markusfix

Huge shopping mall with underground parking

We want a huge shopping mall with an underground car park big enough so it wont become an all out battlefield. with good loot tho

Edited by markusfix
  • Like 3

Sent a PM. If no response will put this down as a spam bot gone wrong.

Temp Lock.

EDIT - a real human it is.

Edited by 4L4N

He just needed time to edit the post.

So anyway, back on topic.

maybe a place where the army made a emergency evacuation centre so u might find some military loot there as well as some first aid equipment 2 go with your basic stuff like a food store clothing shops and stuff like that and in the underground car park some cars that u can fix up or get parts from if there 2 messed up

• Like 2

It's not a bad idea for a map in a more westernized area.

maybe a place where the army made a emergency evacuation centre so u might find some military loot there as well as some first aid equipment 2 go with your basic stuff like a food store clothing shops and stuff like that and in the underground car park some cars that u can fix up or get parts from if there 2 messed up

An enclosed space with an underground car park isn't the smartest place for an evacuation centre, especially if they're evacuating because of a mysterious virus which causes people to eat eachother.

I like the idea. If one of the main cities had underground areas it would effectively double the floor space (and presumably memory use), but you have to realise, introducing a one stop shop for loot spawns would greatly unbalance the use of the map. There are already a few loot rich areas, these get mobbed all the time.

Yes to underground expansion, but I don't think a mall is the way to go. I would prefer to see military bunkers with subterranean access, or train tunnels and subway stations. Maybe just the car-park? I don't know.

• Like 2

they should also have a shop in the mall where you can customize characters chlothing or weapons.

they should also include a vending machine in parts of the map where they aint much loot so when you get hungry you can buy something like a drink or a snack and you get money by looting house and zombies or you dont have to include money because you could just break the glass of the vending machine LOOOL

Edited by tyroneallstars

We want a huge shopping mall with an underground car park big enough so it wont become an all out battlefield. with good loot tho

good idea

they should also include a vending machine in parts of the map where they aint much oot so when you get hungry you can buy something like a drink or a snack

No.

No no.

No.

No.

• Like 1

Firstly, a huge shopping mall would usually be found in a city area? DayZ is set in a country environment with few major cities a lots of small towns spread out. Having a huge shopping mall would require a massive city, otherwise it would look, well fucking stupid hounestly. And suppose they do add a massive city, about 4 times bigger than cherno, then maybe that would suit it.

But then it would just be a massive pvp area, also shopping malls in your oppinion should have "good loot", woulden't that mean that everyone in the city would be attracted to it? Not to mention clans congregating there and camping the whole mall. My point is, having a huge shopping mall would be "an all out battlefield".

Hounestly I think general stores are enough for DayZ, enough people are attracted to them as is. Also, you mentioned that they should have good loot, please define good loot. I'm guessing you maybe mean weapons? Because finding food is easy, finding a firearm is the hard one. And shopping malls are the wrong place to find them.

Actually, Rocket heard such idea recently and liked it a lot. He also mentioned (while talking about interiors) he has some "awesome" idea for this huge main apartment building in the centre of Cherno.

Underground parking, sewers, storages... I wish rocket does it along with implementing his underground construction. This is really an awesome idea and will be a true battlefield. I imagine the atmosphere and the tension....

• Like 2

Firstly, a huge shopping mall would usually be found in a city area? DayZ is set in a country environment with few major cities a lots of small towns spread out. Having a huge shopping mall would require a massive city, otherwise it would look, well fucking stupid hounestly. And suppose they do add a massive city, about 4 times bigger than cherno, then maybe that would suit it.

But then it would just be a massive pvp area, also shopping malls in your oppinion should have "good loot", woulden't that mean that everyone in the city would be attracted to it? Not to mention clans congregating there and camping the whole mall. My point is, having a huge shopping mall would be "an all out battlefield".

Hounestly I think general stores are enough for DayZ, enough people are attracted to them as is. Also, you mentioned that they should have good loot, please define good loot. I'm guessing you maybe mean weapons? Because finding food is easy, finding a firearm is the hard one. And shopping malls are the wrong place to find them.

The loot should have limited stock so one cant guarantee availability

Edited by markusfix

Yep. It's the military tent camps in Stary Sobor and Berezino, and the M.A.S.H. in Cherno. As for malls, have anyone of you seen the tube stations in Moscow?

the problem i see in a more westernized super huge economic center is the survival, maybe you could survive some weeks, but only if there hasnt been many people that looted the place already, if we focus in real survival elements, foraging, planting, making a settlement, hunting. But most landscapes that have been turned into lifeless and dull cities cant be changed back quickly into usable terain for a more natural survival. IMO cities should be seen more as ruins that have more nature taken over, almost no food spawn there, and maybe a little less interesting gear like military and civilian gear. cities are too important already, and after being totally looted, they loose all the importance. And letting good loot spawn in eternity at this rate is unauthentic, maybe after being looted a lot of time, the city starts the decreasing the good loot spawn, and the others have an increase.

YOUR A HATER LEAVE!!!!

Your suggestion was retarded, you should be the one to leave.

EDIT: To clarify. Use of money and vending machines for easy access to basic supplies? You're playing the wrong game.

Edited by Chabowski

they should also have a shop in the mall where you can customize characters chlothing or weapons.

they should also include a vending machine in parts of the map where they aint much loot so when you get hungry you can buy something like a drink or a snack and you get money by looting house and zombies or you dont have to include money because you could just break the glass of the vending machine LOOOL

YOUR A HATER LEAVE!!!!

So......Dead Rising?

great idea! imagine the epic shootouts that would happen in the mall and there could be vehicles in the underground car park

DAYZ New York Map

This could be included in one of the Players created maps Rocket has been talking about. There are a lot of creative bastards out there, would only take some group to decide on DayZ New York Map, time consuming to create, but think of the game play. Dark Skyscapers, torch only all the way up to a great Sniping point if thats your style.

Subways : Miles of underground Subway systems

Stores and houses

Endless choice for this environment

Chernogorsk is the biggest town on the map and it's way too small to merit having a shopping mall. It would just look out of place.

Chernogorsk is the biggest town on the map and it's way too small to merit having a shopping mall. It would just look out of place.

It doesnt need to be in the city it can be near or around the city