Sign in to follow this  
2fast4u

Helicopter repair

Hi.

Recently me and my friends found a damaged UH1. We fixed almost everything (rotors, engine, avionics) except hull. For this reason i have fuel leak and i cant refuel chopper. What i need to do to fix hull?

I think scrap metal repairs the hull...perhaps you need fuel tank parts? I have found fuel tank parts around the map for cars and successfully installed them, maybe they apply to choppers as well?

To fix the hull, you need Scrap Metal,

to fix the fuel leak, you need Fuel Tank Parts,

both of which can be found in industrial buildings.

- Questions answered, thread closed. -

Edit:

- Thread reopened on OP request. -

Hi.

Recently me and my friends found a damaged UH1. We fixed almost everything (rotors' date=' engine, avionics) except hull. For this reason i have fuel leak and i cant refuel chopper. What i need to do to fix hull?

[/quote']

Have you tried scrap metal?

Problem is, we have fuel tank parts and a lot of scrap metal but still we can't fix it.

I know how to fix stuff (parts and scroll menu action etc) but i fix everything except hull and i have no idea why. It's a bug or i don't know something?

@Goose Springsteen

Yes i tried scrap metal and/or fuel tank parts.

Maybe it takes more than one fuel tank part to fix since it is a larger vehicle? Maybe you need two or three fuel tank parts to get that whirlybird into the air?

I found an Mi-8/17 and despite having multiple parts for it there was never any scroll option to fix anything.

We had the same problem. The only chopper on the server we play on that isn't bugged was actually the UH1, and that disappeared on a server restart.

It IS a bug, despite what people in this thread are saying. Most of the choppers eat your repair materials and don't actually repair.

Well I noticed that while installing glass onto a vehicle it only repaired one window (front windshield) perhaps like I said earlier it takes multiple parts for larger vehicles. 3-4 fuel tank parts might stack and finally get her airborne.

Let me just go ahead and tell you everything I have learned from hours of trying to repair/fly the 3 types of helicopters in this mod (might vary per server). First off the MH6 can have everything repaired except for the hull itself which leads to leaking fuel, making it non flyable. Mi8 does not have a script for being repaired but depending on it's state when it spawns you might get one flight out of it without a tail rotor or something. and lastly the only helicopter I have been able to get completely working is the UH-1 Huey, (which we lost due to a server restart after it saving while it was on the ground). Also vehicles do not re spawn in this mod and the only way to get more into your server is for a developer to manually place them so don't get your hopes up.

kinda bump, but is there any solution to this yet? i spent 2 days trying to get a huey fixed only to find this.

No.

I found an huey too, but fuel leak.

Didn't manage to repair it. Replaced the fuel tank, shitton of scrap metal on the hull didn't changed anything.

It's a bug, you can't do shit.