screenracer

Cant Play DayZ Steam Error (Game is currently unavailable application running)

When i try to play arma 2 in combined operations i get this message. This game is currently unavailable (application running) and the game isnt running. Any ideas?

Ok, bypass Steam and run only ArmA, that will do it.

Steam has problems with the content renewal it seems, could be a patch issue.

Ok, bypass Steam and run only ArmA, that will do it.

Steam has problems with the content renewal it seems, could be a patch issue.

You cant, I can run the games sepratly but DayZ needs arma to be ran in Combine Ops mode.

I hear you.

Did you do the Windows Troubleshooting steps, and retested after every step?

Clearly a Steam issue.

How do you bypass steam?

You have a Steam, steamapps, common, arma2 operation arrowhead folder right?

Run the the game exe from there....

If you install the latest Beta patch, you will get a Launch Arma2 OA beta Patch shortcut in that folder, that you can drag to your desktop to use.

Try this...

You must set the games resolution to your desktops resolution..

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2885789

Didnt work. I heard something about the latest steam update broke some of the games such as Arma 2 CO, Saints Row 3 (Fixed now), Cubemen (Who really cares its boring anyway) etc...

Loads of us can't launch from steam atm because of this error.

Simply launch _runA2CO.cmd from your OA folder, seems to remember that dayz was the last mod loaded so works fine.

Highly fucking annoying. Spent ages trying to find out what was causing the problem when it happened to me earlier and didn't find a solution.

Just use http://www.dayzcommander.com/]DayZ Commander and connect to servers through that.

Didnt work. I heard something about the latest steam update broke some of the games such as Arma 2 CO, Saints Row 3 (Fixed now), Cubemen (Who really cares its boring anyway) etc...

This!

Happened to me after Steam needed to update files to a new "More Efficient" version or something. That went through just a couple days ago now, cannot launch from Steam at all. Launching through dayz commander still works but I normally launch directly through Steam.

This!

Happened to me after Steam needed to update files to a new "More Efficient" version or something. That went through just a couple days ago now, cannot launch from Steam at all. Launching through dayz commander still works but I normally launch directly through Steam.

I havent played dayz in about a month...tried firing it up today and same shit.

Never used commander...guess ill try it out now.

After Steam did some "file optimizing" or something like that I got the "application running" error.

I found this solved my problem, be sure to look at the addendum for dayZ players

http://forums.steamp....php?p=33148983

I had to reupdate my beta, but that might have been because I didn't see the dayZ addendum until after I reupdated. Hope this helps.