Sign in to follow this  
shosh

WTH are the updates?

Why aren't there any updates to DayZ anymore? I thought he was going to work the mod alongside the standalone. There are too many broken components in the mod that have gone ignored for too long.

I don't mind the mod being ignored if it means a more polished standalone in two months.

• Like 2

Well, it would make sense to focus on the new product launch and maybe after work on them both.

Take a deep breath and have patience all will be good in time..

OP has 1 post, I sense trolling...nevertheless the answer is simple, all the problems you are probably experiencing will be more easily solved in the standalone game where the DayZ team doesn't have to rely on the ARMA II engine underneath it...they've got their own version/code that they can do whatever they like with.

I'd rather Rocket and his team just go all out with the Standalone. Not long yet until it's released anyway.

OP has 1 post, I sense trolling...nevertheless the answer is simple, all the problems you are probably experiencing will be more easily solved in the standalone game where the DayZ team doesn't have to rely on the ARMA II engine underneath it...they've got their own version/code that they can do whatever they like with.

are you serious? 1 post makes me a troll? Jesus Christ with the idiots calling everything on the internet trolling nowadays.

My question was valid. Dean Hall said that the mod wouldn't be ignored and they would work the standalone alongside the mod. Did he not say that? I've got a feeling he is just focused on the standalone and forgetting some of his biggest fans who bought into the mod early.

Edited by shosh

http://dayzmod.com/f...pdate-26092012/

Basically working with the community to continue updates to the mod so the dev team can focus on standalone. I expect this means a number of the duping/bug fixes and features that many privates are already using will be added to the official hive at some point.

Edited by smasht_AU

Given unlimited resources I'd like them to continue to work on both. Given finite resources I'd rather they go all out on the Standalone. Put every single man on making it as good as it can be. DayZ the mod is superb. DayZ the game has the potential to be one of the all time greats IMO.

There haven't been as many updates as before, but less updates can also mean a better game stability which can maybe mean they are focusing more on the standalone now, which is a good thing, since the standalone wil be a remasterd and improved version of this current mod for ArmA. Don't worry about the updates. If you can play and have fun then probably everything is all right. If the dev team notices something that needs updating I'm sure they'll do it first thing (: