubly sick of hackers

• Like 1

Something wrong with your filters I think, I see plenty of full servers.

Same problem here, I took a break from the game, like five-six weeks, and when I come back there's almost no one playing.

To my surprise I didn't encounter any hacking or deathmaching. Also the thrill was back, which was actually quite amazing.

I'm not sure though, my session was only 2-3 hours long, can someone tell me are hacker/deathmatching problems gone or did I just have good luck?

Hmm, I'll try again now and see if I can find any full servers.

Depending on how long you were away, Private hives are all the rage now.

Pro's - Way less hackers, regular faces, get to know people and form a community, no ghosting, no server hopping. Most bugs fixed.

Con's - Passworded , need whitelisting, gear is only saved on that one server / hive.

Check out - http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/64-private-hive-discussion/

Same problem here, I took a break from the game, like five-six weeks, and when I come back there's almost no one playing.

To my surprise I didn't encounter any hacking or deathmaching. Also the thrill was back, which was actually quite amazing.

I'm not sure though, my session was only 2-3 hours long, can someone tell me are hacker/deathmatching problems gone or did I just have good luck?

I would say luck.

in theese 2 weeks of playing i only meet 2 hackers, we where streaming so they found our server...

but one hacker gave as alot of stuff tough, so wasn't all bad.

Edited by Floff4rn

Several factors why things are quieter on Day Z these days;

1) A lot of the hype has diesd down now and the fly-by-nights have all moved on to the latest darling title

2) War Z has been released (despite being obviously inferior!)

3) Hackers/script users have fragmented the community and forced people to Private Hives

4) There are more public and private servers now than are needed

5) Theres more custom maps available, again further fragmenting the community

6) Many people are taking a time out till full release

7) THere's a number of people simply waiting for full standa lone release (We have lots of members of our community who just dont want to spend money on ARMA 2 to re-buy the title ina couple of weeks).

Things will all start up mental again upon full standa lone release - you just wait and see :)

Edited by Box
  • Like 1

Ppl are spread out on DayZ "vanilla", DayZ Lingor, DayZ Fallujah, DayZ Panthera, DayZ Takistan, Dayz Utes, DayZ Celle, DayZ Redux

Many play on private whitelisted hives like myself

I would say luck.

in theese 2 weeks of playing i only meet 2 hackers, we where streaming so they found our server...

but one hacker gave as alot of stuff tough, so wasn't all bad.

Good luck with that "free" stuff mate. I just had my 75+ Day Character reset for having illigitimate items. Problem is it's hard to know if items are legitimate when you scavenge them from bodies!

Good luck with that "free" stuff mate. I just had my 75+ Day Character reset for having illigitimate items. Problem is it's hard to know if items are legitimate when you scavenge them from bodies!

Don't worry mate, we only took legit weapons.

Edited by Floff4rn

Private Hives are where the cool kids hang out now day's.

• Like 2

Don't worry mate, we only took legit weapons.

I only had legitimate drop weapons and equipment on me but I'm guessing they werent from a legit source

Private hives, WarZ (lol), or waiting for standalone (such as moi).

I only had legitimate drop weapons and equipment on me but I'm guessing they werent from a legit source

As far as I know, there is no way to distinguish unless they saw logs of the creation or you looting from a hacker box. Either there's more to this story or you got screwed and bought the BS excuse.

waiting for standalone to add to the game...since at the moment its - get gear (thats the best part I think) then do somthing creative/kill someone/get killed/hike around/die to hacker

and repeat

still domination is fun and i recomend trying out ace/acre servers....or get some mates and do the single player coop (although had some issues at one point where we all died getting thrown off a apc with our bikes.....)

While i'm here, would anyone be able to explain why 70% of the servers I now come across are not compatible. My version is 1.62. but then there's all these other servers with the same '1.62.' but with a bunch of numbers. Its not that they're on different maps they're just a different version.

DayZ Commander, HERE I COME.

Thanks.