Typheran

Are hackers down to a respectable level yet?

Hi Bean peoples,

Simple question... have they finally worked on the hacker problem or is it still the wild script west in here?

I haven't played in months. I loved the immersion of the game, but being teleported and slayed on a daily basis kills that.

Anyway, have they finally made Battle eye and server logs talk to each other? I was soo tired of checking server logs and seeing that people were teleporting and spawning items and battle eye couldn't see it.

I usually stick to one server, so its hard to say in my case. Other than that, don't see and or get killed by a hacker as much as I used to. I have only seen 1 in the past 3 weeks, but like I said I stick to one server with active admins.

Yes. Hackes are still here, but masskills and teleporting is very rare now

• Like 1

I've actually seen a decline in the last week or so, but school holidays have just ended so that could be a reason. The servers I usually play on are usually frequented by the same toads every day, so you know when to leave because they're brazen enough to keep the same name (either brazen or just really fucking stupid), but in the last week they haven't been seen at all, the ping requirement has been lowered to a max of 100ms where I play now and that seems to keep them away as most of them are from over seas (burnt bridges in their own countries servers, so target others)

I really hope they have just become bored of being total pains in the ass, they have managed to kill a lot of peoples interest until standalone is released, it can't be fun not having full servers to mess with, oh and black ops 2 is about to hit, so they might disappear altogether.

• Like 1

Scripters can still hack in vehicles and all kinds of weapons. Also, they usually tend to favour servers with lots of other players on them. For some reason they feel better about themselves when they get more people to grief.

The other day, someone tried to kill me and a friend with an artillery barrage. When all hell broke loose behind us we got the hell out of that server. I'm pretty sure it missed us only because of crazy lag.

Another time, I was "insta-killed" while I was hidden behind cover. If somebody managed to shoot me, he would have to be close and there should have been a sound, but I just died for no obvious reason. Other odd stuff happened nearby before this, like weird car sounds and explosions, so it's no wonder, really.

On yet another server, my friend spotted ten or so empty tents at the West end of Kamenka. When he came up to Zeleno he saw fire in the horizon, while I didn't see anything. We got the hell out of that server too.

I know I should've reported these incidents, but I was too busy playing and having fun. However, now that I've noticed my own personal lazyness, I will make it my mission to dutifully report incidents like those.

I've haven't been hacked on since sunday night the 14th of oct and it was at least twice a day thing. Since Warz alpha came out(oct 15th) i think some of the hacker's moved on over there. Pretty sure when they realize what a flaming bag of crap it is, they'll be back.

Just play on private servers, much less hacking there. Since they have to log onto that server to get you, nobody can ghost, or login with gear from elsewhere...and when they get banned they're gone for good.

It's awesome when people hack in shit on a private hive, then when confronted they say they found it on another server.....

Saw 1 hacker last night. He was just spawning stuff in and running around taking people for flying boat rides lol.

Haven't seen anything else though in the last week after coming back from a hiatus.

I've run across a few hackers and all they wanted to do was give ammo boxes away. Not like it used to be with the instakills and teleporting people around.

They really have managed to cut down the scripting and cheating to a very acceptable level. I've actually moved back to high-pop servers (20-30 players preferably) over the past few weeks and I haven't been teleported or hack-killed once! Imagine. Duping is still pretty widespread but that's because the alpha release is still buggy, not because of scripts for the most part. It's quite awesome, OP you should come back.

Edited by Bakst

Just left a Lingor server on the main hive where 1 or more hackers were teleporting around killing players, they got called out a few times in side chat but were playing the "oh it wasn't me" bit, also a couple people were banned when this was going on, but I'm pretty sure the teleport hacker didn't get banned because players were still steadily dieing and complaining. I've read that they cannot see players if they are inside a vehicle, so for the majority of the tele hack killings I was inside a SUV watching this shit go down in side chat.

Edited by Mr Faust

Nowadays, probably latest succesfull updates of BattleEye, every hacker gets banned. It just matter of time. Once they join in a server, they get flag on their cd key and in time, BE smashing global ban on their face. Im playing regularly on 15 - 20 player servers and still I couldnt see any hacker. I dont know the conditions of private hives so they always get global ban, they cannot escape after BE v1.180...

For now, I can see my money hasnt fly to the atmosphere yet... ;)

The place where hackers usually get the script and bypass has disabled teleporting along with mass kills due to it being a pain to recode every time battleye updates, which is why that hasn't happened in a while also NEVER play on NZ servers hosted by Orcon, they have no admins making it a paradise for hackers

I just played on a Lingor server, picked up a can of COKE and RC to drink it, instead, it opened up a massive weapons and vehicle selection screen !

Those sneaky fucks are masking their weapons spawn kits as essential objects now !

I logged out - many admins are issuing bans for even having illegal weapons in your inventory.

• Like 1

Worse than ever, i had 4 mass teleports just this evening all on different servers.

They will never defeat script bypassers in arma 2, i can guarantee that now, they might get plenty of extra money due to Battleye stealth updates resulting in global bans, but there are people that pay loads of money for updated bypassers aswell.

DayZ wont be free of script kiddies untill arma 3, im not even sure it will be then.

Worse than ever, i had 4 mass teleports just this evening all on different servers.

They will never defeat script bypassers in arma 2, i can guarantee that now, they might get plenty of extra money due to Battleye stealth updates resulting in global bans, but there are people that pay loads of money for updated bypassers aswell.

DayZ wont be free of script kiddies untill arma 3, im not even sure it will be then.

If you see people teleporting and masskilling, it's a private bypasser. There are no public bypassers, cause BE busted them all! However, BE also busts private bypassers but it takes time and money, so it's hard for them...

The only thing you can do now is wait for standalone. Cheating is a problem that needs to be solved by the developers (Arma 2 was intended to be open, so they won't change it here)!

• Like 1

lol, teleporting rare? have you played the game lately ?

Sry i don't play anymore until they get rid of the hackers, they are everywhere

on all servers around, mini gun with explosive rounds, teleporting, take control of characters,

character stuck at one position and can't leave, para jump, bypass BE to prevent detection.

everything is there + the game is 80 % broken and all this on real servers and not private hives!!

And they never will fix it because the arma 2 engine is not supposed to handle

this kind of games.

The cheat pages have over 100 of hacks to arma 2 dayz with ready scripts.

And you don't need and knowledge to handle it!!

and all is free.

Maybe next year

i play another zed games now and there are no hax yet what we can see.

That sucks that you got teleported four times in one night, but I really have to disagree with your claim that it's "worse than ever." The exact opposite is the case: broadly speaking it's better than ever, and that's not just me saying it, I've been reading it all across the forums. I'm not sure why it has improved -- whether it's Battleye's efforts, scriddies losing interest, or something else -- but the consensus is that it has improved.

What server(s) were you playing on where the teleporting happened? Like I said in my previous post, I have moved back onto medium-to-high pop public Chernarus servers and things have been going swimmingly. I'm not saying cheaters are gone completely, that'll never happen, but it's nothing like the raging ever-present cheating that we had just a few months ago.

Battleye is absolutely abysmal. Hacking was the only fun thing about DayZ, other than that it got very boring, very quickly.

There is your answer. Hackers are bored and have dispersed. When the standalone is released, they will be back in force, we will have to wait and see if there is a solid anti-hack system in place when that happens.

Just play on private servers, much less hacking there. Since they have to log onto that server to get you, nobody can ghost, or login with gear from elsewhere...and when they get banned they're gone for good.

It's awesome when people hack in shit on a private hive, then when confronted they say they found it on another server.....

+1

Actually hackers are worse than ever.

Last week we had to shut our server down. A whole hacking group decided that our server was worth hacking and was script killing our hwole server and nuking everything....pretty much forced us to get whitelisted.

It's probably the best move we ever did though since then we are getting a lot of positive feedback and there is barely any hacking if any, though I suspect some use of esp, occasional teleporting but nowhere near the hacking like kill scripts.

There is your answer. Hackers are bored and have dispersed. When the standalone is released, they will be back in force, we will have to wait and see if there is a solid anti-hack system in place when that happens.

Yeah seriously. "Hacking was the only fun thing about DayZ" that guy obviously missed the point about this game. Meanwhile, waiting to see... (edit) but I think the fact that the devs are building the SA from the ground up allows them to keep it tight in a way that hasn't been possible with the ArmA2 engine.

Edited by Bakst

Yeah seriously. "Hacking was the only fun thing about DayZ" that guy obviously missed the point about this game. Meanwhile, waiting to see... (edit) but I think the fact that the devs are building the SA from the ground up allows them to keep it tight in a way that hasn't been possible with the ArmA2 engine.

They are not building the standalone from the ground. They are using a modified Arma2 engine (From Take On Helicopters).

But having control over the state of the game engine in a standalone should allow the devs to button down things a lot tighter and control the scripting at least.

They are not building the standalone from the ground. They are using a modified Arma2 engine (From Take On Helicopters).

But having control over the state of the game engine in a standalone should allow the devs to button down things a lot tighter and control the scripting at least.

Okay I put it wrong. You're right they're using the ToH "Arma 2.5" (Rocket) engine, but what I'm saying is that they can strip anything not needed for DayZ from the code so that the possibilities for hacking in the SA are limited to begin with, assuming the devs get it right. I think it will be more hack-proof.